1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

One Fan's Quest To Remake Final Fantasy VII... In 2D

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Thiamor, Mar 5, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

[​IMG]

While this may be old, I know the guy who is making it, and he is still working on it. Currently, though, he's looking for artists and such to help lighten his load since right now he has been and is doing all of the work and art himself.

2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

That would be amazing to remake FF. Just dont like the old school graphics.

3. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I'd rather like to see X2 in 2D with FFV's art direction. FVII is overrated.

Fate likes this.
  4. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You do know why it's overrated? Because the majority of the people who played it, like it. There is no such thing as a bad overrated game. That's an oxymoron. I'd like all of the 3D FF titles get a 2D DEMAKE so it gives more people the chance at playing the games on their PC without the need for a high-end gaming rig.

5. MechaTrickster

It's a good thing I didn't say it was a bad game.

6. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

The only thing I hate is the long winded battle scenes.

7. Yawn. It's been done.

I'd much rather see a new Final Fantasy that's actually half decent, and/or 3D remakes of 5 and 6, as thus far they are the only Final Fantasy games to not either get HD sprites (1/2 got HD remakes on the PSP) or 3D games (3/4 were remade for the Nintendo DS).

8. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah but this is a fan, so a "new" Final Fantasy wouldn't be seen.

9. MechaTrickster

Why does it matter if a fan is developing it? It doesn't get a special treatment for being old, and it's definitely not public domain. Nothing is stopping them from making a different entry in the series.

On another note this project will probably get a cease and desist by the time it becomes anything playable like every other major Squeenix remake. These people who want to do fullscale remakes need to look at things such as the "3d Chrono Trigger" remake and learn that you can't speak about your game until it's remotely finished and uploaded on several sites and torrents.

10. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

On the fan spectrum side of things, it's much better creativity wise to work with a preexisting story-set. They already know what to work with. Working on a new series and plastering on the Final Fantasy title, the game will more than likely end up being more like a crappy fanfic in terms of how it progresses.

Also a Cease and Desist isn't a legally binding piece. It's a lawyer's opinion on the matter. Most fan projects just end up quitting after obtaining one due to they are "fans". They don't have the resources to fight them if they had any legit reason to take them to court.

11. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Totally second the notion.

12. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Personally, I would MUCH rather see a remake of FFIX. This was Square's homage to older entries in the series and wasn't tedious and boring. It was also the last stop at the FF train, before it went straight to hell from FFX and on. I would say it's the most underrated game in the series.

13. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well the reason he didn't do 9 is how it kind of involves the need to rotate the camera. He gave a better, detailed reason on it that I can't remember, though if he took XP or VX Ace, he could work in a sort of 2D/3D camera rotation sort of like how Wild Arms did it.

thebonesauce likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi