1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Play Shiprekt!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We might do that for the next side project we have in the works - we dabbled with http://floobits.com/ for streaming code edits but it has some major issues with version control interoperability, so we've had to leave it be, sadly.

The thing is that the majority of work for any mod like this is programming. The art can be anywhere you like within the mod folder, as long as the code says where it is. We even reduced the use of blob configs here quite a lot and just set up objects in the code.

"Unfortunately" that's just how making a game, or an item in a game works, you write code that makes the item work. There are a few places where a diff (comparing what changed) would be useful, but for the most part they look like this (screenshot of a side project diff from last week) : http://grab.by/xYN8

That said, livestreaming work on the game is something we'd like to try. I know @Arcrave wanted us to do this with mods before.

FuzzyBlueBaron, zerd and Noburu like this.
  2. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

Making a video ? Like recording all your jobs for a specific mod and after just take the most important/usefull ?

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Livestreaming would do that, but recording the whole time has overhead as well (as anyone recording a game knows).

Thing is, we don't know what would be "useful" to you guys other than learning to program. Making shiprekt was one of the easiest things we've done using the KAG engine, making TTH technology was harder and less fun :)

Mazey likes this.
  4. Risa3571

Risa3571 Builder Stabber

I cant change the map size.. can you help me? :)

5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey @Risa3571, this thread isn't meant for help discussion + you're bumping a really old thread. You should probably start off by reading this section of the forums.

PUNK123, 101i and Verzuvius like this.