1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

My faith in the Newer kag players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PlasmaBunny, Jun 5, 2012.

1. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Thats what I said. XD

2. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Well 9 likes seem to disagree with you.

Sometimes you just have to put up with noobs. They can get annoying but playing with them is better than being kicked.

BeasterDenBeast and PeterPan14 like this.
  3. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

Sometimes...I don't know...Eh tomato tamoto...

Gonf likes this.
  4. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

The secret is to take time to calmly explain a few pointers. Most people don't research basic strategies before playing a game. Most people play a game to see if it's fun, then try to get better at it. As a seasoned veteran, it's your job to show them the fun. Also, the end of your sword. Mostly the fun though.

Gonf likes this.
  5. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

or you could sarcasm...

6. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

I once took down of my own 3 block towers on a zombie server with warning, some idiot jumps in, dies and keeps calling me a griefer until 5 people checked me out >.>

Fake blaming for griefing is one of the things I hate most in this game :(

It might be the only thing I hate in this game lol

Gonf likes this.
  7. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

There is not really anything we can do about this. Just ignore them.

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

C-Can we hang out some time?

I-It's not like I l-like you or anything...

'campers'
    first i've heard that one, that's a jolly good laugh.

Also there have been at least 5 of this same thread with some people being all "bUTH ELP THE NEWBIES THEY JUST NEED 2 LRN!!!!!!!11!!!" and others not giving a fuck after several tries and just telling them to fuck off.

I personally spend most of my time on Action servers and ban anyone doing stupid shit and then giving a smart ass answer when told his shit is stupid. What's that, stone skybridge? Tell me to fuck off when I tell you that stone skybridges are bad? Lolban. IT might be excessive but I'll tell you what, it sure removes the idiots fasts.

Knighthart, PlasmaBunny and Bammboo like this.
  9. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Am I the only one who thinks the General Discussion is being flooded with noob bashing threads?

You know, a fair few people say we have one of the "worst game communities there is", citing the members' immaturity from the General Discussion subforum specifically, and probably posts like this.

This is the General Discussion and there isn't much place else for stories like these (as extravagant and funny as they may be); but things are getting pretty damn bad, everyone.

10. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

If you think that KAG's community is harsh,just look at DayZ's community.

Personally Im ok with unexperienced players doing mistakes as most of us are(I think).But when someone nullifies all your work by doing something terrible,ignores all warnings and advices - it'll piss off anyone.

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  11. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Rather than tell you a story about things that happened with new players, here's one from when I was new.

I had dug out a large portion of a tunnel and established an outpost, so, I have this little underground paradise with n00bish knights attacking occasionally.
    So this one guy, tags the outpost as a spawn point, now this guy, sucked, badly. so rather than tagging the outpost on the surface he would run out and die again and again... thus respawning at my underground base.

now on his 17th death he says; "Oww what the fuck this shit isn't helping anyone, fuckin noob builder destroy this base." So I say; "no". so he says..."Aww what the fuck you fucking gay homo go fuck your brother and die in a hole."

I entombed him in castle wall.

Problem solved.

KnightGabe13, Gonf, Vaugen and 4 others like this.
  12. allknowingfrog

I think "flooded" is a bit strong, but this discussion definitely could have gone into an existing thread. Who thinks we have the "worst community there is?"

13. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Redditors, mostly, but I've also been told via other gaming discussion boards, and specific IRC channels.

14. allknowingfrog

Have you seen the KAG subreddit? It's weak. I think Reddit's opinion matters, but don't take it as a measure of general consensus. I think it's important to be friendly to new players, but the kind of people who judge a game by it's general discussion forum aren't the kind that you really want to have in your community anyway. It's the internet. People are going to talk trash.

Maybe newb-bashing should be a premium privilege. Forbid it in the public forums. Let it run rampant in the full member forum.:p

KnightGabe13, SARGRA13, Beef and 2 others like this.
  15. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Last time any redditors decided to come over it was a joke, those playdate guys, shit was hilarious actually 'We're here and important!', set up a server, full of griefers, full of griefers after the password, mostly of their newer people they joined were the greifers...

Newb bashing is perfectly fine, it's better than leaving it as the elephant in the room and not being allowed to speak about it.

16. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Reddit sucks the hardest cocks ever anyway.

SARGRA13, Jim_Dale, Darksteel and 3 others like this.
  17. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

does anyone get this problem with noobs in zombie survival, where they think that spikes will kill the zombies so they lay spikes everywhere that kills your own troops

SARGRA13, BeenCarl and BlueLuigi like this.
  18. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

I must confess the first time I played zombies I was banned due to that problem. :oops:

19. Pizarro

Pizarro Builder Stabber

I'm brand new to the game and it was only yesterday that I decided to try playing deathmatch and zombie fortress games online. Since I'm still new to the game, I don't know whats expected of me and last thing I want is to be banned from a server from not knowing what to do.

20. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Yes there is a boundary that veterans need to keep in mind. New players should not be banned just for not having learned the game yet. We all had to learn it some time and it would be unfair to hate on new players because they are still learning.