1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Plan for the Rest of the Week

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 28, 2013.

1. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Quick question: If I buy an extra migrant will the hall permanetly spawn 6 migrants, or will it go back down to 5 if the 6th one dies?

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Builders are not meant to fight directly, they are the most defensive class out there, builders to me are like peons or peasants in RTS games, unusable in fight but can man defensive weapons or siege weaponry, build defences and structures, serves as a class to secure the gained ground and maintain supplies. I remember first time seeing aggressive builders long ago and went confused as to what this class tries to be and what does it accomplish, it was just too op, builders felt like titan gods with massive hammers.

Last point by me here, builders don't need coins because it might weed out some serial minecrafters (don't confuse this with point above, I'm talking about people who only play to build stuff and stand around doing nothing) and to get certain items you will need to fight or help your team capture the hall. Last point is that I don't think we would want people to farm coins all the time and make silos filled with explosives and such, although that was fun for short period of time in classic.

But if you really insist there might also be some alternative way to gain coins, perhaps by placing blocks, upgrading or repairing them but then it will bring the problem classic had which was trap bridge spam to get coins.

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

You could easily give Builders coins. Just lower their coin-gathering rate by 90%. You could code a script that gives them 1 coin for every 10 things they gather, or just give them a 10% chance to get a coin every time they gather/build something.

That way it's no longer worth it to slap a tree, because you'll be doing it for 2 minutes to get 1 bomb's worth of coins instead of 10 seconds. Problem solved.

4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

It's not that simple, some people will insist on simply mining more or chopping more trees and still be useless, the point is that you need to motivate the players to become useful.

NinjaCell and Classic like this.
  5. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

I HAVE AN IDEA! here is what i propose, yes bring back coins but only have them work with arrows of all types and bombs of all types. not sure if food should be free or if you should have to buy it. Heres the catch tho, say if you have 1 bomb shop then every knight automatically gets one bomb and only one bomb per life, However if a knight or archer wants to have extra ammo or bombs than they can just go to the military supplies or shop of their choice and buy more. knights would basically only have one bomb untill they bought more for a more effective bomb jump attack. Archers arrow count at begining should be reduced to 20 arrows instead with the coming of a military supplies. This solves the problem of one guy taking 4 bombs when theres only 2 mili supplies leaving some knights without a bomb. Also prevents knights from constantly bomb jumping in to bases with 3 or 2 other bombs to blow shit up with. This will still happen but just not at such a rapid rate like it is now. I am not sure if ballistas and catas should cost coins or if kegs should cost coins. Maybe the spawn rate of these items could be increased to make games go on even more. The coins should be purely kills and nothing else. maybe 5 coins per kill sounds good or maybe 5 coins for archer and builder kills and 10 coins for knight kills. Bombs being dropped on death should stop because since every knight gets one bomb for each life other knights getting bombs from killed knights is op (at least to me it is).

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: typos - fixed, sorry about that.

Re: OGM ARCHERS OVERPOWERED
    You are bad and should feel bad.
    >haven't played it
    >constantly reminded that we're keeping game balance in mind
    >every change has a reason along with it usually re: balance
    >"lel isn't that op?"

No. If anything they are currently under powered; we have about five pending buffs to be trialled after this release settles.

Archer now fills a separate niche - they can move around with ease and with enough skill can output a lot of damage, but they are very fragile and can't one hit anything. Knight can one hit them with a slash or a bomb, and one hit builders and other knights with double slashes and builders with bombs. The changes give archers a chance to harass and defend effectively and gives them less of a chance for random "rofl" kills in melee. In groups they have potential for good damage output, support and area denial, and can actually push siege engines and boats around. CQC around trees and ledges is also viable if you are good enough at being soap. Overall it feels like more of a real class and less of an afterthought.

Re: Coins
    We're already planning on bringing back coins and have ideas for how it'll work with all classes getting relatively equal pay for good performance. At the time of writing, there are no plans for coins for gathering materials, as you already gain materials for gathering materials. At the moment coins are planned mostly for purchasing ammo. Regardless: this change will only be enacted in the CTF patch, not before. We've got significantly more important things to do in game than split the currencies logically at the moment. It's not worth arguing about among yourselves at the moment.

Addendum: Nagging or ordering us to use coins for this or that thing in the game is unlikely to yield anything other than me putting you on ignore.

Re: Migrants from Halls
    Yes, the extra migrants respawn just like the "free" ones.

Re: Dinghie damage
    Deal with it, or mod it back into your servers.

7. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I'd be fine if you simply had to power the factories with coins to make them run as fast as they do now.
    [Or maybe pay for supply drops, after the first five, after game start/hall take over, iunno]

The thing I'd like for coins would be the chance to throw them at people, like Killing Floor, maybe. Anyways, maybe people get a coin purse [and can throw them out in stacks, which organize into the largest increments, descending], maybe people can slap a "toss dosh" button [with max increment per, descending].
    [But since the game is so fast, I don't think I'll ever see the warrant to have one guy run the coins back as a sort of convoy.]
    [I've never really paid attention to what the increments were, I think it's 1, 5, 10, 25, 50]

Anyways, grabbing coins in Challenge mode as it is, is weird, since you have to sit on them for a few seconds.

Oh, and Archers have 2H? Aw well, fbb said they were in the spectrum of glass cannons and speedsters.
    [Maybe it's because they do a slash-stab combo, that I think they already one hit archers, pre-week release]

And a postscript for FBB: hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue [it's also a pun!]

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Clarification on health and damage:
    Archers have 2h and arrows do 1h. Water arrows do no damage. Fire arrows do 1h plus burn damage. Bomb arrows do 1h + 2h explosion.

Re: Grabbing coins:
    It's weird because that's the only way for it to run fast at the moment - particle vs blob collisions are not nearly optimised enough so it only checks every few ticks and for slow moving coins. Little known fact - picking up coins in classic contributes about 30 percent of CPU usage on busy servers. Once they're a bigger part of the game again we'll have to optimise.

NinjaCell, Guitarman and Hawxx like this.
  9. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

• But if we make it coins then it just makes gold useless; during mining all you want to find is scrolls, and stone but no gold so this resolves the problem.

10. Boea

Boea Such Beta

How about we do what happened in Alpha, make Gold and Coin be used for completely separate things.

/problem
    Gold for tech, coin for extra supply drops.
    [Supply drops, over halls, not resources up front]

11. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

I have question about triple shot. How long you must load it? Its only little more than full charged or like 2 times more?

12. Boea

Boea Such Beta

3 Seconds, it's the New Overcharge for Archers.

And if it isn't clear, it fires 3 Full Charged Arrows, each causing knockback, like a regularly full charged arrow, and causing stun when the knockbacked target is pushed into a surface, like a regularly full charged arrow.

More or less, get rekt.

I wonder if you can use it on special arrows. [GET FUCKED]

13. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

geti, you said that normal arrows do 1 hearth damage, so are those the full loaded or the weekones? or both?

14. Geti

Very weak ones only do .5, every other arrow does 1 heart on hit. Imagine instead of the 0.5-1-2 range of current there is 0.5-1-1

Re: Archer Shooting Changes
    As Boea said theres ~3 second charge comparable to knight double slash (not identical) for the legolas shot mode, during which you can fire 3 arrows sequentially by clicking. If you hold it too long there's stun, just like with knight double slashing.
    Because the arrows only do 1 heart, it can't actually 1 hit a knight unless you include a bomb arrow in the volley and the knight doesn't shield the explosion. It feels like a bit of wildcard at the moment, we'll see how it plays out with large pub games though, haha.

15. kedram

With the information i now have i can say that without being backed up against an unclimbable wall archers legolas shot should be pretty easy to deal with. Of course going up against a knight and a archer at once will become an even harder task but if i had an archer with me as well it should even out well. Maybe i can even time my attacks well enough to get around the legolas shot Knight combo. Not sure yet how this is going to play out.

16. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Are you sure about that, they can unleash it while you are walking at them, and stun you on the second to third shot, then flee.

Worse yet, if they have three water arrows.

17. kedram

I did say it would take precise timing in order to avoid getting shot by the legolas shot. I can do it if its just an archer alone but if there is a knight then it would be tougher for sure. I wont always be alone either so its not like every encounter i have is going to be me against an archer and another knight. I have already gotten the timing with the double slash down correctly and i can tell whats good for all situations concerning knight. It wont take long for me to analyze all of the archers new tricks to be able to counter them all accordingly. Just remember though this is not your last buffs you will be getting as archer as get said.

18. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

You won't beable to counter my annoying arrow spam

Aeroblitzer and Guitarman like this.
  19. eamono

eamono Arsonist

1 water arrow could do the same thing, since water arrows do no damage

20. Seladur

Seladur Catapult Fodder

I really liked the new features.

The ''Halls drown'' one is an awesome addition!
    --------------
    Also...
    Sorry to ask this, but do you have any prevision for a release date? :D