1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Official KAG Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Jul 25, 2014.

1. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

stop this bullshit and move on

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Earlier when you said you would punch someone in the guts who said mean words to you. That doesnt necessarily speak to your online behavior, but it could.
    Yes, that is called social pressure. It is very different from a mute because no one is literally silencing you. For instance, Colin kaepernick, in the states, sat down during the pledge to protest police killings of ethnic people and people responded negatively. That is different from him literally being silenced or forced to stand by the league. People reacting negatively in power, with their power, to things they dont like are obviously much much worse than an average player/citizen saying something.

Will you make Kag great again for me cinc? Im pretty sure the rules are in place to do just that but they have nothing to do with muting for being mean to an admin. If i wanted a "safer" server from some rude asshole id used the feature of ignore. I would never demand an asshole be muting for trying to annoy me.
    The level is the part we are discussing. For instance, you shouldnt be attacking someone for racial, sexual, or other identifying reasons. Those are targeted and specifically discriminatory. If gunslinger's mother had just died, and daskew knew about it, and he continued the abuse then it could very well delve into the realm of harassment and bullying(fyi the supposed victim isnt harassed just because they say they were harassed).

Tone-policing doesnt happen in just and free societies. I believe, for instance, that denying the holocaust should not get you silenced. I disagree with the bigotry from the majority of denialists, but i feel like they have a right to "question" or express their opinion that a specific genocide didnt happen.
    Not true, in the US you can be silenced in a courtroom if the judge wants to speak. That is more for being disorderly though and i understand the purpose of it, but disagree because of how much power it gives the judge.
    go fuck your mother
    I can't, i need have this ocd thing about needing to correct wrong things.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is definitely getting pretty far off topic :) Just want to chime in on the FREE SPEECH side of things since there seems to be quite a lot of confusion here:

We are by no means obliged to give anyone a platform for their speech. The forums and official servers form our space, and we control access to community hosted servers through the API. We can deem whatever we want appropriate or inappropriate for that space. Using the Holocaust denier example - they indeed have a freedom to that provably incorrect opinion, and we have a freedom to kick them off our platform if they start spreading it here.

WRT the actual admin events:

As this is a PvP Gaming community it's (for better or worse) expected that things will get heated sometimes. Admins keeping their cool under pressure is quite important, and they shouldn't be muting for swearing unless things get excessive, and as said by a few others, a polite warning first should be given.

I directly encourage admins to avoid participating in administrative actions if they are irritated or stressed; the chance of a mistake coming from a heated action is much greater.

I agree however that the case here is nothing particularly pathological, sounds more like a slip up than some sort of repeated targeted power abuse.

On "just ignore them!":

Admins using the in-game ignore feature on a potentially abusive player is actually quite problematic; if the ignored player then goes on to abuse others, under normal circumstances the admin won't see the chat. I don't think it's a good solution to the problem.

They should of course mentally ignore as much baiting as possible, but if it starts to cross into the space where they're considering a mute, directly addressing the problem and issuing a warning sounds more appropriate to me.

Responding in kind is probably the worst course of action to be taking.

4. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

In my humble opinion admins should only mute someone offending them when there is consistent personal abuse sent their way that begins to undermine their authority.

Guys freedom of speech is just basically where via your own mediums you are allowed to say (almost) anything you want (depending on your country) and the government won't perform legal action upon you.

On THD this is their medium. This entire forum and their game etc is THEIR SPEECH. lol Think of us all as agents they are allowing to speak on their medium.

However this doesn't mean that THD are not heavily incentivised to allow a certain level of freedom for people speaking. Because it's nice for players to do this and if it's nice for players there will presumably be more sales of the game. So THD will have a policy that allows a certain level of speech. But they can do whatever they want to quash whatever speech they want to. I would imagine anything that is bad for their business will be quashed. For example forum threads going off topic all the time would be bad for their business. This is why we have a litany of pedantic admins - they actually keep things rational in the forums.

Since human beings and aren't perfect. There is an ongoing and real threat that some official admins will overstep their bounds and start using their position to service only themselves (kicking players for revenge, muting them for a laugh, banning them for a grudge etc). I think when this happens people should at least complain occassionally about it so that bad admins are weeded out and good ones remain.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  5. lol everybody chill

6. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Why am I banned on CTF EU 3? I've been banned there a few days now and don't remember doing anything wrong.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 7, 2016 ---
    4zk just banned me and Psiklaw on CTF EU for spiking eachother in build phase.

We weren't doing anything to anyone else and we were playing seriously during match time.

Please remove anti-fun admins because they ruin my KAG experience.

7. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Well guess what, it's not only about your KAG experience, but others too. You were most likely banned for not doing anything in build phase, I mean, it's not a rule but I don't think it's very fun having a way smaller castle than the enemy team.

8. Blue_Tiger

It was 1. not a bannable offence and 2. not ruining anyone's experience. How is not building ruining anyone's experience in a 20 player game?

9. veronartdoob

veronartdoob Haxor

If you do not build anything in the construction phase, I prefer that you leave the game / or be banned and can enter another player to help the team

10. Blue_Tiger

If you think that I have to do the same boring thing every game for thousands of games, I prefer that you leave the game / or be banned and can enter another player to not be annoying.

11. veronartdoob

veronartdoob Haxor

It does not bother me that you do not build in the construction phase, what really bothers me is that there are other players that can not play on the same server and there are people who are not contributing anything

12. Blue_Tiger

Who cares? It's a game. I contribute 10x the amount of your average noob during the actual game.

13. king-george

Sure you do.

14. lol you can do whatever you want in the game blue just dont grief

15. Blue_Tiger

Exactly. Thank you.

So why was I banned?

16. king-george

@The_Clev I was just muted, then kicked by Clev for stating my opinion. I am for Trump and I was saying "racist" things. However, does this mean I am not allowed to state Trump's ideas? Apparently not. I would like a clarification. One of my rights is to be able to express my opinion as I want. You're breaking that right.

17. Clev

Clev Resident Stoner Staff Alumni Donator Tester

You got muted for saying "Eradicate the Mexicans". You got kicked for spamming name changes to try to troll even farther.

20170202142428_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  18. king-george

I wasn't trolling. I was spamming names to try to contact you but you ignored me so I continued. How long was that mute anyways? But I was not trolling. Actually eradicating Mexicans is illegal, but being able to say that is a right that I have.

19. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Keep politics out of KAG. Antisemitism, racism and abusive behaviour towards individuals and groups of people is stuff that's outlawed by law (DUH) and also KAG's TOS. Keep crap like that out of the game or I will launch the game for the first time in years and personally ban you.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  20. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Free speech means saying something like "eradicate mexicans" isn't illegal in the US, it doesn't mean we have to let you say it in our video game server. People just want to play the game, we try to give players a reasonable amount of freedom in the chat but we won't let you say inflammatory / racially charged stuff.