1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Planet Centauri

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Asu, Jan 24, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I never said the game was doomed or that it wasn't coming out. All I said was that I wouldn't get my hopes up.

And yes, obviously being a programmer is nothing like a doctor or a fast food employee... It's called an analogy. My point was that I don't have to be a game developer/programmer to criticize something made by a game developer/programmer. All I said was that it doesn't matter if you have proficient knowledge about something, you don't need to have that knowledge to criticize something. Like, I'm a musician; that's my hobby in my spare time. Just because I'm a musician and you're not doesn't mean that if I write something, you can't criticize it. Understand what I'm saying?

I also work in the medical field and have nurse training under my belt; despite that, I can still tell a doctor that I disagree with his diagnosis if it doesn't fit. At the same time, even the common man doesn't need to have medical knowledge to disagree or want a second opinion.

My point is that I am allowed to criticze the game, despite my lack of development/programming knowledge. I'm allowed to say that it looks exactly like Terraria and Starbound, because it does. I don't think this game is worth getting excited about, especially considering how unreliable the devs have been up to this point.

Asu likes this.
  2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Still being late, but the developer allowed me to show off his current TODO list :
    • Item names and buffs
    • Put the skills on the UI
    • Sandworm unkillable
    • Make yeti
    • Change bird's cooldown
    • "Lock down" blocks under trees/chests
    • Block particles
    • Ambiant lights
    • Clouds
    • Mouse scrolling for items, inventory, crafting...
    • Night music begins late (The player should hear it on the sunset to know it's incoming)
    • Even without wearing weapons, attack animations still happens and consumes mana
    Just little things, so we can except it in less than a week, let's say?

Btw, thebonesauce : You could have said this to viridi militis too, people donated stuff and nothing ever came out.

3. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

and let me guess, we have to wait 3 years until they realize this "TODO" list right? (-_-)

4. Asu

Since yesterday he checked up around 3 stuff from the todo list, so...

Oh, also, there's a contest going on on a french community about programming. There are around 10 people in, and guess what, we can win a Planet Centauri key, eheh. I'll try to make something not too bad.

5. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

wait what?!!!? I should join too (is VB allowed?)

6. Asu

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  7. thebonesauce

Asu, you're my dude and I can admire your blind faith, but dude, it's okay not to be super optimistic about something. XD

BlueLuigi and Asu like this.
  8. Asu

The prototype was out yesterday! (They kept the 13th friday idea).
    [​IMG]
    Pretty cool!

9. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Looks nicec. A little too much terraria. The trees are like a more detailed copy of terraria. Bit too manga ish for me.

10. thebonesauce

Maybe it's just me, but the trees look kinda shitty. Like the generator for them isn't working so well... 2nd tree from the right to be precise. Notice the limbs? I mean, yeah, it's cool that they finally released what they said they would, but they need more work.

11. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Yeah and the trees dont really match the background trees and colours.

12. thebonesauce

I don't know... I just find it incredibly difficult to get excited about ANYTHING that looks like a Minecraft/Terraria derivative. This whole, "procedurally generated game with crafting!" idea is getting a bit snoozeville.

EhRa likes this.
  13. Asu

Yep, I told the dev. He said it's pretty hard to make proper trees and variations so they didn't have the time to improve them for the prototype.
    In a future update of the prototype they also will release a better world generator.

Let me guess, we're on a forum about what kind of game..?

14. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

we both know that KAG isn't similar to Minecraft/Terraria , so you're not totally right my friend ::P:
    KAG might be based on building and fighting but the gameplay is way to different from those games.
    you know that those "procedurally generated games" are the bestselling indie games right? :rektlord:

15. thebonesauce

Yeah, it's because children are stupid and want shitty games about crafting. It's nonsense.

16. Asu

I've been looking on google for "shitpost gif" for around 10 pages but I've found nothing fitting enough.
    Seriously what's your point? Planet Centauri's main thing is not crafting at all. Just check where do you get your "info" from before raging into some game's thread.
    You're also directly implying PC is a shit game. How in hell can you say that? The prototype is barely out and the release will not have the current gameplay at all. When KAG was at build 50 were you spamming "Yeah, it's because children are stupid and want shitty mid-age games. It's nonsense"?

17. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

guys could you please stop raging and flaming this thread? could we please keep it clean?if you want to fight then please do it on PM or in-game :rektlord:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'm going to be honest, at first I thought this game wouldn't be another one of the shitty Terraria-alikes that are plaguing Steam/iOS, but the more I see and read this thread, the more I'm not so sure. I'm sure the programmer is a great guy, but you shouldn't work out or throw out a date until you're almost there and have bugtested these things that can change from a few days, to a few weeks.

That said, a lot of things kinda bother me that are mostly graphical, when they show off riding the bike into a jetpack for example, that looks absolutely horrid, I have no idea how that would make it into a trailer, it seems cool, and maybe some young kids will be all "Aww man awesome!", without realizing just how awkward that looks, and then the jetpacking itself looks pretty bad, even compared to Starbound's floating/flying (which is a little odd, but nowhere near as bad as that).

Also it's okay to be adamant about something AsuMagic buddy, but some of your posts here seem almost like viral marketing more than fanaticism.

thebonesauce likes this.
  19. Asu

It's just a proof of concept, they haven't done those animations at all at the time. So yeah it looked pretty bad. Better look at that I guess :
    [​IMG]
    It was the first result on /r/pixelart (reddit) also. About the bike I don't know if it was supposed to be the final sprite but I don't think so.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

wow that's beautiful ! but seriously AsuMagic ,this game is still facing some tiny issues (I am speaking about the prototype) I mean have a look at this
    upload_2015-3-16_20-37-46.png
    he is holding the sword in a hilarious way man ::P:
    and why is this tree like that? (O_o)
    upload_2015-3-16_20-39-38.png
    BTW, we can't judge a game on it's start , this game looks great and it is still in the prototype stage . I can imagine how great it is going to be after few updates to fix those minor issues , also there is a huge difference between this game and terraria , I am talking about game graphics (still have no idea about the gameplay).
    So maybe we should give this new game a chance ::):

Mods: BlueLuigi