1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Community App [Open Source] Map Editor 1.3.1

A simple yet powerful Map Editor for King Arthur's Gold! Officially discontinued but Open Source!

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. numpad

numpad Haxor

Thanks for your feedback!
    I also don't really like the GUI at the moment either, especially the fact that you have to go to the options to change pen-size, but this will be changed soon. (RadioActive has very nice ideas regarding design!)
    If you don't want to scroll constantly, you can also click on the pickaxe (lower-right) and enter a block manually. But later you'll be able to set favorites, which will show up on the very top of the block-selection.

I don't really understand what you mean with putting the team related things into the other team? Have you checked Team-Symmetry('Sym Team' where the scripts are) and does this solve the problem?

wilpin7 and BlueLuigi like this.
  2. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

Ok, just testing this now, and I'd like to make a few suggestions:

Your Logo

If it's at all possible, could you make it less nausea inducing? The rapid bouncing makes me feel sick every time I start the editor up.

Controls

If possible, allow scrolling zooming with the mouse-wheel.

Add a key to allow quick movement around the map.

Interface

Not sure if this is my graphics card's fault or the programming's, but when I make the window narrower without changing the height, the text in buttons gets really garbled and unintelligible. Aside from that, the font is very jarring, perhaps you could make it bold?

Instead of clicking to increase the brush size, include a slider, and a variable input box.

Make the max size of the brush bigger.

When zoomed out so far, you could replace the images with colours maybe. As it is now, the program gets kind of laggy when you zoom all the way out, I'm guessing because of the amount of images on screen.

For spikes, and other items on a background, it would be nice if the graphic included the texture of the background behind the spikes.

My Opinion

Overall, I like this program, but it has a long way to go before it makes tools like GIMP and Paint.net obsolete. before I'd use it instead of GIMP or paint.net.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    numpad likes this.
  3. numpad

numpad Haxor

Thank you much for your feedback, it's nice to see so much improvements! :-D

To the Logo: You're right. I think it's pretty annoying, this will be changed soon. (Pro tip: Press space to skip the intro OR modify the first line in MapEditor.jar/content/scr/menu.ps from "showInto = yes" to "showIntro = no" ;-) )

Controls: Scrolling Zooming with mouse-wheel will definetly be added, and the quick movement can be done by WASD, if this is what you mean.

Interface: No, it's not your graphics card's fault, it's my engine's. I developed an engine to make games/programs faster, and since I like making everything myself (like rendering without OpenGL etc), this does not look very nice.
    Max size of brush already on ToDo-list ;-)
    Colors when zoomed out is a nice idea.
    And the background for spikes etc. is now also on the ToDo-list.

Thank you much! :heart:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants likes this.
  4. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

I mean, I find the default movement speed is slow, not sure if anyone else does, but it'd be nice to be able to either A) set the scroll speed in the program or B) have a boost key, like, pressing shift+WAS or D would move around faster.

5. numpad

numpad Haxor

Yeah, this is already on the ToDo. ;-) (I guess I should link it in the Thread)

BlueLuigi and Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants like this.
  6. numpad

numpad Haxor

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
  7. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Hmm, it seems to freeze up when i attempt to export a map (doesn't save it, either).

Starsly and numpad like this.
  8. numpad

numpad Haxor

What OS are you using? And try running the editor with a terminal ("java -jar Map Editor.jar"). Then export a map again and show me a screenshot / the content of what the terminal printed.

9. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Windows 7, and i'm slightly computer retarded, so i don't know how to run it with a terminal..

10. numpad

numpad Haxor

Assuming you have the "Map Editor.jar" on your Desktop, press Windows-Key + R, input "cmd" in the textbox and press enter. Now write "java -jar Map Editor.jar" (if the .jar-File is called 'Map Editor') and try to export something. It now should print something to the console. Send me an image or the content as text and I try to fix it :-)

Starsly likes this.
  11. Starsly

Starsly Bison Rider

Heres da crash,

[​IMG]
    you better get this thing working becuase I fucking hate scrolling though palettes and the wiki in paint.net to make a map

12. numpad

numpad Haxor

Okaay, you have admin permissions right?
    Add me on Skype/Steam to fix this faster ;-)

13. White_Rock

White_Rock Catapult Fodder

Yo! Same problem as above , freezing when i export. I can't acess the Java via the command console, even when i i run as adminstrator. Windows 7, latest edition.

14. numpad

numpad Haxor

15. bout

bout Shark Slayer

It doesn't work correct for me. ::(:

16. numpad

numpad Haxor

Please add me on Skype (christian345200) and tell me, what doesn't work (correct)?

17. Khaleesi

Khaleesi Mother of Dragons Donator
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Nice Program. I will try it later :)

18. Reality69

Reality69 Bison Rider

you Fixe : Game freezes when exporting maps. is no work and importing map

19. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

I made new epic map...
    This time in your programm...
    THE EXPORT ISN'T WORKING IN 1.2.1 >:{
    FU-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U
    :spam::QQ:

jackitch likes this.
  20. numpad

numpad Haxor

I'm very sorry!
    I can't figure out why many people seem to have problems with exporting. If you really want to help me, add me on Skype (christian345200) and I will do everything possible to help you.

Noburu likes this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey