1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

One block gap glitching.

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Acavado, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Saibot

Saibot Shopkeep Stealer

Other Idea...

2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Tbh, you should've posted this in auri's knight teleport alley thread, it's just a different version for the current build.

3. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Hey, I just tought, that it would be interesting to construct a tower with two, of this type ascensor, one for to go, and one to go back (one on each side). And if you add some of acavado trap, it would be deadly, if enemies, manage to convert the ascensor. You can even build a ascensor without team door, and see enemy just dying, or be badly hurt, when they use it.

IT'S A TRAP !

4. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

its sounds nice, if you build it then share a pic or vid here :)

5. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Yeah, gonna try it this week-end, if I have time to, so you have to wait. It should be inetersting to know how much damage you take. It would difficult for enemies to defuse the trap, but the biggest problem, is to construct the elevator in a tower, and make you're teammate to use it INGAME.
    I've construct an elevator, but other builder was saying that I was doing a "big fat shit". Manage to build it, but turn out to be useless, since no one use it except me.

6. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

anyways, i dont think we should try very hard to make new thing with this elevator thing, zombies build will come sometime next week and they probably fixed this already xD i thought it could be a nice zombie trap but probably the bug will go away :(

7. screen-12-02-14-20-26-49.png
    Yellow arrow: Advancement system. To go forward. You pop out the top.
    Red arrows: Return system. You follow the path and fall towards the ladders
    Green circles: Ladders and catching system. Obviously could be replaced with more humane things like a room at the top
    Cyan circles: Prevention system. So you do no pop out at the wrong spot
    White circles: Non-needed things, pretty much there to make it more accessible whenever I fucked up.

There is one simple problem though. Whenever you get to the slope, following the red arrow, you can pop out the top if you do not hold left.

Obviously you can add avocado traps and corner spikes to make it team safe but not applicable to enemy use without them breaking the whole system.

I made it unreasonably tall for the sake of presentation and to make sure the idea worked. You can most likely make it shorter(under further testing).

Editz:
    Seems I stole your plan :O sorry about that. I'm sure there is an easier way to do this but this was the first one I found. You can add avocado on all of the slope, which is the ones the enemies will probably use :p

Edit 2: Made a compact version, where you hold down the direction you want to go. You can start from either entrance and go to either exit
    Compact.PNG

and I included an unedited picture down below along with a archer base/trapped version for people who wanted to check it out. I can make a video if needed
    unedited.png
    BaseTop.PNG
    Ciao (:

Auri and Chinizz like this.
  8. Saibot

Saibot Shopkeep Stealer

The Trap :

lucasdestroyer likes this.
  9. Sadly not many people that play this game on a team will recognize that as a threat.They will go "C00l what's this" and jump right in. Flame all the builders on your team and grief it ):

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Just wanna say, I'm the guy who originally discovered that exploitable, thank you, thank you.

11. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I originally PMed an admin this guide to explain how to exploit this (apparently) now common glitch. As the original finder, I'll repost it here for everyone to see.

I call it the REMT glitch. (Red's Elevator Manga Tunnel) Because it only works for the red team, it moves you almost instantly across a vast map if you do it right, and like manga it only works from right-to-left. Yes I spent a few days just working out an appropriate name for it.

First, dig underground real deep. Then, cut yourself into a wall TO THE LEFT, at least a 1x2 space.
    [​IMG]
    Important: There has to be a ceiling and a floor beneath you. As long as there's one tile of floor and one tile of ceiling, this glitch will work. In fact, I could make an artificial elevator out of stone if I wanted to.

Next, dig out a space exactly as depicted in the picture. Two tiles parallel to your characters head, and one upwards.

[​IMG]

Now, jump upwards and to the left into it, and HOLD THOSE BUTTONS DOWN. Beware, if you let off the buttons or don't start the next step very quickly, you will die a hilarious glitchy death.

Now that you're inside the wall, start digging a single hole as far ahead of you as the build aura allows. Now, this hole HAS to be upwards, and also to the left. You may not dig downwards, or to the right, with special exception. If there's empty space there, then you can reverse direction (If you do it real fast you won't die) and you'll pop out and upwards at 100 miles an hour. I've killed enemies with a single headstomp using this maneuver.

You may not dig directly to the left however, your dig always has to be at an upward angle. It's just how the glitch works. You can easily evade small patches of limestone, and it's impossible to brick up an entrance, as you can easily get past bricks and stuff. Just trust me, it's easily possible. I just warp right through the bricks.

Should you do it correctly, you'll have a tunnel that looks like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Allies can jump right into it and also use it. Hence why it is possibly the most game changing glitch that this game has ever seen.

There, now everyone can see my full guide to the exploitable.

12. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

a nice "guide" to using this glitch. However there already IS one. Also, blatantly saying you were the first to discover something is just asking for flame. That would be like me saying I was the first to discover that archer is overpowered in build 281.

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I like how that guide was a whole week after my PM. "Don't tell the members or more will exploit it".

That's what I get for leaving the forums lol.

14. Will I get another warning for posting Jean-Luc Picard? Because that's my feeling right now.

JacKD likes this.
  15. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yeah do this on my server and say goodbye to ever playing there again. Glitching to win the game is a dick move and ruins the fun.

Vogie, Zuboki, Worm and 1 other person like this.
  16. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Klokinator: Master of claiming to have created things everyone already knows about.

Ej, Hella, Rayne and 6 others like this.
  17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Orly

http://gyazo.com/02712bca2b420a07831a95e41cc529db
    http://gyazo.com/a751e46693822152106cae50b574c2df

I didn't create anything, I just discovered and reported it, was told to shut up, then it was posted on the forums a week later. Kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

Hell, now there's tons of great guides on how to make structures that exploit this glitch. Silly.

18. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator

In my post I didn't say you didn't discover it first, I was simply warning you that saying "I was the first to do/find so and so" even if you were the first, saying it is asking for flame. I also don't think there really is a need for a guide for this because it will be removed/changed soon, and as a serious exploit, most admins will probably ban people for abusing this.

Pizza, jerloch and Noburu like this.
  19. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

SMFH

PS: Works for blue too.

20. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I think he was suggesting that it's only useful for red, but even then, it's a question of imagination.