1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Next Build Changes (most likely 1570something)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: traps/bridges it would be best to move the discussion to its own thread imo, to stay relevant between builds. Whoever takes the honour please do link here for continuities sake though. I'm really on the fence about the whole thing - I honestly don't like the vertical access aspects of the "new" trap blocks (and the trap bridges in classic), but I hate the team-trap aspects of the "old" ones.

Re: "boo knights nerfed" - good knights aim their bombs anyway. Bombs have always been an issue for archers getting onto the battlefield and supporting their team's knights and builders, and this should help fight against defensive bomb spamming (bane of finishing games everywhere). Also, some time soon I'll be trying to improve the shield angle mechanics (properly preventing "paper shield" angles).

Re: "beta" - would an announcement here (rather than on the blog/facebook/twitter) suffice? I don't want to waste potential media and new-fan interaction time on literally clarifying semantics.

PanduhsFTW, Blue_Tiger, Mazey and 4 others like this.
  2. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I'm pretty sure just an announcement on the forums would do. Just having it "officially" stated in a post would probably work out. I'm mean I haven't seen it stated anywhere but when people bring it up when someone says KAG Beta.

makmoud98 likes this.
  3. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

yea it doesnt have to be on the thd.vg site, just the forums

_Cuffs_ likes this.
  4. BucketEmpty

BucketEmpty Horde Gibber

Lol @ "scumbag archers"

Regarding bombs it would be cool to make some changes to the knights shield as well. For instance! - In close close quarter combat as an archer I have jumped to the right side of a knight and he has thrown his bomb to the left a very tiny bit, his shield is guarding to the left, I still die.

I just think the knight's shield should have protected me in this case, like how cool is that, I tried to use the other knight's shield to my advantage. Idk, just a thought from a fellow scumbag archer

Tormbonio likes this.
  5. archers are already going to be VERY strong in range with the bomb nerf, you want to dominate close range vs the melee class even when they have a bomb?

6. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

yes

daskew87 likes this.
  7. BucketEmpty

BucketEmpty Horde Gibber

Lol good one 25252525

8. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Can you revert the door nerf in water til you fix objects being affected in your hands(or just fix objects being affected in your hand because it is very irritating to have to reselect doors when you get in water and the door, in your hands, start breaking)

9. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Maybe I'll do that fix while I'm working on the other fixes...

PUNK123 likes this.
  10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I don't see people talking about the stomp, while, somehow, during the last builds a knight just jumping from 1 tile above you can stomp, stun you and slash you. That's part of the paper shield problem, not only slash upwards vs shield downwards is problematic (means a sure hit, as you can't make a perfect down shield if feet on ground) and shield vs non horizontal jab does not usually stun the jabber.

I see the first case happens too often, that a player that charges a slash stuns you by jumping on you. I can't tell how hateful it would be, but the stomp should be more dynamic, perhaps: unless you press Down while trying to stomp you won't. That'd make jumping around enemies easier as not everybody would stomp-stun accidentally.

11. Blue_Tiger

I disagree, it would remove a lot of the skill in playing knight because people would be less willing to get the high ground, and it would just become a slash-fest.

Although I would like to see the ability to negate the stomp effects when shielding upwards removed. I can jump from a mountain, land on a knight and do nothing to him, and then get immediately jabbed to death.

kodysch, NinjaCell and makmoud98 like this.
  12. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

If the skill for the knight is located in the ability of gaining higher ground to be able to stomp we're fucked up, and, heh, the game is already a slash fest, much more than a jab-fest :wink:.

You can't always counter a jumping knight (not from +5 tiles above but jumping from 1 tile higher than you) by just shielding. Basically the slight slash boost makes the knight able to stomp from relatively short distances, and that's not so good imo.

13. Blue_Tiger

I was mainly talking about when I play archer and try to stomp a knight. Sorry I was unclear :P.

daskew87 likes this.
  14. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Curently both highground and lowground have certain advantages. Highground can stomp the knight under but lowground or knights in general have longer "range" when slashing upwards than slashes pointing down. So knight under can slash the knight above before he stomps him. Now there are several posible outcomes here:
    First: if knight from above decides to slash late, meaning he will charge his slash as he falls, he will be beaten by the knight below (if knight belove slashes up) or he will deal 2-4 depending on the hight. (if knight below doesnt time his slash properly or holds his shield)
    Second: if knight from above decides to slash early ,meaning he is slashing as he falls, he will beat any slashing enemy below with speed he has from gravity and early timing. The bad part about slashing early is when knight below sidesteps and falling knight hits the ground, there is higher chance that he will get stunned upon landing. Also it deals less damage when landing on shields than late slash does. Overall it sounds prrety balanced to me. Sorry for my bad english

15. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

On my view, stomping have both good and bad sides - first, even if you will manage to slash knight stomping u, you will still probably get damage from him falling on you(so countering stomp without damage is almost impossible). Second, the stomping is risky - you would miss, fall on his sword, get suddenly bombed - in all this situations you are stunned, and are in 1-2 blocks far from enemy - good enemy will instanly finish you.
    Slashing+ stomping requires charging time for good result, for this time you would dodge, prepare to fight off or hide in (under something uppper you/ after wall/doors).
    Stomping seems balanced, as good knights will use it properly and get good result, while knight with bad skills will just miss or will not get any result. The better is skill of stomper, the better is the result - this means its pretty balanced and not at all OP, because can be countered with multiple ways. Game where skill plays role will be always be seeming disbalanced to the players with bad skill

16. 8x

There was this bug I always forget to tell you. When a corpse decays, everything he has in the backpack dissappears, even the gold.

17. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

geti knows about this one

18. whisper_dan

whisper_dan Ballista Bolt Thrower

A KAG bomb in its current state would have killed all 4 of these people.

Except the builder in the blue pants.

Really silly for just 25 gold. Not to mention a bomb grants the ability to fly over people and buildings like superman which is a huge smack in the face for builders who choose to build above ground rather than just tunnel like a molerat, and archers who are supposed to believe that their advantage is range.

Hopefully this change will also affect bomb jump distance.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    BucketEmpty likes this.
  19. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

I would imagine that bomb-jumping would be more difficult to do. There would be a smaller area for knights to propel themselves from the bomb explosion, literally meaning less room for mistakes

20. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Actually, its a fine idea, the bombspam will be less effective and it will be much more dangerous for spammer.
    Actually, the idea about increasing bomb cost is a fine idea.
    The CTF is a money generator, and getting 100 money on 4 bombs for less then a minute is really easy.
    Increasing price would stop noobs from getting too much bombs, spam em and get more bombs = no more bombspam
    For skilled knights getting more money is not a problem, still they would buy kegs instead of bombs, but this is other shit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.