1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New form of greifing - Flag stealing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Noc, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

I agree with Rayne agreeing with Noc, this is a dumb feature. However you can see it in one way that is a noob taking a flag from a good player or you can see it as a good player taking it from a noob player. I would think it can also be stolen accidentally which can get all sorts of angers raised.

So if you ask me, what should we do then?
    Buy Gold

2. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Hmmm, This is bad feature!... i think it destroys the game... If someone isn't capping, then an admin can go and ask them to cap (politely) and of course... they should. But if someone takes the flag... it is much harder to solve... the admin can still ask, but they won't know whats hapening half the time.... Also, When a admin isn;'t there, not capping isn't too bad, the players will ask, and usually the guy will give in... It's just sometimes people like gloating (i do too), but if some flag steals... that is like way off the charts compared to not capping, Cons outweighs the pros, if anyone else can bring another pro..... then i will discuss more :D MOAR!

3. justi01

justi01 Haxor

If the flag carrier isn't willing to cap the flag, a smart admin would kick him for a minuite. This way he'll drop the flag for other team mates to pick up and he can rejoin afterwards without any punishments.

PumpkingSlice likes this.
  4. PumpkingSlice

PumpkingSlice Base Burner

A smart player would see Justi and drop it instantly.

justi01 likes this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah not sold on this, not sure why the change was made.
    Got a feeling someone's dad being wait played a part.

sj67, Rayne, superblackcat and 6 others like this.
  6. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

Wait wait wait, theres flag passing now? Can you still throw flags?

Is it still possible for me to crowd surf enemy knights, squirm through a crack in the wall bash my way through gaurdsboost into the flag room steal the flag then sprint back as fast as I can then javelin the flag over the wall whilst being stabbed in the back by 5 swords?

7. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Well look on the bright side guys.

. . .

Okay, I hate this too.

8. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Man, this keeps happening in every game I play, the red team keeps griefing the blue teams flag!

Sorry had to do it...

9. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

The red team griefs blue flag?
    Isn't that... supposed to be?

10. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

What no, you are supposed to see who can build the coolest tower, how have you been playing?

Ej likes this.
  11. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

But the point of CTF is to "grief" the enemy in order to get the flag...?

12. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

This is a form of griefing older than time itself. Haven't you guys ever played a Capture the Flag game other than this?