1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Playing KAG with multiple monitors

Discussion in 'Help' started by DragonShark, Jan 18, 2016.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

So, I got my second monitor for a while now. And I started to pick up KAG again.
    But once I move my arm too fast and click out of KAG to the second monitor it automaticly alt+tabs.
    Is there any way to make the cursor stuck in 1 screen in game?
    This usually isn't a problem for other games.
    Anyone got a solution?

2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I had the same issue when I used two monitors. I have no idea how to fix it

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Ah right, the old bug of mouse not being caught within the window...it has to be fixed code-side.

I have never found any workaround for this.

4. DragonShark

Yeah it's really annoying when you're in the heat of a knight battle and you just lose since you click out of your window.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I know this is a frustrating thing to learn for people but
    • Windowed mode (100x less issues with alt+tab and freezing, rendering issues etc)
    • Keep cursor closer to your character
    The lib that we're using for rendering cant do software fullscreen or cursor locking, so we'd have to develop platform-specific solutions for each of those. Obviously migrating away from that library is not really likely to happen so late into development.

6. DragonShark

Isn't there like some software which can solve this problem?
    There should be one.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

That's what a library is, some software. The library we're using (irrlicht) does not provide a way to do software fullscreen, or to "grab" the mouse. There are a lot of libraries that do, but this is the one MM chose 8+ years ago, and its pretty tightly coupled to almost every part of the engine unfortunately.
    We might be able to hack in our own platform specific ways to do it; which opens the way for more platform-specific bugs. Sigh. It's not high priority I'm afraid.

8. DragonShark

I found a really good software for this issue. It's called "Borderless Gaming" on Steam.
    Use this with a windowed game. It would look like full screen. If you would click out of your monitor it wouldn't alt tab. Really good software

Geti likes this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey