1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

No more burgers (in TDM)

Discussion in 'Balance' started by NinjaCell, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Kububv

Kububv Drill Rusher
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Alright so this is an interesting thread for me because I play plenty of TDM, so here goes. I believe that a perfect archer should always be able to beat a perfect knight due to the mobility advantage that archers have, but nobody plays archer or knight perfectly, so that point is just a little something to keep in mind about my beliefs. I personally have always found burgers annoying when they are used, and here's why: when I am facing a knight, I either get killed, kill him fast, or have to whittle down his health (generally, as I'm sure there are some other odd scenarios I'm not mentioning). Obviously in the first two scenarios a burger won't be used because there's either no need or no time. The third scenario is where the frustration comes in.

To me it feels like the battle has reset itself and my progress is just worthless when a burger is used by a knight I've damaged. His health is at full, and I can just go get more arrows if I need them, so unless he hit me, it really is back to square one. I don't like that. There's a time limit for a reason in TDM and the reason is that people like to have fun and play TDM, not watch two guys fight it out in a stalemate for eternity.

Now, a stalemate by burger would really only happen if you were playing someone very similar in skill level and/or very defensive. Most stalemates occur because one person just keeps running away or hiding (a type of defense sometimes if the archer isn't giving a knight an opening to attack, but other times it is just stalling). So, in reality the stalemate by burger rarely, if ever, happens (this is also due to the fact that not everyone uses burgers). Now you'll also remember my beliefs about archer vs knight (which I feel is a valid discussion to bring in to this thread).

Because people aren't perfect and because people will generally try to attack and win, I don't see burgers as a huge issue. Overall, I don't think enough people buy burgers, and there aren't enough matches where there is a chance for dragging on because of healing that there really should be a change that I can think of (that doesn't mean I think there is no acceptable change for burgers, though). My beef with burgers (pun intended) is just that they can be very annoying when the person you've gotten three hearts of damage on uses one.

I don't intend for this post to be an absolute statement of fact by any means. I'm just adding my two cents to the discussion here and I hope people find it at least somewhat valuable to this thread.

2. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

If you want to heal in TDM when you got 2 hearts as knight, switch to archer and then switch back to knight. Health restored!

Klokinator likes this.
  3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Burgers are fine as they are in TDM. Not alot of people use them.

4. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

That's a great idea! It will allow people to heal if they have cover, but not in the heat of the moment. Even if knights can still get more out of it, it is still much trickier to use. Adds a nice teamplay aspect. I'll add it to the OP.

J-man2003 likes this.
  5. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

If the burgers would be nerfed their price should also be lowered.

6. Brownies

Brownies Ballista Bolt Thrower

Might Remove the burger and add a cup of beer who add 1/4 of the life :)

TheAverageMan likes this.
  7. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

yes but this is the most unfair thing in tdm it makes playing archer early useless

TheAverageMan likes this.