1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

On votekicking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Potatobird, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

Thiamor, I really don't like your ideas.
    That is worse than the current system. Sure, let's vote on an innocent dude who has a keg on his back, make him freeze. Why not just randomly freeze everyone who is suspicious? We can just hire random kids as admins so they can freeze who they want.
    If you don't like my idea, then let's put the above posts together:
    -You can turn on and off this system so it won't bother you (would make kicks almost impossible, not enough vote)
    -There is a small camera on the screen which is focused on the accused player.
    -If the player was rightfully kicked before, it takes less vote for the next kicks (this status disappears by time, but this can be abusable)
    Looks like this new vote system is not going anywhere.

2. Boea

Boea Such Beta

The most definitive things to change would be:
    1. Abstain Button
    2. Decrease Screen Clutter (Translucent Window; Small Window; Slide the Window Elsewhere)

Potatobird and Auburn like this.
  3. ShinySkies

ShinySkies Arsonist Staff Alumni
    1. Zen Laboratories

No single system you could implement is flawless, yes it is a pain if someone griefs and the votekick system won't let you kick him for whatever reason it might be, but a video in the screen would bug me as well cause all the innocent votekicks will also pop up and trolls will abuse it!!! Everyone here knows some people in this game are just out there to try to bug and annoy as much people as possible and this sounds like the perfect option to do that.

There should just be something like a 'Call admin' button somewhere with a good set of Guards / Admins to back it up. If the votekick works, no problem, if not, you can call an admin to come. No this is not flawless, I know that!

Fuzzle and rymcd like this.
  4. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

There is a call admin function: simply hop on irc and do !guard.

5. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Yeah you're not a genius for discovering that, dude. Just not everyone sits on irc all day long, not everyone even knows about it... A button is a thing which seems to be more intuitive. Noticable. I feel like it would be used more. Hell more. Even... abused. That's the problem I would fear the most. If it was bound to irc... That would spam guards way too much. So, I think irc IS the best solution for now.

6. Armitage1982

Armitage1982 Shark Slayer

Let's mix ideas :
    - A small camera focusing on suspected griefer while hovering a smaller voting boxes with a third "abstain" option.

Takain likes this.
  7. Takain

Takain Ballista Bolt Thrower

thats horrible :rektlord: false votekicks would annoy the fk out of people
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 3, 2014 ---
    this would be good

8. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

ring ring hello

why yes I'd like to buy one unit of competent admin please

that'll be $69 thank you come again

9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Democracy is participatory. Your average team is about as informed as the American voter population, so votekicks work just about as well.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  10. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

i usually just scream that the griefer is a communist who is destroying american values and liberties

bam, instant kick

11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Kicked. Reason: Muh Freedumbs.

12. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Yeah right, works on an US server. But what if I'm EU?

13. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

duh, call them a gypsy.

Apronymous, Tern and Fernegulus like this.
  14. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Top kek

15. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Get back on topic, that or I'm just locking it.

Klokinator and Noburu like this.