1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Our community is playing King Arthur's Gold this week!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jomskylark, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Sounds good. I might pop in since I don't mind staying up late :).

2. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

I guess I came off harsh as well. Please accept my apologies Jomskylark :)

I'll see if I can get some of the Goon Haven community to join in as well. I'm also happy to lend my server to your cause (I can adjust the max to whatever is necessary, currently 32).

3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Awesome how adamantly this community defends the game. Interested in seeing what this might do for the servers.

4. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

check your pm's sky :)

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

How many Playdaters are expected at the focus time roughly?

6. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

So basically, reddit is pickin' a server to do a stream on for the game KAG and it with be the 4th-5th of Feb?

Sounds fun but.....

For some reason I don't like reddit, I wonder why........
    And my birthday is the 5th, so might not be able to play. ^-^

But if later you give more specific times and places on where everything is, I'd love to come. :D

7. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator

How old are you turning, nine? :p

I'm an active Redditor myself, and your statements about hating redditors are FAR to broad. Sure, half the community is either Ents or Aethiest, but what's wrong with that? My point: don't hate on a huge group of people so fast. Reddit may be responsible for more stuff than you think...

Miaow likes this.
  8. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Turning 6 actually. ;)

And I like redditors. Just I don't like some of there Minecraft community, that's all.

Wonkyth likes this.
  9. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

There's more of a Minecraft mentality than just a reddit one. But Happy 3rd Birthday for whenever it is :P

10. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Once again! /v/ vs /r/.
    I dot care who wins, as long as 9gag doesn't win....

Anyway, happy to see some 'older' people playing this game. I hope you'll understand this game without a proper tutorial, if you have any questions feel free to join #kag @ quakenet.org

11. thebonesauce

"Older"? How old is "older"? I'm 25.

12. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

'older' is 20+ and I think the average reddit player is 20+, that's more than the 15yo average kag has right now (guess)

13. thebonesauce

I guess I'm not surprised.

14. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

We're getting closer to the time,so you guys going to host a server for it or not?
    And if not which server to play on(If there's space).

15. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Reddit... Older... All my lulz. Also you should avoid calling reddit /r/ in that context

16. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Well, you could of just skipped this and played on a already populated server. Instead of bothering with this post and whatnot.

17. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Quite a few good players are browsing the forum,maybe they want to play with some better people at first then the regulars.
    Besides if they like it,they can pick up a few tricks from them.

Rayne likes this.
  18. One

I see your point, sometimes servers are filled with the type of players you dont necessary want to battle with, people are to quick to throw insults around these days. Dont want to give KAG a bad name now do we?

19. Xiphosuran

Xiphosuran Shopkeep Stealer

Don't let Reddit get a hold of KAG. You guys remember what they did to Ace of Spades...

Edit: Well, that^ was more that the developer was taking notes from Reddit users, which (I hope) I doubt the KAG developer wouldn't allow to happen. There's a forum here for a reason, so that we can deliberate and suggest new ideas. I don't mind the idea of new people joining the community, and I think it's kind of general to say everyone from Reddit is a 14-year old meme spammer and an idiot.

I mean, there's obviously plenty of those migrating all over from that website, but we shouldn't generalize based on the content of a website that millions of people use everyday.

20. One

I have been playing this game for 2 days now. and a bunch of the community are 12-14. (the bad kind) they all think im 25 or 30 because i use grammar in game, I'm only 17. not to mention that everyone calls me hacker whenever i go on the bar brawl server, just because i know how to sheild bash.
    To the point... i agree that there's no need for more idiots, this game has enough. don't bring any into this game, try to bring smart people, or maybe just nice people.

(No offense to anyone, this game is awesome.)

Valkyrie likes this.