1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Official KAG Discord Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galen, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

KAG has an official Discord! You can join us at discord.gg/kag! Make sure to read the #rules when you've joined.

If you find yourself to be banned from the Discord, feel free to appeal your ban here.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2019
  2. cheffplayer2

cheffplayer2 Catapult Fodder

hi, I got banned a while ago without any previous warnings or punishments. not sure what I did besides argue with people. I really do want to be able to have access to the server to communicate with people that play the game. thanks for any reply
    discord id: 224692830885380096

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I will unban you for now. But please behave.

cheffplayer2 likes this.
  4. cheffplayer2

hi, thanks for giving me a second chance. unfortunately, the official kag invite is still registering as invalid for me. may you give me a temporary one and I can see if it works? thanks

5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I've triple-checked, you're not banned. Unless you have used different user now to get the invitation.

6. cheffplayer2

i haven't went on the discord server on any other accounts. ive been unbanned on a few servers and the same issue has always happened to me, so i don't really know what to do about it. wont hurt to try if you messaged me a temporary invite or posted it here. sorry for the inconvenience

7. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

As far as I know, that only happens if you've been permanently banned on a different account that shares the IP with the first one. You can temporarily use a VPN to connect to the server with this account and once you are in go back to your own IP again.

8. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Hi, I got banned for using a slur and breaking the rules and would like to apologise for it, was kinda a thing done in the heat of a moment (as stupid as that sounds), could I please get unbanned?

9. l3afysamz

l3afysamz Arsonist

make sure u have less than 100 discord servers :eek::noburu:
    there is a limit

10. cheffplayer2

i just joined and left a few servers so im sure that i am under the limit

11. Blackiceball

Blackiceball Catapult Fodder Staff Alumni

hello yes i was banned when can i be unbanned

12. Guitarman

Guitarman Bison Rider Discord Staff Tester Official Server Admin

Considering your history of rule breaking, hostility, and general troublemaking on discord, as well as the flippant attitude you've expressed towards this ban on your own servers, I see no reason to believe you're genuinely sorry.
    Your ban is permanent and will remain that way.

13. Blackiceball

this a joke right? anyways how long my ban and bunnies pls answer like with 1week or 2 or smth (no meme responses like above)

14. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

This is the definition of rule-lawyering where you add in previous events(90% of which are more than likely 6 months old) and completely slam the door on someone. At the end of the day he broke an obvious rule and it's an open and shut case a ban is deserving but to permenantly remove community members because of a small infraction is the same attitude the administration has been lambasted for the past 4 years. Not to mention he wasnt just breaking the rules to break the rules he was egged on by a group(which doesnt take away from the punishment needed, however it shows a mob mentality effect and that this is not usual behavior). Im gonna level with you almost no one is truly sorry for saying a word because they got punished by an authority or a community, theyre usually sorry they crossed a line and were banished. I dont think even cynical thd administrators really think bunnie isnt regretful that he crossed a line and is now banana'd.

Blackiceball and bunnie like this.
  15. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

"History of rule breaking, hostility, and general troublemaking" when was my last legitimate ban on the discord? I'm fairly sure it's been well over a year since one - as far as I remember, the last reasonable one was when me and @Biurza got banned in August 2018 for making a Hitler joke.

I admit, the flippant attitude is perhaps a bit immature and may make the whole thing come off as fake, but I have a flippant attitude to pretty much everything. I'm fairly sure the ban is the result of a single action that happened on Saturday, and backing it up with events that happened over a year ago isn't really reasonable.

It's hard to not be hostile to the staff - which I'm also sorry for - when despite everything I try to do for the game, there's stupid drama like changing rules overnight (rzalgate, Tern memes, Legend's ban, recently the "why black" stuff but I guess that's the past already), me getting permabanned and getting unbanned 10 minutes later by Furai (it's how this entire meme "how long this permaban?" started), Galen's ban for "rule lawyering", FBB's winter is coming (even if the reason for the thread was a legitimate one) etc, etc. not to mention that I was still treated like a toxic 2012 troll by probably everyone excluding Mazey for the last few months. Yeah, I'm hostile to the staff, I'm sorry, but I actually do care about the game and try to help new players if possible.

I'm fairly sure I cause much, much less trouble than griefers and trolls in-game which seem to be continuously ignored by the staff. I've suggested fixing !report and letting people actually know that such a function exists - nothing is done. New rules were written by just a standard OKSA who later decided to quit, active EU admins are being ignored because you believe I somehow brainwashed all HOMEK admins, you decide to change rules because Galen doesn't like it. Noritox needs 5 videos of evidence to get a ban. The upper staff doesn't even play the game and barely cares for its well-doing - you care more about the power and some stupid memes, leaking stuff to stir even more drama and cause disputes between certain groups in the community (Staff, BOW, AUS, HOMEK), including a group with people that hate the game and its' community because why not?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

upload_2019-10-29_23-15-48.png

You treat the ban as a joke yourself - you've bragged about it on TC discord:

upload_2019-10-29_22-52-14.png
    upload_2019-10-29_22-52-37.png

[​IMG]

and it doesn't mean it's wrong, because I indeed do have history with stuff like this, but it's overly exaggerated. Doesn't mean I can't be sorry for breaking the rules - indeed, I am sorry for what happened on Saturday - it was immature whoring for attention, it didn't belong in the official discord, I shouldn't have done it and I have no excuse - but how much more am I supposed to say for you to genuinely believe that? I'm not trying to be passive aggressive right now, but wouldn't you say that a longer apology would come off as even more fake? I am aware that I deserve the ban and that I did something wrong, but yet again, it shouldn't be a permanent one - it shouldn't even be longer than a few weeks, because as I said, for the past year I didn't do anything to deserve a permanent ban.

Moreover, if "attitude outside of the official discord" doesn't apply to staff somehow, why should it apply to me in this case?

Do you actually still believe I'm a toxic troll that hurts the game, or are you just biased against me for my open criticism (often not worded very well, yes, I'm sorry again) of the staff and your personal dislike of me?

Back on the point, criticism of staff isn't really the point of this post, the point of the post is to explain why I do not believe that I deserve this punishment.

I'd like to ask for another chance @Furai

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Erfan, Fobri, Magmus and 5 others like this.
  16. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I don't have much more to add to Bunnie's post, but I simply want to underline the fact that he made a mistake, is aware of this, and is genuinely sorry, as well as remind you of a few things:

You have permanently banned and denied an appeal to Bunnie because, along with his recent infraction, you took into consideration his past actions, most of which happened years ago. Let us keep in mind, however, that he has acted decently on the Official Discord for many months now (Not taking his "negativity" and badly phrased criticism into consideration, because that's just silly) and that he has contributed to the game A LOT with organization of many tournaments, other events, making of guides, DLC heads, accolades, etc.

Remember, similar behavior is not unheard of: COLT has made racist joke - He got unbanned after an appeal within 2 weeks; Le Butch was discussing swastikas - unbanned after an appeal; Legend has used derogatory statements against Americans, he got unbanned when he appealed it. I (and many others) don't think it is justified that bunnie not be given a second chance just because of things he did years ago, while all of these people are given second chances without hesitation. I feel like personal bias against bunnie is here influencing justice more than it should be.

Fobri, Coroz, PUNK123 and 3 others like this.
  17. Guitarman

This ban is the result of you dropping the n-word on Saturday. As I'm sure you're aware, this is a direct violation of rule 3 and a bannable offense by itself. I'm also not backing it up with events that happened years ago, I'm backing it up based on my experience with your general demeanor and attitude on the official discord. Regardless of when your last official ban was, you're always at the forefront of arguments when they get out of hand, such as what went down in #kag-memes on the 19th.

You're treated like a toxic troll because your behavior is often representative of a toxic troll.
    Whether or not you're helpful to players ingame has no relation to being banned from the official discord.

While I agree that we have a problem with griefers and trolls ingame, that's neither here nor there. Fixing things such as !report and whatnot are beyond my duties. In fact, most of these points you bring up here are completely irrelevant to your ban.
    As for the screenshots, the ones involving Galen have absolutely zero relevance. He's been retired for over a year, yet you keep bringing him up as though he's some kind of puppet master controlling staff behind the scenes.

I'll admit that what I did wasn't very professional, however, this does not change the validity or circumstances of your ban.

You say you're terribly sorry and regret your actions, but it's hard to believe you when you've said things like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You should consider yourself lucky that you've had so many "second" chances already with your previous bans. As for this incident in particular, most other videogame discords operating in an official capacity would have permanently banned you no questions asked.
    As it stands, there are no plans for your ban to be lifted.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Kazaco97, Blubahub, Hella and 3 others like this.
  18. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

What do you think went down in #kag-memes on the 19th, and how is that related to this at all? I wasn't muted, warned or anything like that, because I wasn't even breaking any rules (noone was)? It wasn't even me who started the entire discussion - it was just certain aussies baiting and provoking?

How is arguing itself wrong? Indeed, I do argue a lot, but it doesn't break any rules? How is it an additional reason for my ban to be a permanent one?

Did my "attitude and general demeanor" towards staff ever break any rules? If yes, why was I not told/warned to stop it or anything like that, and actually punished for that when it happened, and you're only using this as an argument now? I don't believe backing up a valid ban with situations that didn't cause any action to be taken is reasonable.

So the fact that I'm not a toxic troll doesn't matter because I'm still a toxic troll? because that's what this sounds like

How is the fact that THD staff keeps neglecting the game itself irrelevant?
    The screenshots aren't even related to Galen - I'm bringing him up because I consider it odd that THD staff likes hanging around people who hate the game so much and how Furai decides to randomly remove a rule mainly because of him complaining in #lodge (despite there being no consensus about what to do with the rule), point is to show that THD staff isn't really professional. I mean, really, an off-topic 2.0 discord?

I could say the same about my behaviour after the ban or my attitude towards it - it does not change the validity of the length of the punishment.

Yet again, as I and others have said, I'm aware that saying the n-word does break the rules. I'm aware that it breaks rule 3, and I'm sorry for breaking the rules, but do you seriously think that I'm going to change my views related to the word because of a single ban? Almost nobody from kag outside of the official discord really cares about words like this, and a lot of staff uses words like these themselves outside of the official discord. The punishment is for using the word on the official discord.

What is your definition of "being sorry"? Acknowledging that you've done something wrong? Yes, I'm acknowledging that I've broke the rules... Really, how much more am I supposed to say?

upload_2019-10-31_4-18-18.png

And yes, I'm mocking the way you treat punishments (in a private chat...) - you give permabans for breaking specifically rule 3, and the only way for that permaban to be lifted is to appeal and "show compunction". I'm not going to agree with this way of moderation, so what's wrong with mocking it in a private chat? Do you think Legend actually really thought he did something wrong so he appealed and got unbanned? Do you think LeButch was sorry for arguing about swastikas/posting them? It doesn't matter if they're sorry - they acknowledged the validity of their ban according to the rules, promised to not do it again, and any outside behaviour doesn't or shouldn't matter in here. I'm doing the same in here - as far as I remember, for the first time.

What exactly would you want me to say or do for you to believe that I acknowledge that I broke the rules - that I'm sorry? Send personal apologies to the staff or what? Is this really the point of all of this - proving if someone is sorry or isn't?

Second chances? You yet again ignore the circumstances around the earlier bans of the past year. There were no "second chances", I was simply banned temporarily if rules were legitimately broken (reasonable, but that was over a year ago), or the ban was lifted (Galengate, rzalgate, Furai's 2 permabans) because it wasn't legitimate, not because I was being given a second chance.

I wouldn't say I was lucky at all - I'd say I was unlucky because of how much the staff hates me, doesn't want me on the official discord and how often it was inconsistent with enforcing rules and punishments.

Why do you compare the official KAG discord to other discords? There are also quite a few videogame discords ("verified" discord ones or whatever the name is) that do not care this much about the usage of that word when it's not directed at a specific person or used as an insult. Yet again this is hardly relevant to the ban itself.

Yes, I'm aware of the intention behind rule 3 - to keep the official discord friendly to as many people as possible, which is why there's such a stance against slurs.

There are also discords that have actual clear rules and a defined punishment system to remove the possibility of bias within the staff. Even this forum used to have such a system - you got banned after a few warnings iirc, and the warnings expired after a certain time. Different situations should have different punishments, and everything the official discord has is 10 short #rules.

This was also the reason of creating the new official in-game server rules - to remove any grey areas, to make them more clear and give defined punishments.

So, what really is the reason for the ban to be a permanent one and for it to not be shortened? Is it because I'm awful at showing compunction, because of past bans from over a year ago (despite you saying it's not), my attitude or what?

upload_2019-10-31_4-36-59.png

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Biurza likes this.
  19. Blackiceball

its been 5 days and not a single response on what time we can reasonably be unbanned nobody is arguing saying nword is bad i apologize but can you guys respond with a reasonable time for the nword? would be nice yes and please dont take 2 days for a response theres nothing important going on in thd or chats and u guys got 24hrs to respond so please :wink: (i just wanna get on kag discord again dont overreact pls and just gib time)

20. Guitarman

You pinged eleven roles to say the n-word, this is a violation of rule 3 (no slurs) and rule 6 (do not excessively ping users, or ping users for no reason). Shortly after being banned you then joined with an alt account to circumvent the ban, which is a violation of discord ToS.
    Your ban will not be lifted.

bokkusu likes this.