1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Noobs in Action: Constructive Criticism Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kyzak, Aug 6, 2012.

1. just to be clear - this building lacks an EASY way back in. all classes are able to get back in but it requires more time and skills

2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

It also displays one of the features I dislike the most, overhangs pointed towards your team. They are just waiting to fall on your team or help the enemy convert the structure.

Gofio, Canadian98 and Riletyface like this.
  3. Socializator

Socializator Builder Stabber

Backwalls are completely missing in 99% of "noobs in action" buildings yet they would instantly make lot of them quite usable. Why is that? It is because backwalls are not explained anywhere in the game. The fact that they support other blocks has to be retrieved by trial and error.
    But it is old news - ingame tutorial learns you how to move, not how to build...

Gofio, jlordo911 and Canadian98 like this.
  4. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

if you have to remove one block to grief a building to hell, its not even griefing anymore.
    also, it was to explain why his awfull excuse for a tower was badly made, while he kept telling me about its awesome greatness.

i saw this person that made lots of linepieces in a row last week.
    it wasnt even that bad, but the enemy could simply hop on the top of the walls...
    think about what you build... ..please!

5. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

An example of a waste of space:
    KAG 2012-08-16 19-18-52-04.png

Chinizz, Doc22, UnnamedPlayer and 3 others like this.
  6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

hilarious. is that guy making a hotel or something?
    one bed every tower is enough, really.
    in case of a large base like this, I'd say five is maximum.
    one at flag, one at topright overhang, one at the front doors, and two somewhere in those big rooms on the left side.

7. Heh, admittedly, that seems like something I'd make for the heck of it with a bunch of buddies on an abandoned server, back when I began playing. For some reason, and I'm not sure whether this applies to anyone else but building "for the sake of building," left a somewhat therapeutic effect on me. Like runner's high without the....exercise. Builder's high, perhaps? Well, that remains to be seen. Anyway, my point was that this tower may have been a bit counter-productive and over-the-top. The plethora of beds scattered throughout may have been a bit unnecessary. It may have taken a while to scale/exit and it may have been an utter waste of resources. However, I'll be damned if the creator/s of that tower didn't have the time of his/their life creating it.

Riletyface, justi01, Bammboo and 2 others like this.
  8. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

The tower starts on the map.

9. darkenite

darkenite Haxor

...i guess i can see what the builder was trying to do here i just don't understand why he thought it would work.
    As for how he could improve it idk doors on both sides with back wall under it. tho honestly traps like that don't really work that well in the first place.

Attached Files:

10. Vattic

Vattic Shopkeep Stealer

First he built this:
    screen-12-08-20-16-40-39.png

We asked him what he was building and he said it was a base. Originally it's only support was a single pillar of doors so we asked him to at least reinforce it. He was otherwise pretty unresponsive and the front line was far off so we left him to it. In the end a griefer got it.

Straight away he started building this:
    screen-12-08-20-16-47-30.png
    Which he said was somewhere safe for archers.

As for advice I suggest the same as I suggested in game: Keep things reinforced with more than just doors. Try and learn from what other people build with a focus on what the enemy builds that gets in your way and what your team builds that helps you.

11. Doc22

Doc22 Builder Stabber

Lol! That's a fail. The sad thing about most noobs is that they think they are like the best person in the game. :(

Here's what I would change:

Don't make half the tower out of wood doors.
    Don't make an overhang into your base! Overhang it to where the enemy comes from.

That is all.

Canadian98 likes this.
  12. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

I bring you four pictures of hilarious noobs:
    KAG 2012-09-09 09-38-51-47.png
    KAG 2012-09-09 16-45-48-03.png
    KAG 2012-09-10 16-28-26-34.png
    KAG 2012-09-10 17-56-57-58.png

13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ahaha, love it! :D

When will they learn that backwall is their friend? :p

14. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Ahahahaha, the same noob seen in the last photo has returned!
    KAG 2012-09-10 19-27-32-73.png
    KAG 2012-09-10 19-25-57-62.png

15. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

At least he built shops.
    I've seen builders who would capture the hill and the first thing they would do is make a deep spike pit at the top.

16. stig700

stig700 Ballista Bolt Thrower

its mostly this premium players make shitbuildings, clasic(most) make good and cool basesbut clasic has more ggriefers

Doc22 likes this.
  17. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

• Naming & Shaming is *not* acceptable
    master-chief.png heres a noob building that i saw and critisized on but the noob who made it would not lision it only killed our team and not the blues. the noobs name is *redacted*

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  18. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

You cant say the person's name, it's against the rules.
    The Here's because the " 's " is for "is"

I needs a capital at all times when alone.

The correct spelling for listen is not "lision"

Commas are needed at pauses.

Cirom and Beef like this.
  19. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Everything below "rules" was completely unnecessary and uncalled for. This correction of master-chief's words was not needed, because the general message of his post was not hindered by the mistakes. I think you should reread the Guild Charter of the Ivory Tower and give yourself a time out.

Canadian98, Contrary, Bammboo and 3 others like this.
  20. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Canadian, while I applaud the way you handed out your criticism, Para's right; you've forgotten the 4th law: Purpose & Audience. If their grammar & usage isn't poor enough to affect your ability to read/understand, then it's probably not worth worrying about. :rollseyes:
    ---

master-chief, it was clearly stated in the OP that naming people was not on. If this happens again the infraction I hand out will be a lot harder, be warned. :huh?:

Canadian98 and Riletyface like this.