1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie hoster - Help?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Headward7, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Headward7

Headward7 Catapult Fodder

Hi All, I have a Windows server up and running for LAN games, and people have been joining from the interwebs. I'm wanting to make a more interesting game but can't find any documentation or resources that actually work. What forum should I post in to get answer to the following types of questions:
    1. How do I add bots? (AddBot just breaks the game)
    2. How do I run commands on the server (\rcon doesn't work, but I'm on the same box as the server - is there some way into a server console? someone mentioned an admin menu?)
    3. Do I possibly want KAG classic isntead of KAG release?
    4. What I'd really like is a bunch of bots defending a pre-made castle, or humans defending a castle that bots attack. Feel like it shouldn't need a major mod - just a map editor and a starting script?
    5. How can I find people wanting to create/play similar types of games?
    thanks in advance!

2. Headward7

Headward7 Catapult Fodder

OK, I found a Zombie Mode Plus (ZFM+1.6.6a) which is pretty much what I was hoping KAG would be like! Couple glitches but it seems playable with latest version of KAG. cool! any suggestions for easily configurable similar humans-vs-bots mods much appreciated

3. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

https://forum.thd.vg/forums/server-help.98/ would be the correct forum (can some mod do it? I'm on mobile atm)
    • The vanilla bots are terrible and you wont have much fun fighting them, sorry. A zombies mod (there's a few going with different gameplay to each of them) will likely be the closest you get.
    • You can use rcon after using /login with the rcon password, or if you have the correct seclevs set up - check in the topic i posted for how to get seclevs working.

toffie0 likes this.
  5. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Try looking at this : https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Server#Security_Levels

For an example in Superadmin.cfg you have written:

name = Super Admin
    users = Exa1;
    roles = rcon;
    commands = ALL;
    features = admin_color; always_change_team; ban_immunity; editor; freeze_immunity; join_full; kick_immunity; map_vote; mark_any_team; mark_player; name_mouseover; pingkick_immunity; silent_rcon; skip_votewait; spectator; view_collapses; view_console; view_rcon;
    assign = admin; vip; normal; premium;

To do admin command you use the rcon by pressing the home button. For a full list of admin commands type /help however the main ones are /rcon /ban UsernameHere 1440 (the 1440 being the minutes. to ban forever do -1. )

Another useful one is /rcon /listbans showing you all the banned players on the server and how long.

There is an rcon command that adds bots, which I can't remember. May be /rcon /addbot but not too sure. F3 and F2 allows you to freeze and pressing esc admin gives you a variety of options to.

Kag release has more you can do with the game and a lot more players play it, so you definetly got the right one :)

https://forum.thd.vg/forums/servers/ Is a good way to get publicity for your servers, however, I think most just join, particularly if it's in their area.

You've already found the mods area where you can share mods with others / download mods or textures.

Hope that helps a little!

epsilon and Geti like this.