1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Nerf / Remove Boulders

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by DooMAD, Sep 10, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

maybe they should be...?

2. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

no they aren't
    you are missing something
    we suggested making them a builder-only weapon and now we're discussing with Dargona because he thinks boulders are still op even in only builder hands
    and wants to nerf "boulder physics" (what the fuck is it dont ask me)

3. mea culpa then

yeah boulders are imho pretty stupid no matter what.
    boulder physics probably relates to the fact that they weigh as much as a chicken and instakill you from a 2 tiles height drop

Fernegulus likes this.
  4. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

First off I made the video to co exist within this list but I made it a seperate post.

- Then practice timing your slash and if you can't do that either A: go buy a bomb and then use the bomb or B: run back to a wall or a high point and curb stomp his face in!
    - I don't really get your sentence and explanation here im talking about if someone is running around high in a room wall jumping back and forth your not going to be able to boulder kill them.
    - If the archers fighting are cocky thats not the boulders fault also if they suck at aiming from afar they need to learn to take it easy and back off.
    - Not certain death for most archers and knights. Just just use common sense when you see a boulder.
    - Video is here! (just go to other post)
    - It does not take a couple minutes to learn how to rekt everyone with a boulder. I've been bouldering for a month about now and I still don't get positive kill death ratio scores.

5. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

yeah that seems like a legit nerf

their damage should be based more on their momentum. I mean vel veclen.

6. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

They don't weigh as much as a chicken and intakills from a 2-tile drop.
    They weigh a ton, sure, but it instakills pretty much immediately as it touches you, even if its less than a pixel-away.
    He's killed people when they are above, same as other people, so that means that in ALL directions, you can kill someone while only "tossing" it about a pixel away.
    Let's just stop.
    I don't want this thread to be locked because of flaming when it is an issue that should be fixed.
    And no, I am not admitting defeat, you are just thinking as someone with boulders, not as someone without them.
    Same with me as an archer. I know how Knights work, so I can avoid them. Just because you know how they "work" and no one is as close to your "skill" as it is right now, doesn't mean that they aren't OP.
    I mean, no other class has an instakill feature. Sure, you can miss with a boulder, but if you don't miss with an arrow or a jab, they don't instakill no matter what, with barely any way to avoid it in an open battlefield.

7. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Dargona1018 likes this.
  8. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

So have we come to the conclusion that boulders are strong but people will gradually learn to get used to them and avoid them? Like a disease?

9. No we havent come to a conclusion, Most of us believe a boulder nerf is in order

@Geti if you could voice your opinion and shut off this conversation please, its just become a flame war..

IMO boulders are pretty ridiculous and throwing boulders upwards or diagonally upwards is pretty ridiculous
    @dinotree you can keep complaining about how you think boulders are great and don't need a nerf but its only because you're the one using them, I can guarantee if you had it used on you constantly you would be in same world we're in

This thread has gone on long enough because everyone keeps repeating the same things

To be honest I dont think Geti is going to change it, but it would be pretty smart to all comments below this one are just going to be flaming likely

10. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

Firstly: I do realize most of you want a boulder nerf. Thats what this post is about I was just translating the way I saw darg's message.

And the way I came to use boulders is was because I was being killed by them one match by jig then everynow and then anon would murder me with one and I didn't rage my face off at them I instead got a boulder of my own. I have been in the same boat.

This boulder situation is just like a noobie playing kag for the first time "the knight class is so overpowered" right now your just a boulder noobie and you need to learn 2 dodge.

11. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

The boulder's original purpose was to be thrown off of towers or launched from catapults. I can't remember the last time I saw a boulder launched from a cata, and everyone would rather aim with a boulder from 1 or 2 blocks away rather than 20.

You can argue that it's easily dodged, or that you just have to slash at the right time (boulder slashing is only slightly easier than arrow slashing) all you want. But nothing can deny that wielding a human-sized-boulder that insta-kills faster than a sword, keg, bomb, arrows, or a collapse is just plain silly. It's just kind of annoying that a hunk of rock is more efficient at killing at melee range than a sword is... Are we de-evolving here?

Dargona1018 and Fernegulus like this.
  12. I'd say its pretty realistic, a guy with no shirt wielding a huge boulder SHOULD instakill ?

13. Well Anon is trying to prove a point to KAG about boulders as I remember he told me, and even he drops them on people, You keep mentioning Jigsaw, he does not abuse the living shit out of it like you do Dino, it's literally the most ridiculous thing in KAG

Dargona1018 and Auburn like this.
  14. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Well, trying to put realism in KAG would kill its playability.

15. This is my last point,
    Why does a builder need a knight?
    He's apparently supposed to be just as hostile as a knight and be able to
    Build as well, I don't know about that

I'm not gonna lie those boulders make you a one man army, it's a team game and now that Knights have it harder to take on a group a builder can just smash right through all of it. Doesn't matter if you have the chance to fail. If you get it down then its GG because no knight with just a sword can compete with a boulder lugging around a rock the size of himself

I'm surprised that some of you haven't seen this whole other side to the idea

Auburn likes this.
  16. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Merged into the existing thread. Geez, it was even called "nerf boulders" in the list, y u no read stickies?

Pizza likes this.
  17. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Because it was originally called "Remove Boulders" and now it is a nerf.
    Don't know why you would merge it, though, since these are two totally different conversations going on, and that will probably be the death of this thread, and such it'll never be fixed.

18. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I'm sure that it was nerf boulders before I put the new thread into the old one.

EDIT: Changed the title.

Pizza likes this.
  19. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Boulders need to be nerfed, the reason being is that you shouldn't be able to just walk up to people and EASILY one hit KO them without even trying. My idea is that you need to actually throw the boulder from a considerable height for it to kill people, right now its just ridiculously easy to kill 2-3 people with a boulder alone, i think that because so many people are complaining about it that it makes sense to nerf it x.x

Dargona1018 and Auburn like this.
  20. TBH might wanna lock this thread in a few hours someone is just going to shoot back again with the same reasons

Your choice tho @Galen

Mods: Rainbows