1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Nerf or remove spike dropping.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Klokinator, Sep 17, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Why is this such a big arguement? I think that it's very frustrating that you can't counter as a knight and it can also cause teamkills, however, I think that a skilled builder should be rewarded for being able to pull off a quick maneuver like that. I'm think the best comprimise would be to have the shield deflect spikes. I have seen kittycity kill me multiple times and it's because he's gotten good at spike dropping. I think it's a little too strong since it can go through an informative amount t of players tho.

2. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

If you're dying to a builder 8/10 times as a knight, you should probably quit KAG.

Knighthart likes this.
  3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

It's kittycity that kills me all the time cuz I think he sped most of his time trolling

4. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

I agree that builders should be able to kill opponents through the use of skill. However, instakill from 1 placement is not that solution.

What you have just pointed out is the biggest problem with spike dropping. WHY THE HELL IS A KNIGHT UNABLE TO APPROACH A BUILDER JUST BECAUSE THERE IS SOME BACKWALL. Sure you can juke him or stay back, but this creates the silliest mechanic ever. A knight CANNOT approach a builder. A knight should be able to slaughter a builder, but now he can't even get close. Sure if you juke him enough, he'll run out of stone, but how long will that take? Probably long enough for support to arrive or for him to run away. This leads to knights being unable to kill a builder. And this is exactly the same problem with boulders as well. The close-combat class, cannot kill or approach the builder/demo class. It's just stupid.

NinjaCell, zerd, Rayne and 1 other person like this.
  5. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Well then dont just juke him like a 5 year old! Put some skill into it. And a knight is able to approach a builder just because theres some backwall. you just have to take your chances and man / woman up.

6. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Are you kidding me?

So you're complaining of a one-use-instakill of 30 stone and you barely care about boulders? Boulders instakill you, and it's the same with spikes. You just have to use different movements while playing a certain class, to counter their attack.

It's almost exactly the same argument in my opinion, people complaining about something that kills them over and over. I think you just have to put some skill into the game. Seriously, it's not that hard to move towards the builder, back-step and charge your slash. If they fail to kill you, 30 stone gone. A great achievement to you as most builders don't carry all that much stone. I know you say "you can just juke them". Well yes, you can. It's the same as stone collapses in Alpha/Classic. 10 stone, almost always instantly dead. Did anyone complain about that?

---
    I agree with @SAcptm all the way on the previous page. Builders should be able to push towards a tower without being killed half the time. Wait, it's almost impossible to charge to a tower nowadays. Because you basically can't reach the tower. Tonnes of arrows, bombs and kegs all being thrown at you. Oh, you want to arrack an archer? He'll just shoot you and grapple away. You're dead before you realise. With the power of insta-killing you with the shotgun is just retarded.

To cut to the chase, I find that builders may need something to buff them up a bit, as I see most games just end up with cheap tunnelling because builders can't main up forward (most of the time). Yes, they may be able to fuck over your building when the player does get the chance, but knights now have so much mobility with bombs it can be a pain holding and taking an opponents tower.

kittycity, -Crimson- and Apronymous like this.
  7. Boulders have a simple maneuver but spikes are a little silly. A tool used to place on a wall is now inspiring you to run on the battlefield and waste stone. It's pretty dumb. If a builder can't move up then he has to do something else IMO because insta killing on the battlefield is not the solution

You can get good at dodging them but who is going to take the time to try and trick a builder whilst in combat with knights and taking fire from archers.

8. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

You keep saying that it's too effective, but also that it's wastefully expensive.
    Pick a side and stick with it!!

If you get killed by anyone while distracted by another enemy that's not bullshit, it's teamwork.
    The occasional team-kill aside, builders being able to help in team fights is by no means a bad thing.

Postscript: Boulder are harder to dodge than spikes (unless you have catching level ping).
    You literally just slash chicken with the spike zone as your retreat point. It's simple and it doesn't get in the way of normal combat.

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I would rather give builders +25% movement speed and jumping height +2 than instant kill attacks. Also the boulder is useable by all classes. And you can see it coming, and you can catch it as it falls, and you can see the trajectory to dodge it and you can slash-break it and it can even be broken by teammates.

Sooooo what balancing features does spike dropping have?

Edit: Imagine if the only defense to a boulder was dodging it and it instakilled you from any height or angle. I think people would hate it just as much as I hate spike drops.

10. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

spike drops are fine, you're just bad at the game

-Crimson- likes this.
  11. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Difference between spike drops and boulders when facing Anon: you can't dodge boulders on flat land.

12. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

S key

Klokinator likes this.
  13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah... spam S key and catch the boulder. It's not even ping based.

14. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Using the W and the D key don't work with spikes??

Anonymuse likes this.
  15. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

hey man i never said anything about dodging spikes, no need to get all confrontational about it. my only issue is that it's not telegraphed very well, whereas with block droppers you could clearly see someone setting it up.

NinjaCell and Klokinator like this.
  16. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

I was using you as a scapegoat.

17. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

The feature to drop spikes must be removed! I remembered having like 2000 something points in a match but it got ruined because a friendly builder dropped a spike on me when I was grabbing a drink.

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If your only argument for anti-spike is "I was afk stealing a team spot and being useless plus I care too much about score instead of actually winning a match" then maybe you deserved to be spiked.

NinjaCell, SAcptm and Rayne like this.
  19. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

what makes me laugh is that whenever i play builder people ingame expect me to do what they ask:P
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 20, 2014 ---
    then how did i do it 4 times in a row :)

20. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I asked you to make a knight shop once and you did.

SO MUCH FOR FIGHTING THE POWER.

Mods: Rainbows