1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New Release = More Griefers/Idiots?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nighthawk, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Guest

The new release...

If I had to describe it in a word, it would have to be "Awesome."
    And I'm sure all of you feel the same.

HOWEVER, this new release has not just released cool things that make KAG more fun.
    It has allowed griefers to thrive.

There are THREE more things that griefers can do to be a pain to their team.

1) Smash outposts - This is extremely easy to do. Just take a knight, hold a bomb near your team's outpost, and boom. It's history. This easily gives the other team an advantage, since outposts are basically expansions of territory. It's as if one griefer can sell off a team's territory with a single bomb.

2)Smash building supports - This is a bit harder, but works the same way. A Knight or Builder could easily deconstruct their own team's defensive structures, with either bombs, or just by hacking away by hand. I have accidentally smashed my own team's outpost simply because there were not enough supports.

3) Lay spikes freaking everywhere - The most annoying of the three. All a builder has to do is mine thick stone about 4 times, and they can lay a virtual minefield of death... to both teams. This is a huge problem, since it is much easier to place spikes than it is to deconstruct a well-built fortress. It's just too easy. That's the problem.

Now... these are griefer issues. Some of the other issues involve ignorant players. I've met several people on the servers that seem to have no idea what they're doing. Some of them break doors just because they need materials. Some of them build in horribly bad places. And a lot of them... yes. They put spikes everywhere.

A lot of the time this is simply because they really ARE ignorant. Heck, some players could be 6 years old and we wouldn't know about it! And how are you supposed to explain that spikes-kill-our-team-and-you to a six year old??

It's not easy. And it makes the game hard for all of us who do know what we're doing, because we're wasting time explaining the obvious rules of how things work in the game to people who don't even care.

And then, when you deconstruct that fool's horribly placed building, they attempt to kick you for "griefing our own team's buildings."

And sometimes, it works.

These are the kinds of things that make the game worse instead of better. And they need to be stopped.

The griefers are very hard to stop, since they are dead-set on making the game hell for everyone.

However, the ignorance can be fixed. All the game needs is a simple tutorial that you MUST pass in order to start playing online. This tutorial should go over everything you need to know about the game, and it should DEFINITELY have a final exam. This ensures that, if you cannot read well, (not old enough) you will not be able to screw around in online play.

That is my contribution to the enhancement of KAG's gameplay. Thank you for reading.

-Nighthawk

2. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

Ok I can solve these problems atleast one for now

When someone builds the team can't destroy it because it was built by there team
    the other team can destroy it.
    Maybe a panel to control it

3. medge

medge Guest

4. Quimbo

Quimbo Guest

Definitely a LOT more griefers.
    Also it seems that votes are bugged. In earlier versions, griefers were voted out regularly and it was a minor problem. Now virtually every kick vote fails.

- Bombs shouldn't hurt buildings of the own team
    - Spikes should hurt own teammembers, in turn they should cost a lot more and spikes should get a reduction in durability each time they hurt someone and finally break

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

...and this is why we need clans hahaha.

6. Hal

Hal Guest

Absolutely not!

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think that buildings not hurting teammates doesn't really make sense. And what decides what building belongs to another?

But really I think I die more to my teammate's action than to the enemy.

8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

If you go into the build 67 discussion topic I posted an idea which would allow for buildings to have clear ownership, which may stop bomb griefers in their tracks.

9. em312s0n

em312s0n Guest

what i hate most are the fuckin minecrafters they play the game and just be builders all the time and they turtle in the base building unnecessarily large towers and put spikes every entrance they see

what they dont understand is by putting spikes early in the game they cripple their team's ability to advance and fortify a position because most people would be going to the front line with one less heart or worse they die right off the bat

10. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

About the exam, the issue with that is someone who speaks a different language. As for the tutorial it is a nice idea, maybe have the exam just be a round that you have to win with a team of AI bots? (Then of course AI bots are introduced and the possibility of servers with fake player counts...) Oh and then we can get single player scrimmages! Here ye netbook I will use you to play KAG!

11. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Guest

Eh, bots can always be made not to show on the total playercount, and instead on the side.

12. Vania

Vania Guest

Its not that there are more griefers, its just that griefing got a lot easier.

I love the new features and I know the devs are working on new exciting ones...
    But right now I feel the game is unplayable, I have yet to play one round that is not ruined by some idiot griefer.

Thinking of ways to deal with this problem should be the dev's top priority right now,
    otherwise I doubt any serious players will be staying, at least not to play public matches.

13. Quimbo

Quimbo Guest

That... I decided to stop playing until the game isn't a heaven for griefers anymore.
    Votes, which are supposed to be THE tool against griefers, succeed exactly 0%.

Even got laughed at by a griefer when I started a vote, after which he proceeded to destroy our base.

14. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

I really have not noticed this OH GOD GAME RUINED BY GRIEFERS phenomenon.
    There have been one or two instances of stupidity, but besides that, not much. Make sure you're playing on a server with a moderator around and it should be good.

15. Vania

Vania Guest

"Make sure you're playing on a server with a moderator around and it should be good."

How do you know which ones have moderators? I didnt know there were moderators, please recommend me a server.

16. Zenrix

Zenrix Guest

Yeah, how do we tell if someone is a mod or not?

17. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

I just don't like how a builder's hard work goes to waste when the round ends.

I mean it's like "Hey, check out this cool castle we just ma-"
    "Blue team wins the Game (Because Red is a team of weakling babies that never win)"

18. Aquillion

Aquillion Guest

That would lead to another kind of griefing, where people would build now-indestructible walls to annoy and trap their teammates.

Honestly, KaG is always going to be very griefable just by its nature. What we need are user accounts and better ways of dealing with griefers.

19. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Rcon players (the one you call moderators) have "x" next to their name.

20. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

There is never one around...Do i need to beg people to let someone on server whit rcon pass so he can kick?I would do that job 4 everyone!My server is having problems(i mean i have them whit figuring what is wrong!)but i can try to help others to enjoy more in game!
    Make spikes as Quimbo said and make them possible ONLY on stone blocks!So you need to make stone block and make spike on it that cost a LOT! 1 spike = 5 gold and 20 stone! lol.i can only dream...
    If i get my server to work,i would like to make a lock on it and send pass to people who i know and i know they will play as the game need to be played!
    Clans would help in my opinion if there are some stats that you can look at,about a player that want to join!
    This way anyone can join a clan and start making sh**
    Please devs,try to make that registration thing so we could finally start to play at least a beat better...
    We dont ask you to make new characters,weapons,tools first,wee ask you to make better gameplay :)