1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

o.o Whats going to become of these? Hidden files or?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tulvar, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For the most part, aircraft make buildings superfluous. It's a similar issue to how Ace of Spades!Jagex introduced a class that could fly over the frankly quite short buildings.

2. Boea

Boea Such Beta

It'd be more reasonable to have air vehicles if there was an adequate way to to defend against them.
    There is no way. Ballistae and catapults are powerful, but are woefully limited when it comes to fire rate, angle of attack, and general accuracy, except in the cases of the few skilled. The only "vehicle" that could deal with them were the b800- mounted bows, but you know what happened there.

If anything, the best response to an aircraft, much with any other vehicle, would be a panel of highlander demolitionists, and volley archers. Generally this moves the player base of one of the teams into a suicidal play styles or support classes, to destroy the vehicle and prevent further damages, while trying to fortify and repair structures while they are under constant combat. The other team simply has to cause as much damage or discord as they can before they are abated.
    (I halfway to reaching a certain thought, but I don't know what it is.)

3. JTG

JTG Bison Rider Tester

Try typing !bomber !airship or !war_base in a server with sv_test on, or login on rcon on your solo sandbox and try. A lot of things are still spawnable.

And yes the airship and bomber can hold ballistas and catapults. They would break balance and make building go underground, but the modes do not allow you to move the important constructs underground anymore, or at all; as per migrant and dorms, so you'd have bombers and airships crashing into halls or flag containers constantly breaking them apart.

4. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Does that include triangle blocks? Because they are pretty dope. Just imagine the funnels and saws.

5. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I noticed a few other interesting sprites the other day, uncluding an unused TraderGuard, TraderRich, and the fact that there are different zombie sprites than are actually even used in Classic, and also some unused ones.

I decided to update the previous image and also include at least a single frame of each zombie, because they are also technically unused sprites in Beta.
    KAGSTUFF.png

6. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Personall i think birds should be implemented into the game

7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

As for them making buildings useless, it seems like ceilings (and perhaps an easier way to access them than upturned doors) would solve that, but it could be a huge problem for larger airships. (Unless they can be popped by archers ;) ).

Of all the things though the one I long for the most are those triangular blocks to be honest, for so many reasons, even just the 1x1 triangulars.

Crabmaster likes this.
  8. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Official, not-as-buggy-as-mod, triangles would be nice, yeah. I also like the dirt ones.

I wouldn't mind those other stone blocks were included as a randomized part of things. Would look kinda cool!

Also this:
    KAGawesome.png

Galabranth likes this.
  9. Me jelly for jellyfish.

EDIT:

Damn that Archer hole looks so refined.

MORE EDIT:

Just noticed the flying boat.

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Only if archers can grapple onto them and fly around. Useful and hilarious!

Pecola1033 likes this.
  11. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

12. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

[Deleted some posts.]

Use the report button, there is no need to have 3 separate posts pointing out a necro.

Thread locked because it is old and yucky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.