1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Player Retention

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tern, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Bomb jumping was silly in classic, and downright stupid in beta.

Classic: Press F, shield up, blast into the sky. Press F again while falling, if timed right you'll blast up again. Repeat to fly.
    Beta: Spit a bunch of bombs on the ground, shield down, fly into the vast Starbound universe.

J-man2003 likes this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If that's all you know/knew of bomb jumping, you were silly, and then downright stupid. :/

There was a lot more to bomb jumping and a lot of important differences between the different ways of doing so, doing it the way you say used to be one of the worst ways,, go ask Ej it used to piss him off a lot.

3. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Because of the way coins worked in alpha only the good knights could afford bombs to bomb jump with, and even then it was hard, and not as powerful, but because of the way the game worked far more devastating, you would think this would cause good players to snow ball and be unbeatable, but it didn't, no idea why but some other old fag will make a wall of text about it.

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Obviously it's not ALL I know, but it was the easiest method and it was silly. Obviously shielding down on a bomb with another primed in your hand and then pulling off a triple in midair was the best way to do it, and you can use that method in Beta too, but I'm referring to the noob-easy method of bomb jumping. Both classic and beta had a method, and each was either silly or stupidly easy to abuse.

5. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

ya but cant you just go builder and get a easy 20 coins?

BlueLuigi likes this.
  6. I disagree , luck based hack and slash only gets you a certain distance, all it takes is for someone with 'strategy' to lunge of a wall and slash stomp you, or shield bash stomp slash you, their are many ways to counter in beta if your willing to learn.
    Then die of fall damage

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Knights never take fall damage in classic. Shield gliding OP. It also used to be the same way in beta until the awful nerfs.

Fuzzle likes this.
  8. ieatpieandlikepie

chickens are cuewl :P

9. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

.. and obviously, you're one of the few.

10. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

As Fuzzle said, you are one of few. I still play it even after three years but only in short bursts. Most people don't play it for hundreds of hours because there isn't much content or variation. It's fun as hell but pretty much doing the same thing over and over again gets boring.

Fuzzle likes this.
  11. Bombjumping was actually abysmal. "Hurr durr let me hold the bomb and fly"

12. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well, one thing is sure:
    People who take the time to join the forums will either stay for a long time, or are here just to bitch about being ping-banned and not waiting for 5 minutes.

13. I play for hundred of hours only because how tight the community is. After playing for as long as I have you get to know everybody, and once someone gets bored of playing kag we can just all jump on minecraft or what not. I find it's the people that keep bringing me back to kag rather than the gameplay. Being decent at kag is just a bonus

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  14. Dargona1018

I kinda agree with the people part because, however terrible the comunity is towards newbies, they are great to each other, competitive enough to make it interesting, and most players are really cool guys (and gals) once you get past the :rekt:-spam.

15. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

'Tis a nice place here.

16. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

Are you sure you play the same game I do. Most monopoly games have more teamplay and most window cuddling flys are less desoriented then the average player you meet in this game. Besides the way everyone plays the game, there are rarely remarkable personalties. It's suprising that the only person from the forums I even remember playing with/against ingame is Duplolas.

Back to topic; the gameplay changes with every 1-2 months but without adding (much) new content. The game left the beta stage after adding legolas and archer ropes but latest changes feel like a regression. Either add new content or stop changing crucial game-elements.

17. Dargona1018

Or, if you rather, you don't play the same one that we do. There are a lot of people here that say that they have met some good people in this game, so I imagine that it's just that you have yet to.

18. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I've never had the misfortune of meeting him ingame. Maybe a quarantine should be set up just in case, though.

Noburu and norill like this.
  19. ieatpieandlikepie

How about we advertise the game on a minecraft server or something.

MORE PEOPLE

MORE MONEY FOR GETI

MORE FUN

MORE NOOBS TOO

BETTER KD

J-man2003 likes this.
  20. Dargona1018

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    No, this is about keeping players, and Minecrafters wouldn't be fun.

It'll be Steam Sale all over again......... Oh god, the horror...