1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Petition to change MLK rules involving who wins the game

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by Blue_Tiger, Oct 3, 2015.

?

Remove ticks past mid & ticks to cap from MLK rules to allow ties?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

Dota? LoL? CS:GO? Games that are much more polished than KAG will ever be? I don't want to go any more off topic than that, but I think people need to understand that the nature of competitive in KAG will always be different than games that have hundreds of thousands of players daily. Not really sure changing a method of breaking ties is going to make you any more interested. The league should run its course (literally a month of freeplay left btw) for now. If there is a BO2, people will complain. If there is a BO3, people will still complain.

2. jadle1

jadle1 Builder Stabber

Again, not advocating for bo3. I'm not saying we should pretend that KAG will ever have a scene like League or Counter Strike. I just think doing away with fairly obtuse rules like these would help other people get engaged in the competitive scene. And I agree that any changes should wait until this season is finished.

3. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Just do BO4 already, lol
    If its 2-2 then it should be tie, simplistic, nop?

4. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

5 hours per match?

6. BarsukEughen555

Why not kek
    Tis newfags shouting its 2 much should go at their school and play games for obese
    WE'R TRU WARRIORS
    WE FIGHT FOR 10 HOURS PER DAY

7. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber

Unfortunately only BAR and FIST are up for this challenge.

8. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

ill fight you for ten hours bish; Irregardless, i think itd be semi-cool to remove visibility of ticks until the game ends. Might add a sense of suspense for both spectators and players(people will try harder if they dont know theyre winning by 100 seconds imo),but i also see how some people would want to know during the war. Still i feel like it shouldnt be completely transparent(then again i see how some people might see it as strategic)

9. BarsukEughen555

I quess ppl will just sit with timers and calculators then lol

10. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I was thinking about doing this, but I wasn't sure

11. Personally the ticks should be removed for straight up tickets, because clan wars have been far more interesting when it becomes sudden death and teams will have to work together and be more strategic rather than an all out rush over and over again. Also it should be Bo3, that way a team who lost the first match doesn't lose the clan war outright (which happens in nearly every clan war in this MLK). This rule discussion should have been done before the season began and their should have been a public vote on the rules, not a private one. I find these rules to be partly broken and written to favour AG# supposedly; i say the rules should be reverted to the original, traditional rules for clan wars and remove all this useless, complicated tick rules and other stuff which is killing what clan wars are meant to be: two organized teams (clans) versing each other in a test of skill and strategy to show who is best.

In short, remove all this unnecessary and complicated ticks stuff and have the matches played as Bo3 with Tickets. This is my 2 cents.

12. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

-tickets will probably never be added to a comp. beta game because most players just are not used to them/believe they will lead to camping
    -i guess but then you have to decide where the 3rd match will be played, and the team with the fastest cap would get it at their home server and youd still lose.
    -it was discussed before and the voting was very public
    -though i kinda agree the forfeit rule is reminiscent of AG#'s old clan war sub-rule (if you don't show up and we win by forfeit hip hip hurray), most of these rules are makmoud98's
    -it is strategic and skillful to win with the rules already used; although, some might find it lame

13. makmoud98

all of the stuff in the Other Stuff section in my rules post is snake's stuff that he wanted me to add

also,
    it is fact that tickets lead to camping have you ever played a gather match. literally every single match was some stupid camping fight at the end (which i think can be fun sometimes, but its not for competitive)

14. Then why was gather so popular and so many people played it, despite the camping occurring? and it wasn't scrubs that played it, it was all the regular pros that did clan wars that played gather (and that includes me). Even though tickets may cause camping, it will make clan wars more interesting and each team will have to work together and play strategically; Tickets will make it a lot easier to determine a winner as well. If we are to change any rules, remove the ticks method of winning and add tickets.

15. makmoud98

yea, but the issue is that it doesn't measure skill because you can easily pull a win out of your ass even if the other team is on like a 10-20 ticket lead

16. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

because no one made a captains game and I was bored of pubs. I played for quick matches with good players, tickets were the worst thing about it.

17. The current rules don't test skill or strategy, its just all in rush over and over. With the ticket system, it shows skill and strategy, as your example would require skill (and a bit of luck) to pull off the comeback, plus if a round is won by flag caps, the remaining tickets can be used to determine an overall winner if the match is drawn. Tickets are far better than the tick system currently in place and should be utilized in MLK.

18. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni

You make rushes sound so simple. That's okay if that's how you and your clan sees them, but I think most clans see rushes as sending their best 5 (or 6) players to fight another team and must use communication and teamwork to capture flags and win. For tickets, if by skill and strategy you mean each side camps back in their spawn and siege spams the other team once they get to 0 tickets leading to sometimes hour long matches (another thing critics of past leagues did not like), then yes, tickets are awesome. Although I am slightly sarcastic in saying that, that is what gather has become and what will happen if rules are changed.

19. makmoud98

definitely, i totally agree with what you're saying

20. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber

As you say it, it WAS popular because gather is DEAD