1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Official KAG Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'll talk with the admins.

2. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

I just wonder how many weeks we have to wait yet for new maps or map cycle changed? 7 weeks passed and nothing has been done (except pointless poll). Its getting embarrassing.
    Also about Fraser and Titlord - You should get used to have well known griefers not banned on official servers ;) They aren't the only ones.

3. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

The new maps will be in the next update

4. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

So maybe in the next month, maybe not haha. Small stupid change which takes 10-20 minutes to do - but on official servers it's 3-4 months.
    ::D:'n:QQ: at the same time.

5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

When Furai changes the maps of the official servers, he also changes the default mapcycle (since that's what the officials run). Thus it requires an update, and is usually paired with other things.

6. Shen2

Shen2 Drill Rusher

Don't really know how to say this soooo yolo, we need more official admins on eu there's 0 admins most of the time and when they do join they don't stick for like 10 minutes or something, sure you can use the !guard on irc but by the time the admin/guard comes they can't do anything cause the guy would've stopped doing the grief or he got vote kicked which doesn't do much, so can we please re open the admin thread?

7. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

I try to head on any server I can admin when I have the time (including AUS - i fucking hate lag-knighting). EU and US have been particularly quiet when I've been getting on the last few days tho.

8. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

US.jpg EU.jpg
    ^ This. The only admin who's active (too active) is Lefty. He's everywhere now. Before he became an admin I could go on EU server and rat there as long as I want and now? He's counter-rating me every f:anger:king time.
    But seriously, 8x is the only one from Europe (I think) who play for longer than 15 mins... There's a lot of well known griefers not banned on official servers and even when I go on IRC to ask for some help, it's too late.
    We need someone who can record and report those shitters

9. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Just played for about 1h on an EU server.... 4 admins on. Depends on the time, too.

10. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

You should set up a way of recording your game footage, there's a thread about reporting griefers and hackers but you need video evidence in order for them to do anything about it. If you're looking for it go to "Help" then "King Arthur's Gold" and there should be one about reports right at the top. If this isn't an option for you then sorry, go with your idea =3.

11. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

About eu admins...

NO LOVE FOR TOOTH? I'm in there quite a bit, though I think it's early morning for most of Europe. I do what i can m8's working like 50 hours a week :/

And remember if there's no admin around on eu try hopping on aus or us and see if there's one there. I would gladly swap over to take care of a problem and I'm sure everyone else would too.

12. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

If you have problems with rule breakers, then just hop onto the IRC and shout "!guard".

13. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

??
    Also Tooth, this is not how it should be solved. EU should have its own active admins who play there. We all know that some of the griefers are smart and they leave after they griefed (and rejoin after some time to grief again) or they just stop doing it when admin shows up. And as I said - In most cases, it's too late to call a guard, admin on IRC. They leave the server, stop griefing or are kickvoted when they should be banned instead.. Not all people are able to record them.

14. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

Ideally that's not how it should be, but it's one of the easier ways to reach an admin that might potentially be on one of the other few active servers. Most admins I've seen in the last week from 6AM to 11PM (very erratic playing times) are mainly Solaris, Lefty, Tooth, Amestri, Mak, and that's mainly about it. Haven't seen much EU B O I S around.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  15. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Damn mate I was like "HEY YAGGERINO <3"... How could you have forgot me?!??!?!

16. obama_12

obama_12 Bison Rider

can i join /t/X/8H

17. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

US OFFICIAL CTF are all down pls send help

18. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

I think one crashed when I joined it :oops: After that I was trying to seed US 2 but with no luck.
    No KAG tonight, only modded servers are up..

19. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

Alrighty. So, the admins refuse to leave me alone and slowly, they are all being converted. I really enjoy spectating. Kag is one of few games where I can zoom out and have a huge perspective of the entire battlefield to watch all the players and group dynamics in real time. Unfortunately, many of the admins seem to have it in their heads that you MUST play to be allowed on the server. I am completely unaware of any such rule and have scoured the forums front to back to try and find such a rule. However, I have not yet found it.

That being the case, I have come here as a last resort to simply ask if there is indeed such a rule. Anyone who has seen me on a server knows that I spectate far more than I play. I am not AFK (though sometimes I do enjoy F6ing to quiet the spambots) when I spectate and usually comment on plays or just chat with randoms or, on the rare occasion, provide advice to newbies who don't know what they're doing (with a chuckle of course). I am not sure what the logic behind the "people must play" rule is (if it is indeed a rule) as the server populations are fluid and people log in/out the entire game. If this was LoL or DOTA or something similar, then yes, an AFK person would indeed steal a slot and prevent anyone from taking it until that match is over. When I want to join a full server --> "Oh it's full." ....*waits 2 minutes refreshing* "Oh...a slot." *Logs in*. So I really don't see what the issue is there.

So if this is indeed a rule, I would REALLY appreciate seeing someone who owns and directs the admins to at least PM me saying "gtfo the servers if afk or spectating" or post a rule guide for Official Servers somewhere detailing what is allowed and isn't allowed. The "List of Official Servers" doesn't have any rule list that I'm aware of nor are there rules listed on the server description. And as far as I know, Admins enforce the law. They do not write it. The owners of the servers write the rules.

If given a straight answer by someone in charge, I will adhere to whatever commandments thou shall proclaim whilst spreading the word.

Please & Thank you - Jiff <3

20. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

By sitting in spec on a full server you're occupying a slot that could be used by an active player. Just swap out from spec when the server is full/has been for a while. Go back to spec when the server isn't full. Ez fix fam.