1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ockpii's Starbound Analysis videos

Discussion in 'Other games' started by ockpii, Apr 11, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Hello, everyone!

Starbound is a game being developed by Terraria's spriter, Tiy. It's a 2D platformer that combines a bit of mining, but RPG elements and Pokémon-like stuff, such as analyzing enemies and plants, and training foes to do what you want + mechs and such!

Anyways, I've started a series of videos entitled "Discussing _____". And the first game to fill that blank was precisely Starbound. So here are my analysis videos that cover pretty much all of the info there is :)

The first one, in which I discuss pretty much everything up to that point.
    The second one, in which I focus on shields and combat.
    The third one, in which I focus on the first gameplay video and some more stuff!
    The fourth one, in which I focus on the latest Wallpaper of the Week and underwater stuff!
    The fifth one, in which I talk about the first confirmed mobs in the game and analyze the latest Wallpaper of the Week!
    The sixth one, in which I take a look at the latest Wallpaper of the Week!
    The seventh one, where I talk about what the team has been working on, show you a new multiplayer screenshot and something about a Beta!
    The eighth one, in which I go through the three new biome screenshots!
    The ninth one, where I analyze the latest Wallpaper of the Month, go over a new screenshot, discuss water pressure and more!
    The tenth video (!), in which I analyze some brand new screenshots, featuring biome stuff, nighttime, and a Heinz ad!
    The eleventh one, in which I analyze the second and newest gameplay video, featuring a variety of forests + day&night!
    The twelfth one, where I go over new screenshots, prospect of pets and more stuff!
    Lucky number thirteen, in which I talk about a brand new playable race plus some new screenshots (snow included)!
    Discussing Starbound #14 is up, and in it I talk about rain, a bunch of Tiy's tweets, these screenshots and the new wallpaper!
    Discussing Starbound #15! Soundtrack, cutscenes, fishing and more!
    Discussing Starbound #16 is up! Multi-monitor support, lava + magma and more!
    New Discussing Starbound video! This time, with guests along to chat! [​IMG]
    Part 2 of this special episode! This is where we bring in the funny!
    Discussing Starbound #17! - a new gameplay video just came out! The Water Tech demo!
    Discussing Starbound #18 is up, wherein I talk about new mobs that have been spewed out by the mob generator, new mode to play in and much more!
    Discussing Starbound #19! - two new screenshots with new mobs, a gif, the release of Wanderlust and more!
    Discussing Starbound #20 is up, and for this episode I go over vanity items, a new mob and procedurally-generated weapons!
    Alrighty, #21 is up, containing mob discussion and a huge bird dungeon!
    Discussing Starbound #22 is up and running! Monkeys, Eddie Murphies and more!
    Discussing Starbound #23 should halt your motion! New mobs, Character creation and customization, the future of updating & more is what I have for you!
    Discussing Starbound #25 is now up, and I talk about more things about character customization and things!
    Discussing Starbound #26 is freshly squeezed for you! I talk about the tiny new teleportation video and a really cool screenshot filled with furniture!
    Discussing Starbound #27 is here! I talk about NPC villages, combat mechanics, gameplay videos and more!
    Discussing Starbound #28 is freshly baked. New building demo gameplay video, Tiy's 1:20h livestream, and more!
    Discussing Starbound #29 - Lightning! I go over the two new species revealed, the brand new character creation menu screenshot and the new randomly generated mob!
    Discussing Starbound #30 is up! In this video I go over the new information about the Floran race, some screenshots of their newly released furniture sets, a podcast interview, a small stream and more!
    Discussing Starbound #31 is now live! I go over two new mobs and two new screenshots - one featuring the new race, which now has a name, and one featuring a new randomization feature for the mobs -, and I quickly brush over Tiy's latest livestream and the private beta that's apparently on its way right now!
    For Discussing Starbound #32 I take a moment to relax a bit and enjoy the nice things of this place such as a brand new spanking website that Chucklefish Games now has, and I talk about the possibility of Starbound getting an Ouya release!
    The gihugic Discussing Starbound #33 is here! Armors, public Beta, cooking and eating, character creation, star navigation and much more! Wheeeeeeeowwww!.....
    Discussing Starbound #34 is up! Tons of stuff - The Glitch, Starbound Newsletter, Armor Mods, Crafting, and more!
    Discussing Starbound #35 is now live! I talk about the Starbound Roadmap, Techs, weapons and more!
    Discussing Starbound #36! - PRE-ORDERS ARE UP! GO GET IT (all of the websites might be down, so just be patient!)
    Discussing Starbound #37 is up! Today I talk about the Pre-order stretch goals, the Reddit AMA and some awesome wallpapers and mobs! Enjoy!:

Tadaaa
    Make sure to leave a comment telling me what you think, 'like' the videos and consider subscribing ;)

http://PlayStarbound.com

Antman, Canadian98, Yuutsu and 4 others like this.
  2. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

I want it, even if it's unfinished yet :)

3. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how well they pull off their method of having a story in an RPG.
    It's always been an issue I've had with Western RPGs, in that generally the stories are diluted by the fact that you can "Play whatever role you want", rather than having a solid story built around a set of well-defined characters. Obviously, this is still going to be somewhat similar to how it's normally done, but I'm still interested to see what effects their small changes have. :)

4. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Story in a Sandbox, you mean. The game has several genre elements, like RPGey, but it's still a Sandbox ;)
    This game is being very competently created, I assure you that :)

~ockpii

sj67 likes this.
  5. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

You have a sexy voice, no homo.

Jomppexx and ockpii like this.
  6. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Updated the OP with a brand new video wherein I discuss three brand new biome screenshots!
    </br>--- merged: May 7, 2012 5:41 PM ---</br>
    Updated the OP with a new video with a new wallpaper, new screenshot, water pressure and more!
    </br>--- merged: May 12, 2012 5:28 PM ---</br>
    New video on the OP - nighttime and new biome screenshots + a new animated gif!

Wonkyth likes this.
  7. Gamerbro

Gamerbro Drill Rusher

i've ben waiting for starbound for such a loooooooong time >.<

8. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Funny, I've been waiting for it since it was first announced, and yet I haven't been waiting long at all! ^_^

9. Gamerbro

Gamerbro Drill Rusher

sad that they stopped developing terraria :(

Jomppexx likes this.
  10. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Updated the OP with my newest video on the latest gameplay video!

Wonkyth likes this.
  11. Gamerbro

Gamerbro Drill Rusher

WOW you'r vids are awesome ,subed :D

12. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Thank you! I do put a lot into every video I do :)

13. Gamerbro

Gamerbro Drill Rusher

The final boss looks.... wormy.... i really hope the worm does not creep on you an then tranform into a gigantic killing machine :eek:

14. Jomppexx

Jomppexx Shopkeep Stealer

I hope someone revives it actually... One of my favorite games too :rollseyes:

15. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

I actually have a few Terraria videos that you guys might find very useful ;)

~ockpii

16. Gamerbro

Gamerbro Drill Rusher

Same i played it alot but now when i have hallowedarmor i dunno what to do <:(

17. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Updated the op with the new Discussing Starbound video in which I talk about a new playable race + 3 screenshots (snow included!)!

18. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Another nice video. I like how you zoom in and point out things on the background. At some points I have trouble understanding what you say but I am willing to look past that :p

ockpii likes this.
  19. palmito

palmito Shopkeep Stealer

the game seems very cool, I'll try. :D

20. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

The game is not even remotely out yet. There are only screenshots and development videos showcasing some of the features that are being worked on. There's also concept art available and a few desktop wallpapers, but that's it. Ockpii here is analysing said videos, pictures, screenshots to possibly reveal more than meets the eye, and simply speculates.

Mods: BlueLuigi