1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New classes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by One, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. fadeddeathkirby

fadeddeathkirby Shipwright

So I was reading the art booklet that came with the game the other day, and I noticed something that caught my eye. I saw a small picture of a builder that goes through different classes. You start off as a simple builder, and as you do more things such as gather enough material or what not, you gain a new class/item. So you can go from a simple migrant that can only make wooden structures, and then as you gain new classes, you can become a normal builder, a archer, and a warrior. The new builder can then create wood and stone structures but not certain items like platforms or trap blocks. As you gain more classes, you can either be a Better builder who is able to build everything, a juggernaut, better version of knight with no shield but a strong axe, a lancer, longer range sword and shield, a crossbowman, strong arrows and slow reload time, and a Longbow man, just like normal archer but reloads arrows faster. I think that if MM and Geti were to implement their ideas it could make the atmosphere of the game more diverse and challenging.

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Not going to happen. Consider KAG pretty much "done" at its current state.

3. Bint

Bint Haxor

This has been suggested tonnes before, someone will have to mod it.
    Also, is there any use in having a suggestions section anymore since the game is pretty much finished apart from bug fixes?? Maybe it could be moved to the modding section.

Edit: Ninja'd

4. fadeddeathkirby

fadeddeathkirby Shipwright

It's too bad that the game is almost done. It is way to similar to the first version. I know they added a lot to it compared to the old version, but I wanted things that would make this game more unique compared to the first version. Alas, I must accept that it shall not.

5. Graver

Graver Haxor

No, no and no! New classes will make other game...

6. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

in my opinion, classes wont be necessarry, if they added an offical armory, like skinneys mod, so they just need to swich weapon, and not a new class

7. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Iw would be good if they kinda added new classes e.g:
    1. Assassin: uses throwing knives and a posined knife and can climb at will
    2. Barbarian: Massive axe
    3. Thief: uses a short sword with no charge but a block ability and a slingshot.

8. SamuraiCupcake

SamuraiCupcake Builder Stabber

When I think back of playing classic KAG, always thought of a class of ''Demoman''. His specialty would be explosives! He could drop mines everywhere, plant kegs at the enemies walls and would specialize in throwing bombs. WELL GUESS WHAT, WE GOT A NEW CLASS :D! Its just not in the form of a traditional ''class''. Its a lot more accessible and less complicated this way.

I think KAG's trifecta of classes is just a base, and the perfect base imo. Just like a good yummy sandwich : you got your bread (worker), your ham (knight), and your veggies (archer). Add too much and your sandwich just falls apart! :(

What you can do easily though is put lotsa tasty spices and condiments, like some grappling hook for archer and VOILĂ€ : ninja skills unlocked. Just buy a drill and KABAM : you're a mole.

Kramgnauh, Sir_Walter and EhRa like this.
  9. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

This was not intended as a new classes suggestion thread, and since my original question was answered a long time ago this thread should be locked.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Done. Maybe in KAG2 The Redeadening ULTRA REMIX or something.

bout, NinjaCell, Aeroblitzer and 4 others like this.
  11. Baron_von_Fluffy

Baron_von_Fluffy Catapult Fodder

okay, so I read the sticky and more classes was suggested but too vague and only other classes I saw suggested were wizard so...

PIKEMEN!

They wkuld be a great addition for ctf and tth for many reasons. For those who don't know, a pikeman is an armored defensive soldier with a long blade on a stick. An upgraded spearman, but a loong spear.

Pike pros: Long reach, two heart damage and stun perhaps knockback, four hearts
    Pike cons: Can't use any knigt equip., they are defensive. Slow attack. no shield.

Obviously there are many gameplay advantages and disadvantages for pikemen and they would make defence a whole new dimension. Protecting walls, archers, and builders with more than just ten knights double power slashing all the time. People thinking twice before kegging and sliding all over walls, thinking twice before knights poke their way thru wood and dirt barricades.

Constructive criticism?

12. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

@Baron_von_Fluffy, merged your thread with the one for new classes. Please read the stickies next time.

Pizza likes this.
  13. Baron_von_Fluffy

Baron_von_Fluffy Catapult Fodder

I did read them and this thread but didn't feel it did a specific suggestion any justice considering the content and direction.of this one, but whatevs. osorry
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 22, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 22, 2014 ---
    more.of me misunderstanding.this thread lol(see Ones comment above mine)

14. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

15. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

That's not really a class. That's an animal.

J-man2003 and BlueLuigi like this.
  16. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

I like the idea of pikemen but the hole knockback ideas a bit much although when an enemy goes straight into the blade e.g falling onto it or just charging at you and contact the BLADE they take 2 damage and stun but does not occur when the pikemen attacks only when the enemy goes into it this makes him more defensive as he will have to hold ground and hold his spear/pike ...

The object PIKE can also add a new element to the game ,as it could be used to propel your self over walls etc but has a ONE TIME USE then after it breaks (archers cannot use this and other classes except the pikemen can use it to attack )(pike can also go on the backs of people like kegs do) if a pikeman had to do it he would lose the pike and gain a sword with slash and everything but no shield .

The cost for a pike could be 100 wood and 50 stone

And if people get smart they would start to make clever formation like a knight with his shield and the pikemen would go pro in battel.

17. bout

bout Shark Slayer

#learn2melee
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 7, 2014 ---
    blob.png

And I would really like to see lanceman from art booklet in game, even if it's modded.

18. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

First let me say that where will you fit this on a map it would be better to introduce horses first then this ,plus elephants would be a pain in da ass on the map when you have this huge thing trolling around stamping , shooting ,stabing and breaking blocks is a bit over powered , and what if a griefer got hold of it ?

i think the idea of horses should be added first to see how it would work out and even for that new maps will have to be made to have them actually work correctly

its not a bad idea its just needs to be thought out more
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2014 ---
    Does anyone know what the kag team uses to make images for kag?

19. bout

bout Shark Slayer

KAG =/= Minecraft
    KAG > Minecraft

20. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

It's what must be done. Everyone is always going, "Archer is support! Archer is supposed to be practically useless unless mastered" and others are going, "Knights are supposed to be able to instantly kill anything that's not a knight that gets too close to it! Of course they can climb up the towers! Do you see how nimble they are?" But I digress. We need a REAL support class so that archers can actually get a buff of some sort. I present to you... the one... the only... *Drumroll*... the BARD!!! Not going to suggest stats because there are meanies on these forums that hate any type of control over the game, but I do want to say a bit about how I think it would function. I feel the bard would use 2 of the main instruments that were used around the time of King Arthur: The flute and the harp. The flute would probably be the secondary and be used for some type of buff. The harp would be the main button and would do some form of an attack and maybe a small buff. The utility might be like a random AoE buff with a cooldown. Just my thoughts on it. They probably wouldn't have a shop, but if they did it would probably sell one time upgrade uses to the harp similar to the archer's extra arrows. That's just my opinion, but this game needs a new class to stop the archer/knight controversy and who better than a bard?

Aeroblitzer likes this.
Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.