1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Petition to change MLK rules involving who wins the game

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by Blue_Tiger, Oct 3, 2015.

?

Remove ticks past mid & ticks to cap from MLK rules to allow ties?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Why the f**k did they tell you "in 2 weeks"? I mean, what is the point? the league has already started.
    I'm not blaming you, but them...

2. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

^^^^^^^

Can anyone who voted against this petition please give me a good reason in favour of the ticks rules. I don't want any "the league arleady started" bs, vote against for that, that's fair enough, but I want a legitimate reason for the ticks. Because I still haven't got one. The only thing there is is "it removes ties" but that's a shit reason in an ELO league.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  3. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

The maps have no problem, the maps are as good as they can get in my opinion.

And about the rules, what was wrong with the rules of mlk season 1? i think those were just fine.

4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Smth was not agreeing with a lot of ties so he invented those ideas to prevent ties ^

5. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

I will not vote, because I think the set of rules has no real importance, as long as we have one that seems mostly functional. These discussions should be stopped.

6. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Oy, if rules are hard to get by some players, they must be simplified or changed. Its better to play with simple rules and get a lot of ties, then get shitloads of strange rules noone get, and it will be so fucked there will be endless conversations of they won or they lost

7. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

What is the point of changin rules WHILE the league is still goin?! Matches have been played with those rules, at least stick with them until the end of this season.
    ^ This is not a bs excuse, if you don't like the rules, don't play at all. They decided the rules in IRC or whatever, they did a poll about that specific tick thing, people preferred that one--> That's it

8. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Why can't you change the rules during a season? Maybe matches have been played with these rules but does it all really matter? Many people don't like these rules ( me included) and for me it takes away a bit of the fun of playing competitive kag.

9. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber

Im totally with amestri on this, stop changing the rules.

10. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

It's obvious that those who are against this rule, either doesn't frickin' understand its purpose, and / or believe it's the reason they've been raped. When it comes to matches across continents it's brilliant. Give it a frickin' chance. In this season a win is undoubtful / fair, yet IIRC there's tons of brawls back in S1.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 4, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 4, 2015 ---
    Cry ..

11. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I would love to get a challenge rule. Apex hasn't gotten a single match since this league begun. If this league is truly supposed to be competitive all clans should be able to fight each other AT LEAST ONCE.

12. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni

Just let the league run through one season and then consider changes. Complaining mid way through a season is the BEST way to see a league die and an even BETTER way to make clans unenthusiastic about coming back for another league if another one is killed over people complaining about predetermined rules.

13. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Ask. That's how it works.

14. Well if I could give you a good reason it would be because: with only 2 matches a clan war, ties are inevitable in intercontinental matches. So if we have no ticks every match is a tie basically and where is the fun in that?
    Ticks past mid is good in most occasions but when you're down the team gives up but today we played a scrimmage with FOD and in the last seconds they stole both flags and won even though we had a 1000 tick lead.

If you actually wanted to remove ticks we would need 3 matches not 2 to avoid 9/10 games being a tie.

15. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

make eu vs us play the final game in australia:bird::rekt::thumbs_up:

16. jadle1

jadle1 Builder Stabber

Is there a good reason why there can't be 3 matches?
    To me, this ticks rule not only makes the league overly complicated, but as a frequent spectator, it also makes games less interesting to watch. Several of the matches I've seen end up going on for quite awhile beyond when the game has already been won. It's hard to stay interested in matches like that.
    I'd advocate for these kinds of changes to take place for S3.

17. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni

Rules shouldn't change just because specs aren't interested lol. If there were three matches there would be an even bigger debate on how to handle inter continental matches. So the notion that having three matches will magically fix everything is simply false.

18. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

the problem is when a US clan plays against an EU Clan, we can not do a b03. Because it's one match on each server.
    We already talked about that like 10000 times.
    And please do not ask me why do not make a B02/B03, because i think i will kill you.

19. Yeah we used to have BO3 but people whined on it and we made it BO2
    And I don't get why I was quoted :p didn't get a response I don't think

20. jadle1

jadle1 Builder Stabber

Wasn’t meaning to suggest that it should be moved to bo3 format, just wasn’t aware of why it shouldn’t be. No need to kill anyone, thanks.

Really? Almost any other game with an actual competitive scene would probably have a very different opinion.