1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New "vehicle": rafts

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by swagbot, Jul 31, 2015.

?

Would you like to see this raft or a version of it added?

1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

21.4%
  3. Wtf are you talking about

28.6%
  4. GetiplsgivemeadmininofficialTDM

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

The raft would be constructed like other vehicles (contained within a crate) and a relatively cheap wooden structure that floats on water, 1 block high (either resting on the block just above the water, or on the water block top layer [probably the former so that it's more succeptible to fire]) and about 5 blocks long. It would move slightly by bomb explosions and moreso by vehicles. The idea is to provide an alternative to boats for bridging gaps in an ocean/lake, and to provide an easy staging post for the creation of outposts in lakes/oceans. It would be succeptible to fire, and maybe only deployable in water. The only downside I see to them is causing congestion for boats in bodies of water, but that could prove to be a fun counter tactic to war boats.

Why not just use wood to create a platform in the body of water?
    It can be tedious to swim down in the water to create backwall collumns to the surface in order to do that. At least with an existing platform it can be easier for your teammates to defend a builder trying to create the collumns for building a water outpost. Plus, when a map devolves into an ocean deathpit, it's beyond annoying to combat enemies in water. Atleast with a platform/raft you can have less cancerous combat.

Maybe the raft could even be stationary (not able to be moved by bombs or boats, but still damaged by them) and instead when deployed is the normal wooden blocks, so you can build your outpost from the raft without having to create backwall collumns (but the structure will collapse when the raft is destroyed if it's not supported by backwalls connecting to the ocean backwalls).

Any input is appreciated.

PalladiumGirl and wilpin7 like this.
  2. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

All that needs to be said, water combat is arguably the worst aspect of KAG and this could make it slightly better, also dingys are stupid.

J-man2003 and swagbot like this.
  3. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

I think it stands a chance of improving boat combat as well. It's not all that exciting to be zooming across an ocean in a warboat full of teammates only to slam into an enemy warboat zooming across the ocean that's full of enemies- slamming into each other until one boat breaks. It'd be much more fun to rock up to a raft/platform in the ocean and unload the boat and engage in combat on the platform itself instead of slamming two boats together and leaving one team stranded...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    wilpin7 likes this.
  4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I would honestly just like to see buffs of water vehicles to make them more versatile (same with siege vehicles) such as boats being able to break blocks they run into.

Boats in TTH are surprisingly useful, you just need to spam a bunch of longboats and ram into the other team's walls. I once won a round by doing that.

Maybe other things like dinghies being able to ram enemies and so on.

I don't think there should be a raft though, it seems like it would just be another novelty item like buckets.

5. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

They can already do that...

Buckets have their place in gameplay. Just because most players decide not to use them doesn't make them a novelty.

J-man2003 likes this.
  6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

They can if they run into it at a high velocity, but if they are trudging along then they won't break blocks, which is annoying. Instead of having to get a head start by charging, the boat should just have enough velocity from X amount of players rowing. Imagine all the times you were in a war ship with your team and then you got stopped by blocks in the way of your ship, natural ones at that. This idea would make that better, and it would be fine in terms of balancing with player built structures since they are water only.

Buckets are near useless, if they had an extremely large radius then they would be way more useful.

7. PalladiumGirl

PalladiumGirl Catapult Fodder

Yea, buckets are useless. People just extinguish with water arrows and bombs.
    And it cannot even cool a drill.

8. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Hmm? Buckets CAN cool drills.

J-man2003 likes this.
  9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

It's the fact that buckets are more inconvenient than water arrows/bombs because they are more time intensive and offer less, they also have a shorter range.

If they had a way larger explosion then they might be more useful.

Anyways back to rafts, again boats are really only useful in cancerous maps with little to no land, which makes them kind of an odd gameplay element. I honestly think boats just need raw buffs in terms of strength. Maybe have the part of the boat that's underwater to be the same size/about the same size as the above water counterpart. This would be not only realistic but a good balancing element to help with players who try to go under boats, thus avoiding be rammed very easily and usually bombing the boat.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

*steals this thread* an entertaining idea would be to purchase water refills,for buckets, at probally the inn shop.(fyi water buckets do cool drills but noobs are dumb)

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

As powerful as ramming is vs persons, i don't think ships should be lowered in water. I DO think ship vs ship ramming should be changed (right now both ships just stop dead, with no damage, no consideration for stronger boat/higher speed etc), that would make boat combat much more awesome.

Anyway, rafts already exist but aren't used because they're OP stomping tools (like an oversized, overpowered boulder). You can check this by running localhost.bat , opening console (HOME key), typing "/sv_test 1" and typing "!raft" in chat.

12. PalladiumGirl

PalladiumGirl Catapult Fodder

im sorry
    the last time and only time I purchased a bucket and used it on a drill, it didnt do jack shit
    I didnt purchase or let alone even seen buckets since then
    it was fall 2013 i think, cant quite recall

J-man2003 likes this.
Mods: Rainbows