1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Official KAG Discord Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galen, Jul 24, 2017.

1. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

or, you know, just give someone the muted role manually and take it away 3 days later

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    PUNK123, an_obamanation and Blubahub like this.
  2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DISCLAIMER: I love both of these individuals and neither of them hate America, nor Americans. I am just trying to provide examples of jokes at America's expense, jokes I find funny.

I've gotten plenty of this anti-America stuff from people on the discord so it's confusing as to why they haven't been banned/muted/warned if this is a rule. (I don't take personal offense to these they're just examples of similar things)

It's just a joke/meme. I can't speak for Legend himself because I don't believe I was around when he was on the discord and I don't even think i've met him in game, but it just looks like the typical conversations that go on in off-topic to this very day.

If he really is such a blatantly toxic character you'll find a legitimate reason to ban him pretty quickly, but "fat dumb americans" doesn't really scream "toxicity" to me as an American.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    MonstaKit, Blubahub and bunnie like this.
  3. Guitarman

Guitarman Bison Rider Tester Official Server Admin

Legend was repeatedly warned and muted for his behavior leading up to being banned and to say he was banned "because the bot wasn't working" grossly ignores the circumstances of the situation.

4. ingra

ingra Horde Gibber
    1. Active Forum Users

Hi, I actually replied to this on #off-topic, but it's probably for the best if I respond through here, since you actively quoted me.
    I don't really see how I implied the "Fat americans" rhetoric. If there's anything you can take from what I wrote, is that:
    1) American fast food is horrible/unedible garbage/etc.
    2) It's spreading or/is invasive in its nature.
    The fact that you quoted me waaaaay of out context in order to fulfill your so called: "Anti-american stuff" and how people partake in such endeavors without being warned/muted/banned just gives me the impression that you're just trying to excuse/justify Legend's behavior. To be honest, I don't really know him nor do I have something against/for his ban, I've actually only heard/saw him for the first time yesterday during the Captains match. However, most people, and especially mods, are very specific about what led to his ban, as you can see in zanzibar's response.

an_obamanation likes this.
  5. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

My wording on that message was probably not the best I could have made it out to be, multiple people got confused about my intent so I apologize. I wasn't trying to shit on you or act like you hate America and you think all Americans are fat and stupid and whatever. Nor was I trying to say that Monsta believes any of that, because she's stated multiple times that she's just joking around. I've edited the message with a disclaimer just so people from future land don't get confused.

It still feels like he's just joking to me (do people really think meters scare Americans?). I'm not saying there should be a rule where people who make fun of America all get punished, i'm not saying that these jokes upset me, i'm trying to say the opposite. I find them funny and I don't see the problem.

I searched through discord for a long while and what I mostly saw was him getting into mock flame wars with codered and trying to spark them up by @ing him with "fat american", so I guess it's more that he's sparking / trying to spark up flame wars with it? I understand his mutes from then because they're in general and like Furai says there, do you really want someones first impression of the KAG discord to be two dudes flaming each other? The last mute feels sorta uncalled for but I don't have enough knowledge to really talk about it.

Either way, I won't embarrass myself further with my ignorance on KAG drama, this is just my two cents, not meaning to talk smack about anyone with it.

EDIT: Poor Ing.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Blubahub likes this.
  6. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

an_obamanation and Blubahub like this.
  7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

bullshit, his earlier mutes may have been legitimate, but all Legend did in the past was getting warned 2-3 times to not 'be obsessed about gender' and sending some edgy image (i'm going to call BS that he was warned any more times unless u give me screenshots). the catalyst that got legend banned was 'fat american' - stop trying to deny that.

moreover what the fuck are these assumptions?

upload_2019-8-22_13-43-8.png

so banning people because you're predicting they're going to do something that actually deserves a permaban (breaking rule 3) within a week is okay?

even though somehow in the (almost year i think) Legend was on the discord he never deserved such a strict punishment?

upload_2019-8-22_13-44-24.png

so everyone else can use 'fat american' but not legend because if legend does that, it's toxicity?

upload_2019-8-22_13-45-45.png

alternative = permaban instead of 3d mute. lmao.

moreover i find it hilarious that @Mazey removed my post on this thread describing his incompetence regarded to the rzal bans of January this year, no it wasn't a 'discussion that is removed as usual to keep the thread clean', it was a ban appeal. like, you know, the ones from LeButch and sophiegirl that don't show staff in a bad light that weren't removed...

it's very clear that Mazey just had a bad day and decided to go on a power trip (like usual biased staff of KAG discord). Legend has nothing to apologise for

but yea let's keep him banned because 3 people dislike him :thumbs_up:, and reject his ban appeal because he 'isn't showing compunction' and then you wonder why TC's discord is more active lmao. top notch community managing

8. Legend

Legend Builder Stabber Donator

Hello again, Mazey I don't know what you mean by "writing a proper ban appeal". I was banned permanently for calling Shylea a fat american (which he didn't care about) instead of muted. Zanzibar I don't know what behavior you're talking about. I don't think there was any good reason to give me a permaban. I certainly wasn't as toxic as you are trying to say. I remember being warned once or twice not to call people girls. I'm sorry if I hurt anyone with that, I didn't know people actually had problems with it. With what else is said on the Discord I thought its okay. I will stop doing that if I get back on the Discord. I would like to be unbanned now, thank you.

Blubahub, PUNK123 and bunnie like this.
  9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I immediately explained to you what I meant and that it was not the reason he got banned, but of course, you're going to ignore that and post this without any context on the forums. Thanks for the reminder to not discuss matters like these with you.

You may not have realised it, but you showed a fair amount of degrading behaviour and we got several complaints. Anyway, fair enough - I'll give you another chance, try to not waste it.

Blubahub likes this.
  10. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

yeah, youve been repeating the same 3 things which are total bs: "legend wasnt permabanned for saying fat american", "it wasnt because the bot didnt work" and "i warned and muted him several times", (TWO times, oh shit!). when you banned 10 people for rzal you also kept 'explaining' stuff, and everyone of course just 'ignored it'. keep trying to defend yourself, its cute

"several complaints" - two? from monsta? lol. keep living in your staff circlejerk

Vampire likes this.
  11. LeButch

LeButch Shipwright

Hey, guys .

Everyone has a bad day and everyone does mistakes, so please stop flaming Mazey for this little thing. I bet he tries the best to manage this server as good as he can.

BUT:
    I really like (liked) this community for managing everything with minimal moderation, so I hate to see moderators destroying good conversations for absolutely trivial reasons like doing this conversation in the wrong channel.
    So please just ignore things noone complains about. I am not saying that you should just leave the community solve all of their problems alone, but I am saying that you should only intervene when the rulebreaking behaviour really harms/offends/annoys someone. Give the community more freedom to manage itself, because it showed how great it can do this.

Yours truely,
    Le Butch aka Maestro#8761

12. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

"tries the best to manage this server as good as he can."

13. LeButch

LeButch Shipwright

I really think so. He tries his best, but he does not have the required skills to lead this server well. I like him though, but he should listen more to people trying to help him manage the server.

Blubahub likes this.
  14. Ningamer080

Ningamer080 Horde Gibber

Can't join the server, got banned for whatever already forgotten reason. Can i get somehow an unban please? I will try not to break the rules anymore. Lifetime ban isn't fair for anybody.

EDIT: Ah yeah, forgot to mention my discord name: Palstav#9297

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019