1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Phree Dungeons of Dredmor here!!!1!!!11!one1!!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Strech, May 3, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

Hello there!
    I have a tradable copy of Dungeons of Dredmor in my Steam inventory (won during the last christmas holiday's sale), and none of my friends is interested in it. I absolutely love that game, and i'd like to give it to a person that enjoys the genre or is attracted by it.

If you are interested, post why should i give the copy to you and only you, and in one week from today 03/05 i'll choose the lucky basterd that will receive the game for free!!! Yes, for free!!! It means you have to pay nothing for it! Really!

Also, i red a few days ago that the game is going to receive (soonish) a massive update containing lots of new rooms, skills , mobs and steam workshop support for user made mods!

See what the game feels like here: http://www.dungeonsofdredmor.com/

RallTheManiac and Kyzak like this.
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I'll throw my lot in. I absolutely love all roguelikes, and I've heard only good things about Dredmor.

If you want to know how much I play Roguelikes, enclosed in the following spoiler is a list of the ones I have played:
    -Angband
    -Caves of Qud
    -Cataclysm
    -IVAN (Iter Vehemens Ad Necem)
    -Dwarf Fortress
    -Triange Wizard
    -TOME (Tales of Maj-Eyal)
    -Cogmind
    -ADOM (Ancient Domain of Mystery)
    -Spelunky (if you call that a Roguelike, anyway)
    -Nethack
    -Crawl
    I may have forgotten a few, but you get the idea. I play Roguelikes extensively, and I have absolutely no doubt that I would have a good time with Dungeon of Dredmor.

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I'd like the copy because I'm better than anyone else who posts here.

Seriously: I've only played a few rougelikes, but they always interest me because of their difficulty. I've heard a lot about Dredmor and based on the videos I've seen, it's a rather humorous game. From what I've seen, I'd enjoy the self referential humor/ parody style that it has. I'd buy it myself, but I'm too poor to really buy any games right now.

4. I bet Desktop Dungeons with Bloodmage.

Also, I have to keep my blog alive so any new game would be nice.

5. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

The game is in fact quite hard. I played it for over 50 hour and i still never managed to beat it (but went really close to =( ). It's hard in a fun way, never too much frustrating... Btw it costs 4€ for me (4$ for you?), it's hardly possible you're too poor to buy it... :D

6. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

Should give it to me so I can play it and cherish the time spent on it. Also it'll give me something to play while I wait for my laptop to get fixed.

7. FlamingWaffle

FlamingWaffle Builder Stabber

I'll throw my name in here I s'pose; cause there's nothing I would "dread more" ;) than not having this game.

8. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Meh ill throw my name here since it looks like a decent game and i kinda need one so my whole life doesnt just turn in a big KAG :P

Strech likes this.
  9. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Personally, I think you should give it to me. I haven't played a great many rogue-like games, because I never have any money and so generally stick to the games I have got. Also, I have exams I need to procrastinate from revising for, and even if I don't end up procrastinating as much as I feel I probably will anyway, at least I'd have something beautiful as a prize for all my effort, a light at the end of the tunnel!

Also, you are a beautiful human being. ;)

Strech and Contrary like this.
  10. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Lol, none of you guys'd win prizes elsewhere, but if that's all he's got to choose from, maybe you guys'll have to crank up the charm? :P
    Seriously, guys, you don't usually get given stuff just by raising your hand! Dance monkey dance! ^_^
    For example, my brother won a quality steel kitchen knife with these 25-words-or-less, when asked to "Tell us why you should win this knife!":
    Nothing so good here, I'm afraid. :/

11. RallTheManiac

RallTheManiac Catapult Fodder

yeah im kind of lost in this dungeon i only got my laptop and i have been living on snail flesh for quite a while now. a spider is coming i have to go now...

12. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

Less than 48 hours and i'll proclaim the winner!!! :O

13. Hella

*makes humorous comment relating to Dungeons of Dredmor and the remaining time*

You see? I can't make a humorous comment, because I've never played the game. This is just too intense.

14. Nighthawk

In Roguelikes, your time is always running out...

Does that work for a humorous comment about Roguelikes in general? It's not really that humorous, but it's better than nothing, I suppose.

Nighthawk casts "Charm Person!"
    There. Now all I have to do is hope he fails his Will Saving Throw. :rollseyes:

15. Hella

I tend to find that dragons make things better. Maybe if you added dragons to your humor it might be better?..

16. Nighthawk

The only thing that dragons are good for is rearranging your limbs. And organs.
    And I like to stay organized.

Hella likes this.
  17. Hella

Better, much better. :D

18. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Especially so in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. After 200 million turns you get the message "The world outside has died. Not much point in getting the Orb now..."

And my Mummy Wizard was just getting warmed up!

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  19. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

I wonder how long you'd have to spend pressing 5 to have 200 million turns pass... I've only had one five rune win (SpEn of Kiku), and I only spent about 200k turns on it.

[I'm not interested in getting Dungeons of Dredmor, so count me out of the raffle.]

20. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I might as well give it a shot.

I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan of roguelikes, so much so that I pestered the creators of Sword Of Fargoal for the C64 to make an iOS remake, and have been pestering them to release the official sequel to the remake. Hahaha. It's not so much a roguelike, but it's very close and I love it all the same. I have a huge respect for people who are crazy good at these types of games as it takes a lot of planning, strategy, forethought and an INSANE amount of micro-management to really survive. At best I am passable at these games, but I love them none the less. :D Back in my RPG Maker 2003 days, I helped work on a collab to create a sort of dungeon crawl/roguelike for the engine, since at that time everyone was trying to make shit like Final Fantasy and at best, a weak rip off of Chrono Trigger. Time came and time went, and it seemed like I (along with the guy who organized the collab on rm2knet) was the only one who gave a damn about the project. I spent countless hours making my own monochrome sprites, tile sets, trying my BEST to create decent sounding MIDI files, and working like crazy on RM2K3's archaic "coding" that would actually make a roguelike possible. Unfortunately, that was so long ago that I barely remember the name, and I CERTAINLY doubt there's a downloadable of the demo I submitted...

Anyway, I would love to have it. I remember playing a demo/beta/whatevs of DoD, and remember falling deeply in love with it. "This character, whose skill-tome is open for your viewing pleasure, is a fire-slinging vampiric martial artist with a knack for armour use, and I’ve just earned myself a level by vandalizing a statue of Lord Dredmor. Where shall I put this skill point?" While I'm unsure at the amount of depth this game goes to, that sentence alone made me squeal in a child like joy, as I've been playing countless roguelikes trying to find one with this level of immersion.

Hope you'll truly consider me for this wonderful gift. :)

Beef likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi