1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Option to move the chat box

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by abels, Jun 9, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. abels

abels Yes. Yes i am Abel to do it!!! Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Option to move the chat box
    whenever im on the blue team, and i use ballistas, the chat box is always in the way and you need to have your mouse hovered over it. yes it might sound lazy but if your constantly using ballistas it gets annoying.
    Solution: could be an option to move the chat box
    - a small preview in the settings menu that allows you to press on one of the screens corners.
    - a preview in settings that lets you drag the box to the position (allowing you to move it anywhere on the screen).

or
    when you hover the mouse over the text box ALL chat disappears.

@LegendBeta

watermelon200, Anonymuse and heX_ like this.
  2. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

@abels there's a command to move the chat box. Open the console and type:
    To move the chat box vertically use:
    /cc_valign 1 to move it to the middle
    /cc_valign 0 to move it to the top.
    2 is default.

To move it horizontally:
    /cc_halign 0 - to the left
    /cc_halign 1 to the middle
    2 is default.

So if you use /cc_valign 0 and /cc_halign 1 the chatbox should be on the top mid / map position.
    screen-15-06-09-10-30-46.png
    Edit: After you type the command and press enter, chat box will not move. To see the changes, you have to open the chat, so just close the console and hit enter, T or whatever button you use to open the chat.

There's only one problem. It goes back to default when you close the game, so you have to type those commands everytime you start the game.
    Devs, Modders I know it's not really important, but it should not be that hard (I guess) to fix it. It would be also cool to move map somewhere else.. I dont use it, so chatbox in the top mid is ok for me. Just fix the issue, please.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
  3. abels

abels Yes. Yes i am Abel to do it!!! Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Thankyou!!! <3

4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I would still like an option in the options menu, I mean along with all other things including cl_name and sv_test even.

5. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

This is how it should be, J-man. More options in the options menu, save / load map buttons in sandbox, movable map and chat box to any position you want and much more, but this is KAG. We can talk about it and wait a few months so maybe it will be added. I just want them to fix the issue with saving these settings (and head going back to default as well).

J-man2003 likes this.
  6. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

+1 for loadable/savable maps, and for the moving chat box, well needed.

7. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

you already can save maps (using RCON)
    /savemap NAME
    /loadmap NAME

8. cameron

cameron THD Team THD Team Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I am fairly sure if you edit those variables in your autoconfig.cfg rather than through the console, then you wont have to change the values every time. I haven't tested it, but I remember it working in classic.

9. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Just tested it, if you change those values in autoconfig.cfg they are permanent! Awesome!

Now... are there commands to move the minimap?

Edit: when you type something it resets to default position, useless.

10. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

I tested it long time ago, did not work, Cameron. When you relaunch the game, chatbox is where you wanted it to be, but when you hit enter - it goes back to default.

Anon there's no command/option to move the minimap.

This is kinda weird because it remembers console position, but no chatbox...

Mods: Rainbows