1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Play Shiprekt!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Apr 9, 2014.

1. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

I always tell people; "Kill 10 sharks w/ your fists w/o dieing"

JPD and Noburu like this.
  2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Be a spectator to be a shark... You are not cool to new people..

3. 101i

index.jpg

Rayne, Asu, Porti and 1 other person like this.
  4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Some people doesn't know that and they ask me. And now all people that didn't know, know it now. If they have read this post.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  5. 101i

Nice english :^). (Didn't Know)
    Spectating sharks shouldn't be able to kill players, it can create an unfair match.

6. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Heck, they shouldn't be sharks when spectating, at all. Creates an unfair match when you have a spectator shark stalking a ship, so a bigger, better ship can come and destroy it because it knows exactly where it is, and how weak it is. And when the shark is talking, giving information about it to others, it's just not fun.

7. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

There is *nothing* stopping them from finding that out on their own.
    And how is that any different from normal spectators being bale to talk? :huh?:

8. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Well whenever I use my minimap, it is unreliable. I will see a large ship at position 'X', then as I approach there, it disappears on my map bit by bit when I am close, and suddenly there's nothing there.
    Got me there, didn't think it through.

9. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

MFW thats still a thing

10. 101i

>compass to hard to use

11. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

It isn't ;p
    What's the problem?

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Shiprekt is as glorious as it is horrendous.

Glorious bc all the things that bring out the very best in me (creativity, the opportunity to explore, test, fail faster, lend a helping hand to newer players confused by the world they've just stepped into, etc.) have been concentrated and refined into what becomes a flow experience of construction, hilarity, and righteous face-rekery. It signals the rise of the all-powerful master-builder race once again (something sadly lacking in the Steam release of KAG vis-a-vis Classic).

Horrendous bc all the things that bring out the very worst in me (namely, dumb fu people fouling up my work with their general idiocy) have been dialed up to 11 and then glued in place by some sadistic bastard. Suddenly all those players you could usually rely on safely going knight/archer and getting the cu flipping way out of the road now have no option but to play (ha! play! like it's a game or something?) at building and, beneath the overwhelming weight of their inadequacies, bury you and your once-proud-but-now-rapidly-sinking ship.

[user]Geti[/user] & [user]MM[/user]-- I love you, I hate you. This mod is bittersweet bliss and torture. Hallelujah.

JPD and Sir_Walter like this.
  13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

To be fair, the compass really should have a better indication of which way is "forwards".

{edit}
    Wait, this thread is the same as that other one? D'oh. Unintentional double post ftl. Clearly time to sleep. >_<

14. Frederikam

Frederikam Drill Rusher

"For the loss" (as opposed to ftw).

15. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Mod continues to be fun, aside from the majority of servers being 16+ players and I have to get lucky and get on an 8 player one to enjoy myself.

I cannot wait to see how people mod this mod, though. I have two in mind that I would love to see.

-PvE in a no teams style, either players respawn with a new core instead of on another ship and the game goes till someone kills 3, or all dead players join a "water fortress" team that would consist of an immobile core (can't get engines) that doesn't get mines but gets a lot of cannons.

-Able to pick your own blocks that are on a cool-down instead of random. This mode would have the core work similar to the nursery, in the fact that it will max out at maybe 5 of each type, and each type takes certain times to be made. f.e. backwalls take 3 seconds, solid walls take 5, mines take 12, seats take 20, engines take 18, cannons take 22...or something. Maybe there could even be a way to trade speeds, like canceling making cannons will speed engines up by like 4-5 seconds faster.

Porti and Sarkalest like this.
  16. Porti

Porti Ballista Bolt Thrower

I hate my computer :>:(:. I can`t play it, when on server is 4 people or more ::(:

Crabmaster likes this.
  17. DarkDragonBoy

DarkDragonBoy Haxor

i hear you man.in an 8 player server, people build massive ships which make my game lag. so sad.

Porti likes this.
  18. My first time playing, I spawned on my own core with nothing on it:
    Icemusher: How do I move this ship? What's this round thing?
    Icemusher: FUK! WTF was that thing...
    Captain_Blocker: It's a bomb...
    Next thing I know huge red ship takes advantage of my noobiness and kills mah ship.

Noburu and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Sounds like a good example of Shiprekt to me. ^_^

icemusher and 101i like this.
  20. metalcallous

metalcallous Shipwright

I'm curious on seeing experienced/capable shipwrights fighting against each other in an organized game. Someone start organizing please and take videos XD, though sadly my timezone is on the Asian/Oceanic area; makes me miss the fun of Chrispin's modded servers :(