1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Petition to change MLK rules involving who wins the game

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by Blue_Tiger, Oct 3, 2015.

?

Remove ticks past mid & ticks to cap from MLK rules to allow ties?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I am not complaining about the rules because FoD lost, I just don't like them

I mean look at last season and how MIST was losing a shit ton, we didn't complain about the rules then.

2. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

i know, I put a bit everyone in the same bag, I know very well that you're not a bad loser Inferno. But I know that the most who complained about the rules has recently lost a clan war, and mad about that.

3. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

^

If I were in FIST! and winning every game, I'd still say the rules are utter shit.

Maybe because we are underdogs and these rules completely favour stronger teams.

As the main person saying the ticks were complete BS, I was never informed of the poll till someone said "well, the poll is closed and says we're going with ticks".

Also, I'll point out that a lot of the people voting against for this petition just want the league to go on a natural course till the season is over. That's fair enough, I just posted when I was told to post, but I definitely want a rule change for next season. Pretty sure very few players actually like ticks BS.

4. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

The arrogant has to prepare to be alone.

5. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

BS ? i said that i was not a fan of ticks but not that i hate them.

It's not my fault i send the poll in the conversation and a link to this conversation on my profil page for about one or two weeks

it's not offensive but the reality

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  6. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

It's used in a context where it can be only offensive, as a depreciation means.

7. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Code:
    Username:           Clan:   MLK:    Days:   Lost:   Matches:
    jadle1:             ?       ?       3       ?       ?
    BarsukEughen555:    -       -       0       -       -
    PUNK123:            -       -       1       -       -
    Sytoplasma:         -       -       60      -       -
    TheFlare:           MaJoR   -       0       -       -
    blackjoker77777:    YB      +       25      -       1
    Vamist:             FIST!   +       3       1       0
    Stevedog:           SP      +       13      1       0
    Obione5256:         SURGE   +       1       1       3
    Mazey:              nEVER   +       0       1       1
    CraftminerCZ:       maskG   +       ?       1       ?
    Teodor1:            maskG   +       ?       1       1
    Xaimani:            maskG   +       0       1       1
    Snipezz:            maskG   +       0       1       1
    Ranmage:            FoD:~   +       0       1       ?
    Redshadow6:         FoD:~   +       0       1       ?
    JaytleBee:          FoD:~   +       12      1       ?
    daskew87:           FoD:~   +       0       1       1
    mcrifel:            FoD:~   +       0       1       1
    Jansef:             FoD:~   +       0       1       1
    Blue_Tiger:         FoD:~   +       2       1       1
    A_Jax:              AG#     +       59      0       0
    I'm quite impressed. Pattern? Nope.

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Wanted to stay out of this but if you start naming me.. OK.

I have no idea what you even mean by "days", and what do losses have to do with this? The game I played in was a 2-0 for FIST, it had nothing to do with tickets, but whatever. Continue being Fuzzle, Fuzzle. You're saying frickin' shiz' again

The reason I voted yes is because of this drama from the ABC vs MaskG match the last week. The ticks mod is incomplete at this moment, it doesn't tell you which team won and having to note numbers or go through logs is shit. Improve the mod/add a competitive bot which tells you when matches are official and which team won etc. That doesn't mean I think you should change the rule right now, never change a rule while running a league.
    Also, ties work in ELO, so I don't see a huge benefit from ticks, just because ABC captured the flag 5min faster than MaskG shouldn't mean they get a full ELO loss.

Quick tutorial on how to make a league/tournament:
    -Create a ruleset
    -Play the league/tournament with that ruleset (so don't suddenly change the ruleset now, this should all be thought over next season)
    -???
    -have fun

tl;dr play this season with these rules but consider improving the mod and rethink the ruleset after this season

edit: also if you don't like the ruleset you shouldn't play but make your own small tourney or play clanwars not for any league but just for fun like most clanwars since classic

9. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Excellent example, pal. It's obvious that you don't understand shizz'.
    Should I explain once more?

10. Blue_Tiger

I was talking about myself as the main person against ticks.

And it is your fault. I don't check your profile and wasn't in the private conversation.

11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Please do, pal!

12. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

I bet he meant to say "the last time we were seen in-game".
    but the real question here (which I honestly think brought everyone's attention ) is:
    "why Wins aren't included?"
    I think that whole thing was made to convince people that we didn't like the rules because we lost? not sure but that's how it seems to be.
    I do not like the current rules (that's my honest opinion and I'm free to like/dislike), BUT I agree with Mazey and as he had just mentioned I'm against changing rules mid-tournament since that's going to delay it, cause lots of issues and mostly cause it to die at the current state.

13. Blue_Tiger

wtf are days? And also, because we are in losing clans, our votes should count less? Elitism at it's finest.

14. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

I never implied that your votes count less.
    I'm simply impressed.

15. Blue_Tiger

Holy shit, stop being so toxic.

16. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

wtf do you even mean with this shit

17. Mazey

All I said is that I think you should play with the rules you started with, but improve the bot. Rule changes should wait until next season, but please Fuzzle, explain your opinion once more, as I can't find it anywhere.

18. Blue_Tiger

his opinion is to play TTH

19. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Fair. The reason they decided to do 2 matches instead of 3 was 'cause of the intercontinental matches between US and EU that caused a ton of brawls, as it was impossible to choose a server for the final match. The teams would always win at their local server. Ties were removed as a draw is inevitable with 2 matches. It's far more attractive to do intercontinental matches now. The system ensures that every match is fair and square, and I find the hate undeserved. Kudos to @makmoud98. It's well-documented system / ruleset.

20. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Geez, this thread. I fail to understand why you people get so worked up over rules in a competitive thing, why is it so hard to just talk to each other like normal people, like, without trying to verbally bash their heads in?

In other words: stop your flaming and abusive behaviour instantly.