1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Nerf or remove spike dropping.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Klokinator, Sep 17, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Oh so I cant grab a drink (the processes only takes 1 minute and it was building time) plus I was having a competition with a friend of who can get the highest score (normally I care about having fun).

2. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Lol @ anyone thinking enemy knights crouch in-game when being bouldered. I've almost never seen it, and it doesn't really change much because I'll just come back.
    Also, Klok, I consistently kill you with boulders and I don't see you use your own aforementioned strategy.

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Maybe because, just like how spikes are bullshit, boulders are also bullshit? I've already said that with the way builds are going and how they're all just a bunch of fun-ruining nerfs that boulders and spikes both need to be nerfed. That being said, I can catch boulders if I'm paying attention and see them coming. In fact I used that against a boulder dropper in a match recently and then threw the boulder right back at a guy.

Being able to catch boulders doesn't make them less over powered though. Boulders and spikes both need nerfs.

Nighthawk likes this.
  4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I agree with @Klokinator on this one. I've seen too many water-arrow/boulder spamming Archers with their cheap-ass instakill strategy and too many Builders who mine like five-thousand stone and sit in their towers dropping crap on everyone.

I vote to make dropped spikes shieldable and remove the stupid boulder instakill/instabreak from 2 feet away issue (which has been plaguing this game for far too long already). If that's too hard, remove boulders entirely. It's not like anyone uses them for their intended purpose anyway, which is firing out of catapults.

5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Maybe if you could only craft boulders from a catapult somehow...?

6. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

A little menu popup on catapults that allows one to craft a boulder for some stone and immediately have it ready to fire could probably be added relatively easily.

You'd have to change the nature of boulders, though, or people would make a catapult and then fire them 2 feet just to pick them up and use them the way they normally do. -_-

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

They could disintegrate after being fired from the catapult, no matter the distance.

And for the added convenience, they should probably cost 50 stone instead of 30-35.

8. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

this would be more sensibly if there was a poll

9. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Would it possible to detect friendly entities from enemy ones?
    For example, Take into account the way bombs work, They dont harm team-mates, but they do harm yourself and the opposing team. I think that this mechanic should go for boulders and spike dropping which would reduce the amount of team-killing.

Klokinator and kittycity like this.
  10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Can't now, only on thread creation :(

11. yellowwhy1

yellowwhy1 Catapult Fodder

I like this idea, halfway I like insta kill spikes. However I hate when it is used for team killing. I think falling spikes should not damage your own team, like spikes on stone

kittycity likes this.
Mods: Rainbows