1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with Locked Doors and friendly no-collide zknights. also accidental zombie class

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Rubixxcube, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

So for once, I have a useful thread.

To my questions. A really big requirement for me is for it all to be vanilla.
    I already have a friendly spawnable zombie shop in my zfort server. However, when you spawn one in a narrow tunnel, you're beyond stuck. I was trying to figure out how to get through a friendly zknight to go through the player without altering existing zknights. My idea was that perhaps I could create a new zknight file, which is what would be spawned instead of the normal zknight, which would be the exact same entity except with the "1_ball_collides_with_team = 1" set to " = 0". I have two foreseeable problems, one being that as the zombie shop spawns the actors with "skeleton, zombie, zknight;", I dont know if that is a premade entity preset, or if its modifiable for all actors, which would also be interesting. Another would be that I don't know if you can add actors without having to make a downloadable pack, which obviously, makes it non-vanilla.

Locked doors.
    I saw that you can give items "1_ball_opens_doors = 1", which would obviously open doors. What I was wondering was if that was true, would it only open your own doors? My plan is to set red doors to a high health, give a random new item, like a special lantern, a opens_doors command, and that would create locked doors only openable with a key. An application I was thinking of was a sort of scavenger hunt, wherein there is a maze that you have to traverse, find the key and get it to the door to open it. May or may not include parkour. If it does, then the key would be weightless, as to not mess up your parkour.

Something I need dire help on though, that is no longer ideas, is that I accidently made people autobalance to zombie team because I changed the name, and I don't know how to fix it apart from just installing a vanilla zombie folder. I don't want to take off "autoassign_teams = yes" because then I'll end up with a gamemode where you have to spectate for 5 minutes in order to actually get a chance to play, because of the limit on team changes.

Any help on any one of these topics is highly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

(I would try these out myself, but I always end up completely ruining my server when I do.)