1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Nerf Shieldbash

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SuperTurdBoy, Nov 7, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. SuperTurdBoy

SuperTurdBoy Tree Planter

The shield bash is a little OP. I see some people skating away on their shields as 5 other people cant land a hit on them as they are being constantly stunned. Maybe we could add a little cool down on the shield bash or something?

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hell no, don't nerf it. You already can't attack, at ALL when bashing, that's a big enough nerf. By the time you land on the ground and start to do anything with your sword, the other guy is no longer stunned and is already retaliating.

If you don't like it, try using a shieldbash yourself, it's pretty easy.

3. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Can't call this a proper shield bash, it's more like head surfing and you become untouchable.

4. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Double slash counters it, hell it counters fucking everything.

5. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

cept maybe bombs, and kegs....

6. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Bottomless Pits....

7. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Drowning and Water bombs...

8. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Let me reiterate, nothing beats double slash. Nothing.

9. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Except single slash before is charged and-

Look, we can go on with this all day, or we could discuss the issue; No, I don't think it should be nerfed, its a jolly good time to be surfin' the battlefield, unscathed by everything... and I mean, how else would we catch those pesky Archers who're grapplin' away?

10. i agree its quite retarded when someone shields down and becomes invincible but i dont think you cant call it overpowered when its not the dominant part of combat

rip super shield bash from alpha

keyofdoor likes this.
  11. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I cri evry tyme. :QQ:

Man I wish we could just have a hybrid between the new shield and the old one.

12. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I still don't remember how old shield bash worked...gosh how long has it been? Was I even around for that? Or did I just never learn it?

Also the current face surfing is actually extremely annoying more than anything...and to me it just adds another thing in this game that can only be used well by the vets/pros(As great as it is that people can get skilled at this game, I do have issues with a mixed skilled community with such a large skill curve).
    Maybe I am just bitter from someone messing with me by infinitely stun comboing me with it once...

Maybe it just needs thrown in the pile of features in this game that needs looked at a little more as it seems to have just been thrown in at random?

13. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Basically you could jump off buildings and land on people, doing massive damage. You also could jump forward, while shielding to knock back enemies. Hop on Classic, play a few rounds of Sumo. You will get an understand for how great of a thing the sheild bash was.

14. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Oh yeah, I remember the downward shield bashing when I used to play classic, that was great. I just forgot about the forward shield bashing because I guess I didn't understand the game enough to know that was what was happening.

Mods: Rainbows