1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Overworld and Adventures

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirSalami, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

See now thats how i'd like it, mages being so hard to actually get up there, would you really want to risk him just to shoot fireballs ? Merlin didnt become Merlin by racking up kills ! Thats why i thought a 'mage' class should start out with no spells at all, and a basic staff for melee attacks. That way, making your own wizard independently would be extremely difficult, "it takes a village to raise a wizard" or something like that :P this would cut back on the amount of wizards in the game, they'd need sheltered and aided to find the spell tombs and such.

And maybe their should be a diminishing return on wizards per side, like their mana is channeled from one of these 'semi magical' rooms, like a Wizards Tower, so if you have many wizards on a side they are sharing a mana pool of a sorts. Kinda like Age of Wonders :O

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We're still tossing up how we want to do MP. We'll take that into consideration.

3. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

Mb ammo for magic - mana pots or mana crystals, mb like arrows and bombs for knight and archer now.
    1 spell action = 1 mana pot or mana crystal = 100 coins(or other way to get it, ...not in shop)

Not in shop (mana crystal or mana pot):
    1. pve = loot from bots (from boss)
    2. harvest from flying islands like in this image(need flying transport - need engineer, mb like builder )
    [​IMG]
    3. dig in 2 deep like miner and get it like gold(need better stuf for mining, mb mining drill)
    4. Explore the world and find in crypts, chests, hiden place and other - like tomb rider
    5. To dive a little deeper, if the water in the plans
    6. from other players(trade)
    7. other way

4. Contaron

Contaron Shopkeep Stealer

The 'half magic' idea is pretty good. It would make you like a demi-wizard of sorts.;)
    Also would there be a difference between the religions?
    The catholics could focus more on healing and their character would be a monk/nun. Also, there should be angels!:D
    The celts could focus more on battle so damage buffs an so on.
    The norse could focus on the defensive side of battle so damage reduction and so on.
    Also is the type of demi-magic you are aiming for something like a pray spell where you pray for your dead comrade and he revives a little bit faster? That could help with battles as your guys could come back just that little bit faster.
    And I'm guessing the castle buffs are stuff like more hits than usual are needed to break a single castle block.
    And how would the charms work?
    Would they be single use or constant?

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I had an idea for necromancy- to make it a really dark art kind of thing make it so that you can only get it by beating a lich dungeon and then killing a fellow player character at the altar at the end of it. It would be a hard dungeon requiring a party and with great loot even for those with strong loyalties- but to get the real power you have to betray someone who has at least superficially trusted you.

This would also create a sort of emergent drama (let me tell you the story of how Findude betrayed bactra and how his former friends and allies fought to stop his undead army from takign the world) and would add additional downsides to becoming a necromancer, ie the no-friends lots of enemies thing.

BlueLuigi, Monsteri and Noburu like this.
  6. Contaron

Or you could just bring a few slaves, you know, whichever makes it easier. (reminds self to 'forget' the slaves) ;)

7. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

You should make magic a legend of the distant past (as it had not existed during the wars for King Arthur's Gold). The only magic that is visible is necromancy in the form of zombies. The overworld and adventures takes place in a world after King Arthur's Gold after all. The never ending war for racial supremacy has ended with mutual distruction on both sides and the rise of zombies has begun resulting from the corpses of the fallen absorbing the magic. The great FinDude has secured power over the horde of undead. It would be up to the veterans of the old wars and newcomers to travel across the new world in order to rebuild civilization and save mankind from the horde of undead. The brave warriors will face harrowing dangers from bandits to magical beasts once thought to exist only in legend.... etc etc bla blah mumbo jumbo rainbows and fairies. I agree with Contrary's necromancy idea. Also making Excalibur fit in somewhere would be a fun node to King Arthur lore.

8. Contaron

There would be other types of magic but the most visible would be the zombies.
    Also there would be the religious type too.

9. DeathBomber

DeathBomber Shipwright

will all this be only premium? there should be a free for all version for it!

10. Contaron

If they are not going to give zombies to free players they won't give this.
    Besides, this uses zombies!

AHrEJl likes this.
  11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

DeathBomber: We want to be paid for our work. If we could find a way to survive on donations like the bay12games guys do, then we would. As it is, the overwhelming majority of KAG players don't want to give us a cent if they can help it, so we need to provide incentives. This is our job, I assume (if you have a job) you ask for money in return :)

I like the necromancy idea Contrary. We were planning on the epic occult quest but the betrayal element is nice. Would be quite fun to lead a noob on your quest only to murder them. I think you might be able to gain followers if you can promise them glory and power as your loyal acolytes as well (a job which mostly involves tending to the zombies and constructing mana for the necromancer, with a little bit of mind control voodoo in there for good measure/to prevent mass acolyte suicide).

Yes the different religions would give different buffs and nerfs. The Norse "religious" unit wouldn't even be a priest, for example, it'd likely be a berserker as all the norse stories were perpetuated via folklore not formal preaching, and bersekers are awesome. I need to look into asian medieval religion. Religion lets you designate a civilisation to play. Obviously any one crest will be limited to one religion.

Contaron: Things like making the castle blocks stronger, increasing the speed of all allied units inside some radius, etc. The effect of a charm (single use or long-term) would likely depend on the charm.

Fellere: We're certainly going to try to fit more king arthur lore in there when we get the chance. The grail, excalibur and nods to merlin (likely in the form of artifacts) are intended.

Rayne, AJ, Noburu and 1 other person like this.
  12. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Maybe have Excalibur as an Item that lets the king (and only the king) become a unit called Arthur? Have it last for only an hour(or up to a day) then get sent back into the world to be refound.

13. DeathBomber

DeathBomber Shipwright

Geti: I just asked whre there would a smaller version of this thing for f2p , while the main thing would be for premium anyway , If I could I would have paid to play this game.

14. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I doubt there will be a small version,why cant you pay?
    Aside from creating paypal for the first time its easy enough.

15. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

No offense but, get a job or ask your parents for money.

16. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Never underestimate stingy parents! Took me a month to convince my mother that Minecraft was worth it! And that was just so I could use her paypal account to buy it with my own money...

DeathBomber likes this.
  17. Geti

Most modern banks allow a debit card with youth accounts. Visa also do prepaid credit cards. There are a lot of ways to buy stuff on the internet.

18. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

My parents threw me in a pit with wolves as an infant to prove I was worthy.. Oh wait, wrong lifetime.

19. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I will assume you died afterwards.

KnightGabe13, Neat and Monsteri like this.
  20. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

Well uh. Yeah. =/

KnightGabe13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.