1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Community App [Open Source] Map Editor 1.3.1

A simple yet powerful Map Editor for King Arthur's Gold! Officially discontinued but Open Source!

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. numpad

numpad Haxor

I guess the map-system works pretty much the same in both 'versions', but I'm not 100% sure, maybe you want to test it out?

2. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

Same colors? Will be testing it out then :) thanks for the quick reply.

numpad likes this.
  3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

The tree system is just different; in kag beta you place one (another colour) block on the ground, and on kag classic you have to do the tree by yourself (how high it is.)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    numpad likes this.
  4. numpad

numpad Haxor

Great, thanks!

5. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

I tried using the editor, but i kept getting major lag issues when i went to execute a script

Asu likes this.
  6. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

same

7. numpad

numpad Haxor

Yeah, sorry for that. Actually, I (for now) discontinued the work on this project, and for security reasons I disabled scripts. (Everybody can now look at what scripts can do and how they work and this is definetly not very safe since they could harm you.)
    If you want to get them to work again, have a look at the GitHub Repo and try fixing it yourself ;)

However, this could also be a problem with Java 1.8 and it's JavaScript engine Nashorn which causes trouble with old scripts, the best way to get ""scripts"" working would be to hardcode it. Maybe do something like this:

In the source file EditorState.java , replace lines 582-584 with something like this:

Code:
    //Checks for Keypress 'q'
    if (Input.down(Key.Q)) {
        // loops trough every block with point (x|y)
        for (int x = 0; x < blocks.length; x++) {
            for (int y = 0; y < blocks[1].length; y++) {
                // if block is dirt...
                if (blocks[x][y].tile.name.equals("dirt")) {
                    // ...replace it with a grassblock
                    blocks[x][y] = new Block(Tile.getTileByName("grass"));
                }
            }
        }
    }

Haste likes this.
  8. stees

stees Builder Stabber

Wow, this is great! I must make maps or die!

Here's some notes I picked up from the last 6 pages in this thread
    1) Scripts don't work , right now they are turned off
    2) Exporting: Don't have any spaces in the path of the folder that contains MapEditor.jar (just put it in a folder directly on your root drive C:\)
    3) Importing: put the .png file you want to import in the same folder as MapEditor.jar and re-name it import.png

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Can you make a save function? so you can save a map, exit out of the editor than come back and work on it?

10. numpad

numpad Haxor

Why not export it and import the image later? Works technically as save and load.
    When you export your map it's saved as 'export.png', if you want to import it rename it to 'import.png' and, well, import it.

11. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

oh, thanks, I tried to import but it just froze, thanks for the help :)

12. Killy07

Killy07 Bison Rider

How do i upload my made maps to Iko's CTF Adventure? Tell me please! :r_flex:::)::flex:

13. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Send them to the host

14. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

send the .pngs at forum to me or to Icewuerfel

15. Killy07

Killy07 Bison Rider

Done it already! :knight::knight::archer::archer::builder::builder:[​IMG] :migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::castle:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 19, 2015 ---
    By the way,has it been uploaded?

16. Classic version?

17. KArth

KArth Ballista Bolt Thrower

How do I actually download this? No matter what I click on I get a Redirecting... on the page, but its not doing anything.

18. KArth

KArth Ballista Bolt Thrower

19. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

The link to your map editor doesn't seem to work anymore. I have it but perhaps some others and possibly I would need it again in the future. Perhaps you should upload it here on the forums if you choose to do so. This awesome program should never gets lost.::):

Mods: Downburst, Mazey