1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Night background

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by HA1TER, Sep 14, 2011.

1. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

So,after i made the night background i tought it was cool.But i missed the original Kag backgrounds cause they are amazing.So i decided to edit them a bit to make them more appropriate for the "night mood".You can see really dark spost on some places where the light is not reaching,and some that are directly exposed to moon light.I hope that you guys will like it!And i hope that devs dont mind that i re-worked them!Thx for reading!
    EDIT: pixelated the moon

INSTALL:
    Extract all 4 images to your KAG/Base/Sprites/Back folder and replace them whit original files that you backed-up!
    Zip is at botom of the post!

Preview:
    screen-11-09-17-10-03-49.png screen-11-09-17-10-04-24.png

OLD:
    BackgroundCastle.png
    Place it to your KAG/Base/Sprites/Base folder

Attached Files:

Shadreki, MadDog, VanHuek and 15 others like this.
  2. VadimRus

VadimRus Shipwright

Wow. Very nice! It's very cool when you play in the evening or at night :) Thanks!

3. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

thx,need to work more on it,make it less real...I will update picture when i finish.

4. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Looking good indeed. If you're planning on updating, do not discard the current image please :)

5. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

Yes please don't I'm sure some of us will at least like this version better.

As for the pic itself, very good work, I can't convince myself to go back to the old one for any reason. Though I'm a sucker for anything to do with space :D

6. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Hey, that looks very nice. It totally changes the atmosphere.

7. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Very,VERY good!!!

8. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

So,i said i will edit and try to make it better:) I hope you like this updated versione more!Cause it has original backgrounds in the back!

9. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

10. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Thx.Dont know why,but after not playng KAG for 2-3 hours,the game updated itself and the background changed.Some hotfixes?I hoe it will not do it all the time due to size difference etc.​

11. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

It most certainly will as it hashes everything and compares it to the original hashes. If it spots a difference, updates/overwrites the existing file.

P.S. That's how I understand updating works, I could be wrong as I'm writing this based on intuition rather than knowledge..

12. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

The moon. Pixelize it and this will be the best.

13. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

Nice!

14. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Pixelated the moon now.Game did not update anymore after yesterday...

15. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

nice job :O

16. dgellow

dgellow Shipwright

Awesome !
    I will use it on my server !

Thanks HA1TER.

17. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

I like this a lot. Would be cool to see what the moon looks like in the KAG universe according to the devs.
    It's amazing how changing the background makes everything else look like night as well though.

I think it's a client side thing, like texture packs. Other people can't see the change.

18. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Yep,only people whit modified background can see it.Maybe one day it will happen,but we need to wait.
    For now,after every update you need to swap the files to keep the background in-game.
    I am working on couple of new backgrounds.Should be interesting to see them.
    After they implement day/night cycle you will not need this,but for now it is the only way.

19. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Wow, thanks!

20. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Np :D I must finish other backgrounds,but i am on vacation now so it will wait couple more days...