1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[PETITION TO REMOVE WATER AMMO]

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Contrary, Sep 7, 2013.

?

Should water ammo be removed?

1. Yes.

30.6%
  2. No.

32.9%
  3. No, but it needs lots of changes.

36.5%
  1. Boea

Boea Such Beta

[I'm half tempted to call EJ, BJ]

Anyways, water ammo isn't rare, if you want rare, look for mounted bows [no shops built], and bomb ammo [really small item cap/ production speed].

2. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

what i am saying about rare, is that they se it rarely
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 9, 2013 ---
    and i have never seen anyone do that

3. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I see this happening once every couple of game when I play on large servers.
    Not trying to be rude, but how often you do you play george?

4. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Water ammo could be nerfed a bit, but removing it altogether seems drastic.

Galaxydog1 likes this.
  5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

We have water buckets, and even two buckets is enough to keep all fires in check. [1 Bucket has 3 Uses per Fill]
    Water ammo makes dousing too available, and makes fire a non-issue, and pointless when water ammo is researched.

It'd give reason more reason for people to actually care about features like the workbench, hall care, and fire.
    [ Remember, Fire is a Large Feature in the Game, and it makes little sense for it to be Plain Useless ]

6. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

ALOT, and you are not rude, its alright if you are rude :thumbs_up:

Guitarman likes this.
  7. Boea

Boea Such Beta

The problem is that the long range stun barely benefits anyone.

Otherwise, knights have to use water bombs from a distance that they can't use the stun, or they are stunned too. And knights can trigger the bombs they throw when doing a "momentum throw".

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  8. Omen267901

Omen267901 Shopkeep Stealer

Not specifically signing for removal, but rather for nerfing. IMO, If they removed the ability for water ammo to douse fire, reduced the stun to 1 sec, and gave you the ability to put them in mounted bows, it would be good. It would also fix the issue with no one using mounted bows even though they are really strong when used properly. But if they don't nerf them, I sign for removal.

Maybe also add fire and bomb ammo to mounted bow ::D:

9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

But, what's the point of water ammo when the already too short stun length is further decreased?
    I agree that water ammo makes dousing too available/easy, but it doesn't make sense to remove it from "water" ammo, other than change the name I suppose.

10. Omen267901

Omen267901 Shopkeep Stealer

Possibly make it flash ammo, increase the stun to 3 secs, decrease the self-stun radius, add it to MB, and then it would be good?

11. Joefesok

Joefesok Builder Stabber

No.

oh god no.

Why.

You don't even understand why we hate this. First off, it's an effortless fix for fire, one of the best parts of the game. Second, it already stuns for far too long. Making an even larger stun is absurd. Third, so far I have yet to see someone wanting to keep it, who doesn't use it to stunlock.

12. Why not just make it practically useless for combat, but keep its fire fighting ability? Same with water bomb. Practically useless in combat, but it helps the Knight and Archer protect their towers at range without requiring a bucket.

I agree that it's quite redundant, and that it's annoying to fight against, but it does have so much potential.

Galaxydog1, MINIMAN and Sirpixelot like this.
  13. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I agree with this guy. Yes, I know I signed for removal.. but I also sign that this should be done. Not every single player is in their hall when its burning.. most are outside. Best to just.. make it this way.

14. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Seems everyone forgot that buckets have a large dousing range, and three uses per fill, and splashes when it falls a considerable distance, or hits something hard.

Having water ammo still out modes fire completely because of how fast it produces, and because it is a spawn item; again, two buckets can still easily keep any fire in check, without water ammo.

15. Didn't I say water arrow was redundant, but still useful for firefighting at range?

16. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I actually use water ammo in combat. It knocks archers off grappling hooks, stuns knights before they can throw bombs, and often bumps builders off the top of pencil towers.

17. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This is true. But can you hit a burning fire from like... 50 blocks away by throwing a bucket... not really xD

18. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Do you really need the option to douse fires from 50 tiles away, do you forget, there are builders, or workbenches near the halls.

Water ammo loses much of its novelty when it can't stun, and water ammo destroys the utility of a larger feature of the game, fire, because anyone can douse fires from 50 tiles away, with their dirt-common water arrows.

19. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Won't hurt, but hey, I guess you're right. :o

20. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

In order to keep this thread clean, we are adding a poll and removing the one line posts.
    Please vote above and save the posts for relevant discussion.

Galen and Lieber like this.