1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

One block gap glitching.

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Acavado, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Tyrianstrasz

Tyrianstrasz Shopkeep Stealer

I've always been of the notion that if there is a glitch/exploit, as many people as possible should know about it, for one it makes the game more equal, since everyone can use it. And two, it alerts the devs to it faster the more people are using it.

Noburu and trelawney like this.
  2. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

I've never heard of it before, though I've seen it used in dirt like this:
    [​IMG]

On the question of whether we should use it or not, idk lol. It's not something I think the devs should leave in, but as long as it's there it's kind of neat to mess around with.

also: what the heck is up with the ingame screenshots and the weird alpha channel?

3. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Yeah, screenshots are behaving strangely. I've found that simply opening the image in paint, then saving it fixes them, but doesn't work with any other image editing program.

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I have to wonder if this is kosher or not, because it is extremely side bias.

If I have admin I kick anyone I see using this as only red team can use it, making it extremely bias, but is there an official stance on using these sorts of structures or tricks in game purposefully?

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

That's not bias. Allowing one side to utilise it is biased. I say we freeze them and warn them.

Noburu and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  6. Auri

Yeah, I posted this more for people who would want to incorporate this in a custom map or something. I could see it being used in ways that both teams could take advantage of it, or to put a twist on Attack/Defense mode.

Plus now that it's out in the open, people can recognize it when it's being used, or even take counter-measures.

A few other notes:
    This can't be used while carrying an outpost or catapult.
    These are extremely easy to grief, all it takes is one well-placed bomb, then it's useless and near impossible to fix.
    The holes also work to some extent with adjacent blocks removed.

ALSO: The direction can actually be changed, but this is as far right-facing as it can go:
    [​IMG]

So it can go to the right but does have to start going left, it can also use conjoined open block spaces. The trajectory can't go any farther right, it also can't go level or point down when going left.

Anyway, for blue team it requires a ton more resources to use effectively, but a clever builder could use this well. (e.g. skybridging, covering tracks while digging into red base from below + turning it into an elevator for the rest of his team.

Still highly favors red team for useability though.

Also, if you're suspect or are afraid of people abusing this, there are several messages sent to the RCON every time someone uses it, saying "SoAndSo's position corrected."

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

The side bias isn't a big deal though, as a million things favour blue.

8. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Which ones?

9. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

I had a weird teleporting knight bug recently, but a bit different. I think its for a different thread

10. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

Wow, it works cheatly. We can dig through the dirt and go to enemy base:)

11. BlueLuigi

Elevators it seems are fucking god tier for blue if used properly, actually honestly squeezing and elevators work great for both teams. The only thing about squeezing is that... well it works great for traps, elevators not so much.

12. Auri

Testing this out in the test build, and this issue has been fixed. It will not work in the next version.

Eggnogg and BlueLuigi like this.
  13. BlueLuigi

This will be gone soon but I will say that if you set the entire thing a tile higher and set teambridges under a builder can vault through, similar to elevators.
    You can do it with ladders too but damn it's hard.

14. Auri

[​IMG]

Yep, apparently adding that extra hole makes it so everyone can use the glitch.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  15. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I still don't know if "we should use this while we can". It seems kind of cheap, especially as it helps red more than blue because it works better right>left than left>right. Also this thread encourages people to use the glitch, especially when taking the hill from blue by teleporting through your stone walls to keep the tunnelers out. Ever since I "figured" out how to teleport on demand I've been avoiding it, and when digging tunnels under people's bases I purposely "mess up" people's attempts to make a teleporter.

It is a cool "feature" if it could work both ways, and very interesting to mess around with. However I believe at this point it isn't right to use it in-game.

16. BlueLuigi

Blue has elevators, almost as easy.

17. I made the regular teleporter and it didn't work... It looked like the one you made with the up 2 over 1. any suggestions or reasons why I could teleport? I don't think the games update patched it over yet

18. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

It only works right>left, so if you built it facing the other way it won't work.

19. I was on blue team so it was right>left. Well actually now that I think about it, Auri's has a sort of entrance. Mine was just a flat wall with a the starting hole.

20. BlueLuigi

That's an 'elevator'.