1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Panky's AntQueen [ACCEPTED]

Discussion in 'Accepted Maps' started by PUNK123, Aug 4, 2016.

1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Map name:Panky's AntQueen
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features: An idea stolen from one of my older incomplete maps: a scale-able mid structure(control the sky just seems like fun). Beyond that there's um........um......:chicken:s? Oh and mid allows for a bunch of different strategies.
    Map: AntQueen.png
    EDIT:made movement below alittle more fluid

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Epic mid, finally you stopped making flat bullshit, love it. Hopefully the shiterator that took over this forum section will accept your map.

@EDIT: Mazey edited this post, what a shiterator.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    PUNK123 likes this.
  3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I love the ability for different strats and movement. +11111

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The water idea seems ok.
    Now what I think that should be changed.
    Having too small space between tent and flag makes base-rape more likely to happen; the area where you would logically place the base should be a bit flatter in my opinion, and the backdirt arms at mid make it easy to climb and make cata-to-base towers with pretty small effort. Also, 6 trees on each base leads to wood spam.

I made some modifications respecting the map idea:

idefk5_modified.png

- Made base space longer (by putting the tent pixel closer to the edge) and flatter
    - Removed 3 trees from each base
    Removed the backdirt on the top for making it harder to build dicktowers and for having the feeling of "being at the very top of the map"
    - Added some stone and mosy stone blocks background for inmersion at entering the caves

I would also usually reduce the height of the map, so even if you have space, you don't think of making a dick tower as in MileniumBell or Tresflags (also helped by the fact that there's plenty of paths to choose in these 2).

Magmus likes this.
  5. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

+1 for just name
    and, uh, finally maps with mid other then just hill/straight ways/nothing, kewl \o/

6. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

-is attacking the base really that bad of a thing
    -Do not get the need to lengthen the spawn level(or flatten)
    -Other maps have 6+ trees at each team's side i dont get why it is so wrong for this one. The farther the trees are out the more likely they will not be used ever(proven science :V)
    -backarm dirt is literally 90% of this map and just like alienfrogassault it will not be changed regardless of anyone's and everyone's opinion(i know im a whiny brat when i say something like that but those type of things are the only reason i enjoyed the creation of the map.)
    -Dont know how I feel about just throwing stone blocks down there. Im more open to that thought than touching the antennae

EDIT3: idefk5.png
    -lowered height alittle bit(it is now 50 blocks tall wtf how)
    -removed a seed(looked stupid on png and i feel like 5 seeds is fine)
    -will look into trying to into stone/mossy stone later when im done with my new map.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Ant queens do not exist.

Oh, accepted btw

PUNK123 likes this.