1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Not (yet) on Steam Sale!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 2, 2013.

1. behemoth

behemoth Shipwright

I think it will not be released but................... I'm waiting for midnight :P

STANOK likes this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yup, @MM and @Shadlington are still having some issues with the integration and it's important that it's working 100% before it's released - it needs to be tested by a 3rd party as well, so there's that.

SMASH1413 likes this.
  3. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

So we can hope for a release in the coming days? Or will it be longer?
    P.S. I am so excited!

4. nzrock

nzrock Shipwright

Should be integrated imo.

5. sinnertie

sinnertie Ministry of Hatred Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Won't be integrated, it will stay as it is as far as I know without any changes but still playable as now.

6. nzrock

nzrock Shipwright

Well that's a shame... It would be easier if you can switch between classic and beta in one client. You won't have to install the game twice, and both versions pretty much uses the same assets anyway(helps lessen client size bloating). Beta atm is also missing sandbox and zombies :P

7. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The two versions run on different engines.

Iamaclay likes this.
  8. nzrock

nzrock Shipwright

Oh? One could easily assume they were running on the same engine... Oh well...

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Beta being on an entirely new engine is why the game has taken 12+ months longer to get to Steam than originally planned. Rewriting everything from scratch (and making it 200% more stable & modable in the process) wasn't the initial plan, but it's had good results, no?

Guitarman and sinnertie like this.
  10. nzrock

nzrock Shipwright

Didn't know that, and I used to follow the devblog so closely... Guess I just missed it.
    And yes, Beta's looking good so far, I just have to get used to playing the game differently from Classic :P

PS. kinda awkward that only mod & admin replying to me :o and maybe some people here thinks I'm bitching or something... which I'm not zzz -_-;

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Haha, yeah, I can see how that might be awkward. :p

If it helps the three of us who've replied all got our positions partially due to being constantly active on the forums, so the odds are in our favour to be first on the scene. Plus, seeing as your point was about Steam integration, it's not something non-staff can answer very easily. ;)

Oh, and no, you're not bitching. Just saying what you think/feel; which both natural & welcome. :)

12. nzrock

nzrock Shipwright

No probs, but I was talking about game integration, not steam integration :P ^^

13. FuzzyBlueBaron

Point. Okay, just ignore me then. ::P:

14. SuperTurdBoy

SuperTurdBoy Tree Planter

Will you support steam workshop? So that we can share our texture packs and mods?

15. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

No they wont you'll do you it through the forums.

16. FuzzyBlueBaron