1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

My Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garciat, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Garciat

Garciat Bison Rider Global Moderator

RTS
    How about turning KAG into a Micro-RTS (as in micro management)? Basically, gather resources and use them to unlock structures and technologies. I think this'd be really fun.

Open-Source
    Why not?

2. bilbs

bilbs Guest

Devs have mentioned many RTS elements and used the term RTS in describing some concepts they want to introduce in the future.
    Search feature.
    Good call though

3. Garciat

The RTS theme hasn't really been explored thoroughly in these forums. Searching only results in very vague comments on the topic. That's why I started this thread. I'd like it very much if you didn't approach me in a condescending manner, i.e. your "Search feature" comment.

4. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

It allready is a rts basicaly, what with the stockpiles and CTF being added.

5. Garciat

True, but we both know a "real" RTS has so much more depth regarding upgrades and units. I know excessive depth is a bit against MM's philosophy, but I think there's still lots of room for depth and detail without compromising gameplay in KAG.

I just think it'd be nice to have players work to unlock units and upgrades; let them take the path they desire. This'd add a whole new level of strategy to KAG.

6. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

This May Wreck the game don't u think ?

7. DorkeyDear

DorkeyDear Shipwright

I love custom gamemodes that can be made by players. Having large modability, and a scripting core, then you yourself can make an rts out of kag! /me dreams some more. Point: I hope to see a nice scripting core and modding capabilities so that the devs don't have to spend their time making the core gamemode(s).