1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on a macro...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Lava, Oct 26, 2016.

?

Bring back the macro?

Poll closed Oct 27, 2016.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Several things:
    • I did not know the concrete definition of hacking in my original post(hence why i put it between an area for me) and i was later informed that it involves modifying the local client. Still totally unfair of a thing to use but i did consider it to maybe have been the wrong term.
    • "fairness" is relative in my experience.
    • No. I do not think, on a keyboard, it is humanly possible to hit the space button 4 times and successful drop a double bombjump.
      If admitting to hacking can be seen as evidence to never remove a ban then an admittance should be evidence for everything and anything.Considering Geti himself said that bludy would not be unbanned ever because the admission, then i think it counts(especially because it was at the end of the day geti's decision). Also i dont care what furai says personally. I remember a time when he told me, when i questioned the derpy forum rules, that the most important rule was "commonsense". If he cannot be trusted to use simple commonsense in, say, a report section(where he has repeatidly allowed shitposts to go up but not real reports with evidence) then i dont value many things coming from him. Furthermore he has locked threads because "too much bug discussion" and "this will start a flamewar"<when the thread had no inflamatory elements so i do not consider his handling of the rules to be consistent.
    As for the last sentence, you could always just delete my comments. It worked when someone made a harmless thread questioning the evidence the first time.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    an_obamanation likes this.
  2. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

It is possible if you have enough lag

EhRa likes this.
  3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

You can spam space and c to light and drop bombs very fast (without a macro). It is possible to do a double bomb jump like this without lag but you don't get launched so fast and high. @PUNK123

Magmus likes this.
  4. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You do sometimes, if you get close enough the the center of the explosion. It's pretty hard to get three simultaneous bombs usually, but with internet like lava's you could probably do it by hand as well.

Magmus likes this.
  5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Your high latency bugily making your bombs lit and drop all at the same time=/= hitting the button 4 times fast enough to have the bombs set off at the same time. Also making this buggy mechanic consistent throughout the game definitely isnt the solution(no matter how much fun it is to have the advantage).
    I attempted it in sandbox afew times(using several different combinations of clicking and key-binding) and humanly possible clicking the keys you can drop 2 on the floor but the second one releases like 1/10 of a second after the first(making a slightly stronger bomb jump). Again big big big difference from the crap that he pulled off in the video.

6. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

It's like 70% lag since most people on EU/US servers have somewhat high ping. Macros will help but even a bit of lag causes the bombs to light at nearly the same time even if you spam by hand.
    Even though I've experimented with macros in the past I still would prefer if they're not used. Some keyboards/mice don't have this feature so some people can't use them (if they're allowed). If macros allowed mouse movements I would be 100% against macros.

Magmus likes this.
  7. Potatobird

Yeah you can't do it in sandbox, latency is involved, it only works in real servers. It's not too hard to put out two bombs at the exact same time even in like 66 ping range, actually. What I do is I just literally smash the shit out of my space bar with both of my thumbs. I don't really use this technique anymore though, I'd rather use the bombs midair because it makes me feel cool

Magmus, Lava, EhRa and 1 other person like this.
  8. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Seriously? You're agreeing with macro usage? Yeah, of course you cannot enforce it, but you can discoursge it. It's not fair, it's not within the game and it's not right to do. Just because it's possible to do it without a macro (well, in some cases not even that) doesn't mean it's okay because humans are naturally inaccurate and imperfect.

Anyway, gonna make a bunch of macros later today and rek noobs.

daskew87 and PUNK123 like this.
  9. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Macros aren't exactly changing the files to make you, say move faster.

The bomb jumping is possible without a macro, I've done it before. Most servers let you do it, even (as said before) with 33+ ping, depending on how fast you click/press.

I think a main problem with macros is using it to spam chat, or linked with glitches (say jumping and placing s block allowing for guaranteed glitches).

10. Lava

Me too but you can't carry a keg OR do it with lag so...

And if anyone would like a video of me doing the macro under any other circumstances just ask.

11. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

You can always stick with a double keg bomb jump. It's somewhat easy to do with any ping and doesn't require a macro.

EhRa likes this.
  12. Potatobird

Yes, I have been discouraging it. I'm one of the ones who asked him not to use it. Unfortunately discouraging it doesn't really affect clowns like you, who are more than willing to take advantage of it being impossible to enforce.

And while this one is an example of a macro that is pretty difficult to determine, maybe there are some that are more obvious.

13. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

If you'd read the rest of the replies, it is full of people (including the developer of the game) saying that using macros is perfectly fine. Sure some people are going to do it anyway, but discouraging it at least stops people like Lava who will follow the rules even if they don't have to. And I never use macros mate.

daskew87 likes this.
  14. Lava

I'm going to do what Geti said, If people say don't do that I won't use that in a game with them, but if they're not there ill use it.

EhRa and epsilon like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi