1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(Mostly) Workshops Week

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 21, 2012.

1. flipperz

flipperz Shopkeep Stealer

#

Water, Water needs to be improved, I realise kag devs want even the weakest typ of pc's to run kag, but I'd gladly sacrafice some frame rates for whater that doesn't get inside a sealed building

:castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg: (When there is a gab in the building then the water will consume it.
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:

I'm just saying, the way kags water is now.. its not what i was hoping for.

LostPix likes this.
  2. Madbow

Madbow Horde Gibber

The water in Kag is, in a way realistic, the water is sea level and if you go to sea level under ground you still find water, the Terria system could also work but would hurt the frame rate if older pc's, the dev's are going to make the choice not us

sea level system or water block system

3. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Not EXACTLY how it work but in terms of a gameplay mechanic it's not too bad, I dunno if restricting it into different sections of the map but still in it's current form might work though. Simply put though, performance aside, even with good PCs server lag will make terraria style water lag anyway so it's pointless.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Old PC's and all that, it's 2012 already and even cheapest parts will offer more performance than parts for let's say 6 years ago.

5. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

I bought myself computer two weeks ago. 550€ and you are getting computer that can handle good games on maximum for 4-5 years.

Topic: I think just minecraft-classic-like water would fit in. Simply it would start from middle of lakes, then heighting and flooding things around. Maybe adding "pseudo-pressure" that will wreck buildings?

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hey, guys.

Just a quick, friendly reminder that water is not the topic of this tread. Additionally, changes to water (Terraria-like, Minecraft-like, etc.) have been ruled out for the foreseeable future; and hence any discussion is largely pointless.

If you insist on talking off-topic about water I will infract you and/or edit your posts to make you look extremely stupid. :huh?:

That is all.

7. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Can we discuss that "photo" on the main page? That doesn't have it's own thread and no-one seems that have mentioned it yet, all I can deduce from it is class modding/creation is well under way perhaps, maybe it's showing off the animation editor thingamabob geti mentioned they were planning to make animating much easier.

xChapx likes this.
  8. PenultimatePanda

PenultimatePanda Shipwright

I'm going to amend my original thing about siege shops since this is supposed to be about workshops to an idea that will never get implemented but is on topic. :P Combine three things the battles in Emipre Earth II where when one team was losing the map would open up ehind them and they would retreat back and set up a new base while the attacking front took over their old land and the At-Ats in Battlefront that acted like mobile spawn points and the experimental weapons front Supreme Commander. Have seige towers that are giant hugely expensive and--on topic with shops inside--that move over the battle field and could potentially over run the enemy base at which point the map would get larger behind them to retreat onto. Yay.

Also since practically everyone wants more classes have a workshop class there you play as a building transformer or maybe just a building but at least a pretty one.

9. Madbow

Madbow Horde Gibber

wouldn't outposts count and mobile spawns/command centers?

10. PenultimatePanda

PenultimatePanda Shipwright

Yes but they aren't a seige tower.

11. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

can we make workshops that sell water?
    hey fbb can we talk about water in this method?

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You may talk about water so long as a) it's relevant to workshops/the OP; b) you talk about water as it currently is (not how it might be, or how you wished it was).

So yes, you can; but no, not like that. Ty for checking before launching into a full discussion though. ;)

13. RichEdmonds

RichEdmonds The Ostrich Rider Donator

I would be very much obliged for you to take my money again. Take it, dammit! Sounds good, keep up the superb work!

14. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

people do you think that when fire will come out, people will have to buy it from a shop or make it like in terraria with standing in a water and have a empty bottle and "make" a water filled bottle, or anything else?

15. RichEdmonds

RichEdmonds The Ostrich Rider Donator

It would be good to have it both ways, so you have the realism of actually crafting such items but can purchase them from shops should you feel lazy and have the correct requirements?

16. Madbow

Madbow Horde Gibber

Back on topic: would it be possible to buy a personal lock from a workshop, a lock only YOU could open? (would cause trolling though)

17. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Why would you need a lock when someone can still break it.

18. pokeblue

pokeblue Catapult Fodder

can't wait for the next update!

19. Madbow

Madbow Horde Gibber

only builders would be able to break it.