1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mac Engine KAG Mouse cursor problem

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TomHanks, Mar 29, 2014.

1. TomHanks

TomHanks Builder Stabber

Category: KAG Client

Operating system: MacBook Air OS X Lion 10.8.5

Build number: 1057

Description: I have found that moving the mouse cursor activates one of the "action" keys making the sword/bow/pick automatically go into use. It happens rather frequently. It will mainly occur if I am try to use the craft menu. I open it and moving my cursor over anything will automatically select it and will on occasion cause my cursor to appear to be unresponsive. I have messed with my trackpad and wireless mouse thinking it was the cause at first, but it is not. I have come to the conclusion it is the game as whenever I open the controls menu and click something to change, the movement of the mouse cursor will cause the key to bind to either "mouse X 1" or "mouse left". I am unsure as to why this happens and find it to be too much of a hindrance to allow enjoyment of the game.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open up KAG and go into a game. (Solo just for the sake of speed)
    2. Frantically move the cursor around and see if this causes the game to activate action 1.
    3. If you are unable to tell go into the controls menu and see if the movement of the mouse cursor will automatically assign a key config to something such as "mouse left"

I appreciate any and all help with this. I find the game to be enjoyable and understand why there may not be much mac support. I suspect that this may just be a problem with mac but would appreciate any feedback from other mac users. I did not find any other posts similar to this prior to making this post though so it may just end up being some sort of problem with my computer if it is found that this can not be reproduced.

2. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

I have the same problem on my MacBook Air.

I also thought that this was about my mouse acting up, but then I tried it with another mouse with the same result. Heck, I even tried the Trackpad. ::):

This bug makes playing a Knight or Archer rather difficult, because you can't charge a slash or a bow reliably (let alone a Catapult in your own base).

Category: KAG Client

Operating system: MacBook Air OS X Mavericks 10.9.3

Build number: 1120

Description: A charge (slash / bow) is interrupted when moving the mouse cursor around at the same time. UPDATE: I changed my Action 1 key from Mouse 1 to Shift and noticed that I didn't get the same problem. The same problem returned when I reversed the change.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open up KAG and go into a game. (Solo just for the sake of speed)
    2. Pick a Knight or Archer
    3. Try to charge a slash or a bow while moving your mouse cursor around
    4. Notice that your charge will be interrupted sometimes

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  3. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

are you using a mouse or touchpad? because mac touchpads its a bit hard (for me) to click and if you are moving your mouse around you may accidentally be holding it, and there are a lot of other "issues" with it, if you do have it you should also consider investing in a mouse, if you already have a mouse im afraid i cant help you, try poking around in the files and ask for help on the irc

4. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

The same thing has happened to me, but only with fullscreen. It works fine if the game is windowed

5. Theodore433

Theodore433 Arsonist

I find myself in the same situation. It is nearly rendering the game unplayable. Nearly.

There was another thread concerning this very issue in 2013, but it seemingly went unresolved.

Category: Kag Client

Operating System: OSX 10.8.5

Build Number: 1239

Description: In menu or gameplay, the trackpad (or mouse, mind you) will randomly trigger right and/or left clicks when I am scrolling or otherwise in contact with the trackpad (AKA every couple seconds). The behaviour goes away when playing in a window as opposed to fullscreen. On a 2009 17" Macbook Pro. No apparent hardware issues. This behaviour is only exhibited in KAG, and did not appear until I replaced my hard drive a month or so ago, backtracking from 10.9 to my current OS.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Scroll / move fingers about on trackpad or mouse without clicking (in fullscreen mode)

2. See it activating the LeftMouse and RightMouse randomly every couple seconds with seemingly no pattern