1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[New GameMode] EPIC kag classice

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by UltraMarine_Val, Jun 9, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

In this gamemode, we take all the elements from Classic and we add the workshops and the water physics from Beta. We keep tents, the way to create shops, blocks, coins, the classes, sharks and the trees.
    Isn't it a good idea ? ;)

Thanks Lieber for the Correction

GreenRock, hans_02 and rocker2 like this.
  2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I have no idea if it's good because I can't understand what you're saying.

If you mean merging Classic and Beta together than yes, it can be a good idea.

Canadian98 likes this.
  3. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

From what I read, didn't you JUST describe Beta in it's entirety?

4. UltraMarine_Val

1. FUN Servers

just i need a good french traductor please
    Me idea is good but me english is bad

5. Sarkalest

Sarkalest Shark Slayer

I think he meant that he wants to merge the BETA into the Classic or something like that

6. UltraMarine_Val

1. FUN Servers

Yes but is just on the beta

7. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I feel like if this is in the wrong section. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is an idea for a mod, and not the vanilla game itself, right?

8. UltraMarine_Val

1. FUN Servers

No, is a gamemode idea for the beta

9. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Alright. I was a bit confused so that's why I asked.

10. lomichelotti

lomichelotti Shark Slayer

u mean something like that ?:::
    Beta classic mode.png

11. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Was looking through the already proposed thread list and found this gem. It doesn't have much description to it, as he says English isn't his first language. So, if I may, expand the topic with more description to it.

From the basic idea of what the OP is trying to say is to return some of the key elements of KAG Classic to the current version while retaining some of the newer aspects like water physics as a new gamemode.

I particularly love this idea since I still play Classic, but whenever I do, I miss a lot of the new features that have been added to the game. Kegs particularity. Plus, adding a gamemode would satisfy other Classy Classic players, such as myself.

Which aspects that should be re-added or removed should be the primary focus of these suggestions.

Idea 1:

I think really the only difference in this mode should be the class mechanics. From gravity to attack damage, all aspects should be replaced with the old.

Everything else, such as siege weapons, arrows, bombs, and such should not be touched.

Idea 2:

Simply make the gamemode Classic CTF. Nothing changes besides having a life counter for each team. After X amount of your team dies, you cannot respawn. Such was how Classic CTF was played. This would allow for quicker games for the players who don't have time to play full length games.

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

^I actually disagree. If there was a classic CTF mode added, I'd like to keep the NEW game mechanics and simply swap out workshops with their functionality in classic, then add ticket counters. I think it was Monsteri who had a better idea for ticket counters though, or maybe it was Vidar.

Edit: Also have carryable outposts. Man, I fucking miss outposts.

13. Saigon

Saigon Builder Stabber

Yeah, changing the classes themselves in a certain gamemode like that wouldn't work; the tickets however would work just fine I guess

14. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Yeah. I like my second idea better. Keep everything from the current game, but re-add the ticket counter as you all calm them.

15. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I do like the idea of the tickets in the sense that they penalize dying, and would hopefully discourage repeatedly walking into a blender, as there would now be consequences for death again. That said, there is still the problem of the unskilled players being a drag on their team in the sense that they eat up all the tickets, inciting rage from some more skilled, but less patient players on their team. I think it would be a good idea to consider this aspect in any potential solution so that both veterans and newbies can have fun together on the same team.

For example, just an early idea: what about keeping a death counter for each player or something, and keep increasing their spawn countdown in addition to using tickets. So, poor players that die a lot will end up eating less tickets, and hopefully think twice before repeatedly running to their death without support, since they'd be sitting in the penalty box for so long if they did.

Saigon likes this.
  16. Saigon

Saigon Builder Stabber

Yeah, that could work quite well! And then a little message "Be a bit more careful, you're draining your team's tickets!"

17. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

In the end you would have to choose which version is going to have more of its features implemented if you have a bad mixture the way the advancement and retreat work overall would be shit.

Mods: Rainbows