1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

No limits on bombs and arrows

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by copper40, Aug 1, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

One thing that caught my attention is that players can hog all the fire, water, and bomb arrows they want. Can we delete the limits on siege weaponry, arrows, bombs, and mounted bows?

2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

That would lead to excessive spam of said items; that'd probably ruin the whole game. I doubt that's a good idea.

3. copper40

Hmm, you're right on that topic. Maybe we could try raising the limits?

4. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

That about making it so you have to manual get more bombs and arrows. The biggest cause of people hoarding is they walk past the factory and automatically get a shit ton of stuff.

5. copper40

See, that's the problem. I don't know what we're going to do about it and I'm out of ideas.

6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think this is an actual problem as I frequently take all the bombs for myself leaving nothing to my teammates. Perhaps that so long as a military supply exists all players are guaranteed one bomb or one pile of arrows?

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

How about this for an idea:
    Cut down research time required for certain things like consumables to let's say, 1/3rd of what is is now. However require there to be an initial cache of supplies built up before they are distributed on spawn. This would not apply things like WarBoats, Ballistas, Catapults and such, just consumables like Satchels, Arrows, Bombs, Bomb Arrows and etc.

The size of the cache before distributing must at minimum be = # of players on your team. Once this cache is built up, there really shouldn't be a supply problem because you only receive your class's items on spawn. This means that if there were 10 people on your team, 10 bomb arrows would have to be built before being redistributed. If your team has 3 archers, they'd each only get 1 with 7 remaining in cache. While you go out and fight, the cache will continue increasing until it's reaches the max cap. If the cache every reaches 0, then it restarts this cycle until there are 10 again.
    Now, let's say that your team size is 10 and everyone already has their equipment. Addtionally, the cache has more than 10 of the same item. You'd then be able to get any of the items from storage if the quantity in cache is > 10. So if you wanted to take 2 fire arrows with you, you could as long as there are more there are 11+ in storage.

I guess if there were to be one issue with this is that if you die a lot and use items useless, you'll end up hurting your team quite a bit simply cause you'll slow down item distribution. Not sure if that's actually that terrible or not.

8. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I don't see how long it takes for the item being researched matters, unless you mean production time.

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Reason it'd matter: If we have to make a cache, the time before you get items increases.

:dirt: = research time for an item
    :bedrock: = production time to create 1 item
    :gold_bullion: = cache
    :OP: = availability on spawn

Currently, production and availability is like this:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:[*]You can start getting items at this point
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP:

If we simply introduced a cache, without changing research time, it'd be like this:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:[*]You'd have to wait until now to get items.
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::bedrock::gold_bullion::bedrock::gold_bullion::bedrock::gold_bullion::bedrock::gold_bullion::bedrock::gold_bullion::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP:

Which is why I said to reduce research time for these items so it's like this:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:[*]You only have to wait until now to get items.
    :dirt::dirt::bedrock::gold_bullion::bedrock::gold_bullion::bedrock::gold_bullion::bedrock::gold_bullion::bedrock::gold_bullion::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP::bedrock::OP:

keyofdoor likes this.
  10. copper40

Great idea, Kouji. I could live with those changes.

Mods: Rainbows