1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Overworld and Adventures

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirSalami, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Elves should be forced to never use wood resources or be able to grab them.

2. dylanduran

dylanduran A Most Extraordinary Gentleman Donator

I have done that once, though it was on a server with only about 10 people, with one life each ^^
    As for the hardcore 'permadeath' idea, yes, I would prefer that to something like say, 5 lives per character because, well, that would kinda ruin the concept of roleplay if you can suicide rush a castle with a keg, resulting in not only your death, but about 5 other people on the enemy team.

3. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

[​IMG]

But seriously, I love the interest in roleplaying. Gives me hope.

keyofdoor likes this.
  4. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

I mean the roleplays with decent content is acceptable, but the ones you see the anime cos player's participate inmakes you shiver. However, roleplaying already does exist in in KAG when someone yells out "For the king!", it really does make me smile to see people honoring the medieval theme.

Dark_Ham likes this.
  5. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

I'm really looking forward to this! It's such a simple yet awesome idea.

6. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Oh yeah, I hate roleplaying like that...I agree. I'm not that hardcore of a roleplayer. Like I would never text base roleplay alone, but with all the visuals of KAG I'd be more than happy to immerse myself into the medieval world.

7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Wait what. How does this relate to Overworld and Adventures, besides being a medieval-themed story thing?

... are you trying to be a likewhore? I hope not.

8. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

It's a story of something that COULD happen in Overworlds.
    I have a bit too much imagination.

9. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Keyofdoor, you should probably make that story in a seperate thread int he General Discussion forums. It would be easier to appreciate it then, and it wouldn't clog up this thread which should have died long ago. :p

There's also a thread called the 'Hypothetical Overworld Circlejerk' or somesuch, which is the best place to contribute your ideas for this sort of thing.

10. Contaron

Contaron Shopkeep Stealer

Wouldn't having lives kinda' ruin the idea of permadeath?

11. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

5 lives per player, permadeath AND respawns.

12. Contaron

I have not played too many games with permadeath but I'm sure that none of them had respawns...

13. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Well limited lives would be more accurate, I feel thats a good compromise between inf continues and permadeath.

14. Contaron

But you just can't respawn in a game where if you die you die permanently.

15. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Well, look at a game like Realm Of The Mad God. That game has permadeath... If your character dies, he DIES. No getting him back. It works out pretty well, so I imagine they'll be able to incorporate this somehow.

16. Contaron

Exactly! And anyway, permadeath makes you CARE about your character.
    So instead of: :>:(:Now i have to walk for a minute or two to get back! No fair!
    We Have: :skull:

17. knightl

knightl Base Burner

i've been playing salem and the whole idea seems like what i've imagined overworld to be

and just like you said contaron it is alot more fun if you have to care for your character

18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

It's certainly not gonna be like CTF where you just divebomb into swarms of enemies, dying over and over and over with little to no repercussions... That would suck to have an absolutely stacked knight and then end up screwing yourself by falling off a tower or getting attacked by a few higher level knights... Everything gone. Forever alone. [​IMG]

19. knightl

knightl Base Burner

I in all truths can't wait to see how many of my foes fall for the simplest traps and watching them fall into spikes (or a dungeon with no way out idk)

20. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I can't see a half-way point between infinite lives and permadeath coming out anything other than half-assed.

If you have 5 (or whatever) lives then inevitably you'll start out feeling free to play recklessly and lose a life or two because, hey, you've got more lives; but when you're low on lives then suddenly you have to get all cautious because you're going to run out of lives if you're not careful --> and then some bastard with full lives does a suicide bombing to finish off your character because, hey, he's got more lives...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.